Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 10 Dec 2003, 20:31 (Ref:808648)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP: Provisional entry list

Source:http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=82523

Provisional 2004 MotoGP entry list:

#3 Max Biaggi ITA (Honda) Camel Pramac Honda Pons
#4 Alex Barros BRA (Yamaha) Fortuna Yamaha Team
#6 Makoto Tamada JPN (Honda) Camel Pramac Honda Pons
#7 Carlos Checa SPA (Yamaha) Gauloises Yamaha Team
#9 Nobuatsu Aoki JPN (Proton KR) Proton Team KR
#10 Kenny Roberts USA (Suzuki) Suzuki Grand Prix Team
#11 Ruben Xaus SPA (Ducati) D'Antin MotoGP
#12 Troy Bayliss AUS (Ducati) Ducati Marlboro Team
#15 Sete Gibernau SPA (Honda) Telefonica Movistar Honda
#21 John Hopkins USA (Suzuki) Suzuki Grand Prix Team
#33 Marco Melandri ITA (Yamaha) Fortuna Yamaha Team
#45 Colin Edwards USA (Honda) Telefonica Movistar Honda
#46 Valentino Rossi ITA (Yamaha) Gauloises Yamaha Team
#56 Shinya Nakano JPN (Kawasaki) Kawasaki Racing Team
#65 Loris Capirossi ITA (Ducati) Ducati Marlboro Team
#66 Alex Hofmann GER (Kawasaki) Kawasaki Racing Team
#67 Shane Byrne GBR (Aprilia) Aprilia Racing
#69 Nicky Hayden USA (Honda) Repsol Honda
#80 Kurtis Roberts USA (Proton KR) Proton Team KR
#99 Jeremy McWilliams GBR (Aprilia) Aprilia Racing
#tba Neil Hodgson GBR (Ducati) tba D'Antin MotoGP
#tba tba (Honda) Repsol Honda
#tba tba (Harris WCM) WCM
#tba tba (Harris WCM) WCM

ENDS:/

A healthy entry list then, will be intresting to see how Hodgson and Byrne adapt to Moto GP next year, 3 Brits in the series is always a good thing. A shame Hodgson will be on year old machinery but hey hopefully he can do something with the bike and show what he can do!

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 10 Dec 2003 at 20:32.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 20:51 (Ref:808664)   #2
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HODGSON #100 of course
Old 10 Dec 2003, 21:29 (Ref:808696)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks to be a competitive grid. Still strange to see YAMAHA beside the name of Rossi.

Strange how Honda are still to announce their second rider as well. You would think they would want someone on their bike by now to start testing...
Old 11 Dec 2003, 23:29 (Ref:809690)   #4
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This is one of the strongest grids ever in a GP race. Add up the amount of World Championships there are on the grid. Lets hope that the season delivers as we all hope it does, It has the makings of a blockbuster.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 20:18 (Ref:810514)   #5
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like it'll be the best ever bike racing grid lineup since, what, WSB 2000?

Can't wait to see Edwards Vs Bayliss again next year! I rekon they'll both be title contenders.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 22:12 (Ref:810587)   #6
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
It looks like it'll be the best ever bike racing grid lineup since, what, WSB 2000?

Can't wait to see Edwards Vs Bayliss again next year! I rekon they'll both be title contenders.
I read that Biaggi thinks the title will be between Rossi, Gibernau, Capirossi and himself!!

Edwards is better than Gibernau on (hopefully) the same bike! And is he just writing off Bayliss' chances?!
Old 13 Dec 2003, 01:20 (Ref:810679)   #7
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I don't know what was the problem with Edwards Honda at recent test, and I'll wait till January tests to find out, if his bike will be fighting for title. I am sure Colin has the potential to beat everyone at the circuit, to fight with them. For me Texas Tornado is way better than Sete.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 05:53 (Ref:810762)   #8
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the problem with Edwards Honda at recent test was bad feeling of the front, i guess

Quote:
"I struggled for the two days just trying to find where the limit was. I had no clue," confessed Colin. "The front wasn't telling me anything. When I rode this thing at Barcelona, the Showa guys said we have your fork valving from Superbike ready, so you can test that in Valencia. As it turned out that particular setting is one that probably went through about 15 or 18 different settings in 2002, found that one, never changed all year.

"Same valving, unheard of. Never changed the valving and you know how good that bike was. As it turned out we didn't put it on until midday today. We changed forks, just totally forks. Just different all around. Different valving, different coding, different everything. Did 33's the whole time. It was good. I had no clue what was going on. Then as soon as I put those forks on I remember these. 'I missed you. Thanks honey for coming back.'" he joked.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 13:02 (Ref:810921)   #9
PTs Bro
Rookie

England
Northampton
PTs Bro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sete is an extremely good Moto GP rider.....Edwards is not!!!.......Sete will be better than Colin without a shadow of a doubt......The best american next year will be Nicky Hayden.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 20:29 (Ref:811165)   #10
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PTs Bro
Sete is an extremely good Moto GP rider.....Edwards is not!!!.......Sete will be better than Colin without a shadow of a doubt......The best american next year will be Nicky Hayden.
We shall see my friend!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 10:00 (Ref:813823)   #11
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still think it will be Rossi. By mid-season he will have the bike in a winning state, and then, watch out the others. It's going to be a cracker!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:11 (Ref:815580)   #12
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitbabe
Still think it will be Rossi. By mid-season he will have the bike in a winning state, and then, watch out the others. It's going to be a cracker!

