Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race for the Bathurst 1000?
C.Lowndes/J.Whincup 47 44.76%
R.Kelly/T.Kelly 5 4.76%
J.Courtney/G.Seton 19 18.10%
R.Ingall/L.Youlden 0 0%
S.Richards/P.Dumbrell 3 2.86%
P.Morris/S.Ellery 8 7.62%
T.Longhurst/S.Owen 4 3.81%
N.Pretty/P.Weel 0 0%
A.Davison/G.Denyer 6 5.71%
C.McConville/G.Murphy 2 1.90%
J.Bowe/B.Jones 0 0%
A.Simonsen/R.Lyons 4 3.81%
G.Ritter/C.McLean 0 0%
M.Wilson/D.Besnard 0 0%
M.Noske/O.Kelly 0 0%
J.Fernandez/T.Ricciardello 1 0.95%
D.Canto/L.Holdworth 1 0.95%
A.Jones/J.Richards 0 0%
C.McConville/G.Murphy 0 0%
W.Luff/A.Macrow 0 0%
T.D'Alberto/A.Tratt 0 0%
M.Marshall/J.Webb 0 0%
F.Coulthard/P.Radisich 0 0%
D.Brede/M.Caruso 2 1.90%
M.Halliday/D.Brabham 0 0%
J.Bright/M.Winterbottom 0 0%
W.Davison/S.Johnson 0 0%
R.Briscoe/Jim Richards 0 0%
A.Gurr/K.Scott 0 0%
J.Perkins/S.Price 0 0%
M.Skaife/G.Tander 3 2.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1731501)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drive of the Day - Bathurst 1000

What a fantastic race. Accident packed as it was, it turfed up some really good racing and through it all it was Lowndes and Whincup who emerged victorious, winning the race for Peter Brock. So, who do you give your vote to for drive of the day?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1731506)   #2
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna get flamed down here something cronic, but I give it a tie between Lowndes and Courtney.

Lowndes saw the pressure at the end, took it & laughed in its face. That was a legendary drive
Courtney not once, but twice dragged the car from the lower half of the top ten to be in contention. I think he would be 1 bugger little camper at the end of that double stint too.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1731507)   #3
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we had the best bathurst in years,the only problem i had was with the fianl safety period,was it really necassary to be the safey car out for jason richards's car?and why didnt they bring it out again when he crashed in the final few laps of the race?.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1731508)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
James Courtney
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1731516)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Lyons & Allan Simonsen did well to get their entry up to 5th at one point, Lyons sticking to the rear of the two SBR cars.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1731517)   #6
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lowndes and Whincup were great and worthy drivers of the race but the Courtney/Seton should get special mention.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1731523)   #7
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R Kelly and James Courtney were my picks.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1731536)   #8
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford
I think we had the best bathurst in years,the only problem i had was with the fianl safety period,was it really necassary to be the safey car out for jason richards's car?and why didnt they bring it out again when he crashed in the final few laps of the race?.
Well he was beached at the fastest area of the track, couldve been potentially disasterous if he was left there. I thought for sure they'd send it out for that final crash though, especially considering how many other accidents occured there over the weekend, but i suppose it worked out fine in the end.

I think all the guys that hung on to finish did a brilliant job, but my pick would be Lowndes and Whincup. Who knows what those guys were feeling going into the race, and especially that final stint where it was becoming a reality.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1731549)   #9
pink_bits
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
pink_bits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done Steve Owen.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1731550)   #10
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nathan Pretty, what a joke- after running Radisich off the Track
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1731551)   #11
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
although i think that he needs to grow up in regards to attitude... i think that Rick Kelly drove a great race

Go the Datto!!!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1731554)   #12
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remove N Pretty from this list please
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:12 (Ref:1731556)   #13
rockdog
Rookie

rockdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=FPV GTHO]Well he was beached at the fastest area of the track, couldve been potentially disasterous if he was left there. I thought for sure they'd send it out for that final crash though, especially considering how many other accidents occured there over the weekend, but i suppose it worked out fine in the end.
quote]

you've got to be joking!!! the chances of another car going that deep into the sand trap at speed was very very low. its was BS. thank the maker that lowndes held on.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1731557)   #14
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
James and Glenn for me
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1731569)   #15
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Rick Kelly and Jamie Whincup drove very very good races.

