Bmmc Agm

When is the BMMC AGM?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 16:06 (Ref:1163987)   #2
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the 12th December 2004 @ 14:00 and it is being held at The Redgate Lodge, Donington
Old 26 Nov 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1165119)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know of any candidates standing for position of Chairman?
I think it's at the AGM when Pete Roberts officially stands down.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1165167)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes. Chris Hobson is a (the only) nominated candidate, so confirmation at the AGM will follow.

Really good news that we have found a strong individual to carry on from Peter.

Regards

Jim Whitaker
Old 26 Nov 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1165207)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is he the guy that used to be the National PRO?
Old 27 Nov 2004, 23:17 (Ref:1165894)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, a good guy, even if he appears in an anorak in a flag training video. A very good choice.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1167014)   #7
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure Chris won't mind me saying that at times he can appear to be "abrasive". However, he does care and will certainly push the club forwards.

Chris wants to know what you want from the club, so have a think and take along some questions for him at the AGM (taking it that no-body else applies for the job).
Old 30 Nov 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1168429)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
see you there boys and girls
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1169377)   #9
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since my name has been mentioned - yes I am standing for Chairman and I hope that I can take the club forwards. I have been a member for over 35 years (makes me feel old) and have officiated at virtually all forms of motorsport at all levels and I intend to use that experience to promote the club, to place it where it belongs - at the centre of all Marshalling matters.

Your opinions - those of all marshals - matter enormously to me, so please, let me have your comments either in person, by phone (01844 290631), or by e-mail at hobson.c@btinternet.com.

I am normally stewarding meetings these days and always try to walk the circuit to talk to the marshals on post - so if you have anything to say, please let me know.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Regards

Chris Hobson

(And Yes Fay - I can be abrasive when I fell it moves things forwards! - it's the Yorkshirement in me)
Old 1 Dec 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1169406)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Chris and a very warm welcome to Ten-Tenths. I look forward to seeing you in just over a weeks time.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1169453)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hobson
.... it's the Yorkshirement in me)

Well, from one Yorkshireman to another......Good luck at the AGM Chris - Think I'm working that day or else I'll be there - and best wishes for your new role "Elect"!

Also, a word of thanks for our outgoing Boss, Peter Roberts who has served us well over the last few years.

MM
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1170165)   #12
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fay
[B]I am sure Chris won't mind me saying that at times he can appear to be "abrasive". However, he does care and will certainly push the club forwards.

I am absolutly certain thay "abrasive" will be most advantageous
Old 7 Dec 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1173422)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
*bump*

So lets all join Chris in helping to restore the BMMC to its rightful place as THE club for marshals!
Old 12 Dec 2004, 22:53 (Ref:1177887)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The BMMC AGM was today and Chris Hobson has duly been elected as our new Chairman, so please join me in welcoming Chris to his new role.

In a moment of complete madness I volunteered to take over from Mike Petch as National P.R.O for the club, and in the absence of anyone else mad enough to take on the job I have been duly elected!

I would welcome any ideas on matters you would like to see me air in my monthly column in Motorsport News or, for people we can contact to further the cause of the BMMC.

Chris has made it very clear that his aim is to see the BMMC become the first port of call for anyone who has questions regarding marshals or marshalling matters, and to make the BMMC the 'premier' club for marshals and I will work hard to help Chris achieve this goal.

I would also like you to join the committee in welcoming Mr Barrie 'Wizzo' Williams as the new President of the BMMC.

My sincere thanks go to outgoing President Stuart Turner for his services to the club and for all the help and advice he has given me over the past year or so. Thanks too to Peter Roberts for steering the ship so ably over the past few years.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1177905)   #15
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Couldn't make it in the end!

I'd like to congratulate Stephen on this new role as I'm certain he is the perfect candidate for the job (The last two predecessors have been a waste of time).

Good team at the top now with CH at the wheel, Chris Stoddart and George beside him, not forgetting Sue sorting us all out!
Old 12 Dec 2004, 23:21 (Ref:1177909)   #16
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This looks like the best sharp end the BMMC has had for years.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 23:26 (Ref:1177913)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Mark

It's been a long day with far too much driving. I'm off to bed now....*yawn*

See y'all soon........
Old 15 Dec 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1179881)   #18
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mark and rbs - we will try to justify your faith in us!