It'll be asking a lot of Rossi and Yamaha to win the title in their first season together. Maybe the second or third season.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:12 (Ref:815582)   #13
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ATF
I read that Biaggi thinks the title will be between Rossi, Gibernau, Capirossi and himself!!

Edwards is better than Gibernau on (hopefully) the same bike! And is he just writing off Bayliss' chances?!

Biaggi doesn't know what World Superbikes is, let alone anyone from it!
Old 27 Dec 2003, 00:26 (Ref:821021)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks a very competitive field, just like last year, it was amazing to see such quality throughout the field where brilliant riders can end up quite a way down!
Old 27 Dec 2003, 12:01 (Ref:821203)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The most fascinating aspect will be how well Rossi adjusts to riding inferior hardware, and how quickly he can get them up to speed. Even if he's not in overall contention for the title, we've still got a hum-dinger in prospect on many levels:

It's hard to choose which of the 3 Honda teams has the better rider line-up, but, assuming that Repsol doesn't buy someone's contract out, theirs will probabyl be the weakest, whcih will be interesting from an internal political perspective.

Gibernau will face a real test with Colin alongside him, as he guy did so well with the Aprillia and looks overdue a top ride. Having Biaggi on the top-spec bike will give him a chance to put his money where his mouth is.

If Ducati can continue their improvement in the second eyar, they are undoubtedly a real threat. Interesting to see whether Loris can hold Troy off, adn whether Neil adn Ruben can adjust to MotoGP bikes.

How will Checa and Melandri cope with their reduced status at Yamaha? Who will win teh Battle of Britain at Aprillia? Are Suzuki and Kawasaki treading water? All, as they say, will be revealed, and not a moment too soon.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 13:30 (Ref:821239)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still find it unbelieveable that Repsol let the best rider go. They are synonymous with winning MotoGP races for the last ten years abd all of a sudden are gonna take a year out.
I've just had a thought, isn't it weird how all the big sponsors seem to be Spanish! Telefonica, Fortuna, Repsol YPF. Seems the only way you can compete is with big fag money like Marlboro and Camel.
Dorna are Spanish, what gives...
Old 28 Dec 2003, 09:00 (Ref:821713)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think nicky hayden will win races in 2004

i hope ukawa dont get the 2nd repsol ride - there must be a good rider out there who is worth the risk/ride any ideas.....
Old 28 Dec 2003, 10:45 (Ref:821753)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't think of anyone that hasn't already been mentioned. Not unless someone from the 250s is given the call-up...
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:10 (Ref:821785)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still think something might happen with Fonsi or perhaps even Elias, can't see the point in eitehr of them staying in 250's, they have both proved they can win on a 250 just like Vale did, OK thyey haven't won titles but they have been consistenly up there.
Personally I would prefer Elias as he seems to be a real charger and a little errr "mad".
Other than that I can't think of anyone else unless tey swap people round. Is really strange that that seat is still vacant. Makes you wonder if HRC have a surprise up their sleeve. Also weird that that they have remained quiet about it for the same time that Vale isn't allowed to ride the Yamaha. Sceptics might suggest if the bike is a dog he will go back to Honda. Sceptics might!!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 21:56 (Ref:821998)   #20
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
i hope ukawa dont get the 2nd repsol ride - there must be a good rider out there who is worth the risk/ride any ideas.....

Barros (2 wins out of 4 on the RCV in 2002), Haga (probably not, although he's better than Ukawa and also Japanese) or someone from 250s (sorry, I don't know many names - I don't get much coverage of 250s or 125s )
Old 28 Dec 2003, 22:00 (Ref:821999)   #21
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
One of the best picks would be Eric Bostrom, free of Kawasaki contract, but he signed with Ducati in USSuperbike, and that is a great shame. Hayden and Bostrom in one team, but only in my dreams ;(
Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:56 (Ref:822396)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what about us honda rider miguel duhamel - no, i like the toni elias idea ..... he is signed to fortuna i think and if he went to repsol, spanish high court tension - there must be a honda rider out there
Old 29 Dec 2003, 09:26 (Ref:822424)   #23
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Yamaha build the bike everyone thinks they will, then this will be the most competitive season ever (or at least for a long time). Of course if they build something as good as a Honda then Rossi will just blow them away.

So expect Hayden, Capirossi, Rossi, Bayliss, Checa, Biaggi, etc etc etc to all finish top 3 if not get a win each.

Great, isn't it
Old 29 Dec 2003, 09:39 (Ref:822434)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
bring it on - rossi wont fail.... it was only 2 years ago that max was winning on a yamaha - rossi to win atleast 4 gp's in 04
Old 29 Dec 2003, 11:27 (Ref:822495)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Remember that Max was only winning on a Yamaha when Vale made mistakes. He won in Malaysia coz Vale kept screwing up the bends, in a fair fight he would have beaten him easily and at Brno he lost coz Rossi's tyre blew when he was about to pull out and pass.
I really don't think Yamaha haveyet got the bike that Vale wants, and the fact tahyt HRC won't let him ride the thing til 2004 is very significant coz if they had let him ridfe he would have ridden the thing a month ago at Valencia and right now the Yamaha team would have been making the changes. Simply put, HRC are forcing Yamaha to start the season several steps behind where they would really like to be, but most importantly with the best rider to exploit the improvements as they come!