Realistically Whincups pass on Todd probably set up the win.

Seeing Lowndes and Kelly trading fastest laps in the dying stages was inspiring and I defy the most one eyed red or blue goggled supporter not to give credt where it was due for these two.

Craig withstood the extreme pressure from Rick who for mine, drove one of the most mature and fautless races anyone has put in at Bathurst.

Courtney did a great job holding out Ingall in another mature drive, and Seto did what he had too, to make sure he gave James back a straight car in a good position.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1731571)   #16
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glenn didnt do much... the only reason that SBR car got to where it was is because of James.

It was Craigs day... from the tears in the Torana to the tears on the podium.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1731602)   #17
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdog
you've got to be joking!!! the chances of another car going that deep into the sand trap at speed was very very low. its was BS. thank the maker that lowndes held on.
And yesterday what would the chances of the favourite for the win not seeing turn 2 have been?

The sand traps are that deep for a reason. Richo ended up down there and it was still possible someone else could too. The officials have a duty of care to do whats safe, and thats what they did in this instance.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1731640)   #18
auzziemonza
Rookie

auzziemonza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why the safety car for the first incident with the Tasman car? To bring up the field to Lowdnes?

Why no safety car for the second Tasman incident? That would have taken the suspense out of the finish that had been set up by the second to last safety car?

Why so many Safety Car periods? Because the race Director has lost touch with motor racing and has forgotten (been forced to forget by the drivers) that the flaggies can control localised incidents!

The second last SC was not required. If I was the RD, "Double Yellows at the entrance to the Chase, waved Double Yellows at the Chase, Green at the Bridge! That is directing a race not, a TV show.

While on the subject, (Safety Car minimum required TV Time) isn't the Safety car suposed to pick up the race leader? When did one of the GRM Valvoline cars lead the race?

Last edited by auzziemonza; 8 Oct 2006 at 10:02.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1731641)   #19
FORDSTAR1
Rookie

FORDSTAR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
drive of the day for mine was Courtney. He made sure the car was in the top 6 for most of the day and pulled his finger out without hurting the car. Did a great job avoiding McConville's litte indiscretion. Ross & Jim's choice has been vindicated.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1731653)   #20
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
james courtney, without a doubt, was my best driver of the day.

he obviously didn't have the best car underneath him but his drive was faultless and fast. the way he took it by the scruff of its neck and hauled that car up through the field everytime he got his bum in it was brilliant.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1731657)   #21
auzziemonza
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz
I think Rick Kelly and Jamie Whincup drove very very good races.

Craig withstood the extreme pressure from Rick who for mine, drove one of the most mature and fautless races anyone has put in at Bathurst.
I to have changed my opinion of R.Kelly. A very measured and mature drive today.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1731667)   #22
auzziemonza
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
And yesterday what would the chances of the favourite for the win not seeing turn 2 have been?

The sand traps are that deep for a reason. Richo ended up down there and it was still possible someone else could too. The officials have a duty of care to do whats safe, and thats what they did in this instance.
As for your first point - care factor.

Second: Re the depth of the sand trap - Richards had to drive out to the point where he could go no further (steering or what ever). It was the Race Director thinking he (it, she, whatever) had delusions of being a TV Director! I shudder to think if he (it, she, whatever) might have a Holden bias and was having a bad day! Was Shenken the Race Director? Was there an incident I heard where he told the "Pace Car" to pick up the #54? There was no #54! That was when the GRM car was first car?
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1731689)   #23
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought Ellery had a great drive. Might see him back full time for PMM next year. Courtney superb controlled aggression, Whincup awesome, Lowndes great under pressure and "cough" Rick Kelly great drive and I am almost starting to like him.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1731694)   #24
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I voted for Craig & Jamie I have totally changed my attitude towards Rick. Whereas a year or two ago he seemed a spoilt little brat (remember his ourburst after being overtaken at the last corner at Winton in 2004?) he has now matured and relaxed and seems to be becoming a good bloke.

James Courtney could well be a superstar of the future; if he is then there are a lot of us with a lot of humble pie to eat!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:39 (Ref:1731708)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lowdnes/Whincup brilliant, ditto Kelly x 2. Courtney was amazing and simonsen/ lyons deserved better for there efforts. So I would vote for them all equal

Quote:
I think we had the best bathurst in years
Really ?