Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1974776)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2008 Calendar

1) 16 March - Australia - Albert Park
2) 23 March - Malaysia - Sepang
3) 6 April - Bahrain - Sakhir
4) 27 April - Spain - Barcelona
5) 11 May - Turkey - Istanbul
6) 25 May - Monaco - Monte Carlo
7) 8 June - Canada - Montreal (provisional)
8) 22 June - France - Magny-Cours
9) 6 July - Britain - Silverstone
10) 20 July - Germany - Hockenheim
11) 3 August - Hungary - Hungaroring
12) 24 August - Europe - Valencia
13) 7 September - Italy - Monza
14) 14 September - Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
15) 28 September - Singapore - Singapore
16) 12 October - China - Shanghai
17) 19 October - Japan - Fuji
18) 2 November - Brazil - Interlagos

So, we go into November now, despite no long gaps like this year. Turkey's a bit early, and Australia's still the opener. And as expected, no returns for Suzuka or Imola
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1974782)   #2
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you all will... but I'm certain I heard some where (nothing to back this up btw) that in 2008 we were starting in Bahrain.

I only heard it quite recently and I'm sure it was on Radio 5 Live.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1974783)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a source for this ?

There are many articles on the internet which state that the Australian date of March 16th will be the Second round after a Bahrain opener.

Here's just one from the official Aussie GP website http://cars.grandprix.com.au/default...isplay&id=1308

<edit: beaten to the post by seconds>
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1974784)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm, where did this come from?

Where is Valencia, as is rumoured for 2008?

Glad to see that, for once, there isn't a provisional alongside Silverstone.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1974788)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bahrain is the season opener, it was confirmed last week (unless I dreamt it, but the disappointment I felt was very real!).

jab, is there a link for this?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1974791)   #6
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel quite relieved now that everyone else is saying about Bahrain ..... I was getting a bt worried!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1974792)   #7
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.formula1.com
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:33 (Ref:1974795)   #8
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/7/6548.html

I stand corrected!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1974799)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that is weird!

Hmmm...well, this is good news then. A season opener at Bahrain is not the way to go at all (2006 was dreadful).

Hurrah!

France is back in too, as Bernie hinted at last week.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:39 (Ref:1974802)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well isn't that strange

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...270707-02.html

The FIAs official calendar being different to what the local organisers are saying.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1974803)   #11
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
Cool Sepang quali is on my birthday again next year! That would be a nice pressie!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1974809)   #12
HugeF1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
HugeF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Bahrain story was bandied around for a bit, possibly the Aussies saw a very early draft?
Great to see Aus starting the season off (It really shouldn't be anywhere else should it?) and also great to see the oldest GP being allowed on the calendar (France). Valencia looks incredible, and might just be the new Monaco?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1974817)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Montreal = provisional....i hope that just means in terms of having a fixed date
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1974821)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, that is a worry isn't it?

I'm sure it will work out though.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1974831)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
24th August - Europe

But, iirc, that won't be at the Nurburgring, so i presume thats the Valencia round.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1974835)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is yes.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1974840)   #17
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry I didn't stick a source in - I forgot to stick one on the end, and I didn't think it would matter too much because it's all over the major F1 news websites

I'll remember for next time
Old 27 Jul 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1974842)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No problem.

I looked on Autosport and missed the great big headline!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1974868)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, the FIA site says European in Valencia (no other way it could work it, really).

The Canada asterix is somewhat concerning, but it has had troubles in the past. Here is hoping it is not crucial (unless, that is, F1 decides to ignore all its needs and standards and runs at Calgary's track ).

I still wish they would organise a Pacific GP (just dump Hungary, or something).
Old 27 Jul 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1974880)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
grandprix.com are reporting that the provisional astrix for Montreal as, "pending a financial structure that can cope with having to pay the freight costs of F1, previously split with Indianapolis."
article here.

hopefully the manus and FOM are willing to cover to additional costs in order to keep some sort of N.American presence.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1974885)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
You'd hope so, but Bernie likes his money.

He'll do whatever he thinks is for his overall financial gain (anyone have any idea where on the scale Montreal's race fee lies?): let's just hope that equals keeping the Canadian GP.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:40 (Ref:1975662)   #22
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss Suzuka, and it's a bit worrying that Montreal is provisional. I think it's hilarious to run a street race in a town like Valencia that has a permanent racetrack that's up to F1 standards as well, like the Circuito Ricardo Tormo.
Expectations for Singapore are high, but I don't think I'd enjoy watching night races. That novelty is completely unnecessary. The keeping of Magny-Cours is unexpected, but OK with me. Still, kudos to George and Chitwood for fefusing to pay Bernie's outrageous rates, though Indianapolis will be missed. Hopefully, they'll return in 2009. Fuji, on the other hand, will still have to prove its worth when it's not raining.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1975923)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
1) 16 March - Australia - Albert Park
2) 23 March - Malaysia - Sepang
3) 6 April - Bahrain - Sakhir
4) 27 April - Spain - Barcelona
5) 11 May - Turkey - Istanbul
6) 25 May - Monaco - Monte Carlo
7) 8 June - Canada - Montreal (provisional)
8) 22 June - France - Magny-Cours
9) 6 July - Britain - Silverstone
10) 20 July - Germany - Hockenheim
11) 3 August - Hungary - Hungaroring
12) 24 August - Europe - Valencia
13) 7 September - Italy - Monza
14) 14 September - Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
15) 28 September - Singapore - Singapore
16) 12 October - China - Shanghai
17) 19 October - Japan - Fuji
18) 2 November - Brazil - Interlagos

So, we go into November now, despite no long gaps like this year. Turkey's a bit early, and Australia's still the opener. And as expected, no returns for Suzuka or Imola
Imola is now a dull, featureless track better left off the calendar. Suzuka was dropped due to logistical reasons - the paddock was far too small, plus Toyota no doubt threw some yen at a certain B. Ecclestone.

No great surprised, but I think it's stupid ending the year with Fuji then Interlagos...
Old 30 Jul 2007, 03:34 (Ref:1976074)   #24
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Singapore is likely to host the first night race in 2008 and also a counter clockwise race.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...291134/1/.html
Old 31 Jul 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1977235)   #25
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
anyone have any idea where on the scale Montreal's race fee lies?: let's just hope that equals keeping the Canadian GP.
Dunno Dutton. But if the organisers have to double the amount they raised the last time, it's gonna be a stretch and a big one at that.

I recall some (SpeedTV) interviews last race with several manufacturers, Honda and Mercedes to name just two, and the importance to them of the US market (first and second IIRC), so it's hard to imagine that they've walked away for good. But who the heck knows with Bernie? If he can find a way to screw things up....