Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3550851)   #351
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
On the other hand for people like me who exclusively follows the race through internet and streaming with live timing available all the time, that standings update is just a time to mute RLM and listen to the commentary on the tv feed instead. Also felt like not even a meteorite strike would have interrupted the Audi Update.
Yes, but they need to strike a balance between listeners that follow online and listeners at the track. With the load on mobile networks and the relatively poor 3G coverage at various places on the track, there is very little chance of getting reliable online live timing at the track. So these updates are crucial for us down at the track to keep up with everything properly.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3550859)   #352
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great job as usual, I felt Shea Adam is really starting to come into her own, especially in studio, she was excellent during the Aston race. I always imagine how it wouldn't be the same without RLM, but I would say it wouldn't be the same without Trussers, he's the no nonsense, analytical side to the other's entertainment.

My one almost complaint is my new campaign to get more Sam, he seemed to do less this year and is my favourite part of RLM's team, his chemistry with Jim Roller is always great. And before anyone says it, yes, I know he probably has a lot to so for RE, I'm just being selfish.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3550883)   #353
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where was Hindy this year? He seemed to be missing on RLM for longer periods, and wasn't even on the air at the end of the race.
I'm guessing he was off doing media commitments for others?
Still excellent this year. Where would we be without them!
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3550886)   #354
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
My one almost complaint is my new campaign to get more Sam, he seemed to do less this year and is my favourite part of RLM's team, his chemistry with Jim Roller is always great. And before anyone says it, yes, I know he probably has a lot to so for RE, I'm just being selfish.
Life in general needs more Sam to be honest. Sam & Jim at sunset is fast becoming an institution for the RLM race day broadcast.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3550924)   #355
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do like how RLM is now a mixture of voices rather than just Hindy (although he still is the definitive 'Voice of Le Mans').

The worst part of the coverage is how it ends just as we get to the car for the drive home. Had to sit in the traffic in silence
Old 16 Jun 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3551256)   #356
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just before the start, I was wondering if maybe I was listening to the wrong stream. Usually Paul does a run down of the starting grid, and John takes a moment to remember the ones we've lost over the past year, Eve thanks sponsors, etc. I'm not complaining, just saying it seemed different from what I remember about past years. The interview the the Ford guy (Raj?) before the start was great, just seemed out of place.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3551260)   #357
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't listen to much build up, but I came in half way through the 'lost of the past year' part. I may have missed the other two regular spots.

I listen to loads mid race, but not much round the start and finish.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3551292)   #358
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I didn't listen to much build up, but I came in half way through the 'lost of the past year' part.

I must have just missed all that then.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3551360)   #359
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RLM did a great job. But I must say Paul Truswell did an absolutely fantastic job with his seven monitors and constant overview of everything that happens and sharp calculations and analysis of the situation. This was especially helpful until the #9 and #7 started to get problems and the pit strategies was what, was going to decide who would win.
Old 16 Jun 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3551367)   #360
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Just before the start, I was wondering if maybe I was listening to the wrong stream. Usually Paul does a run down of the starting grid, and John takes a moment to remember the ones we've lost over the past year, Eve thanks sponsors, etc. I'm not complaining, just saying it seemed different from what I remember about past years. The interview the the Ford guy (Raj?) before the start was great, just seemed out of place.
Paul did the full grid rundown followed by John with the Roll of Honour - I was honoured to be allowed to give the tribute to David Stephens, who'll be known to many here, who we lost on the first day of Scrutineering
Old 17 Jun 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3551417)   #361
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Paul did the full grid rundown followed by John with the Roll of Honour - I was honoured to be allowed to give the tribute to David Stephens, who'll be known to many here, who we lost on the first day of Scrutineering

Yes, I just tuned in late (it was 5:30 am for me by the time I tuned in!). Thank you Graham and all at RLM. Wouldn't be Le Mans without it! The contribution is appreciated immensely.
Old 17 Jun 2015, 14:49 (Ref:3551567)   #362
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Midweek Motorsport ‏@specutainment

Programme Alert: 8pm UK / 3EDT a special Le Mans review
https://twitter.com/specutainment/st...80178602127361
Old 22 Jun 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3552999)   #363
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was a bit disappointed with the review show.

I was hoping to hear a recap of how the race was won and lost but instead there was the interview with the Ford chap (actually pretty interesting as I'd missed it 'live') and then a long infomercial for Mobil1 that had no relevance to the actual race (or future races) and seemed to have the mixed message about Mobil1 being able to make bespoke oils but actually the teams just use off-the-shelf 0W40 like the rest of us (a cool fact but did it really need the long segment to tell us that?).

It was good to hear the pre-race grid interviews again with the benefit of hindsight but the rest of the race highlights were practically non-existent.

I'm sure the next episode of MWM will have a proper review/discussion so all is not lost but for someone digging out that podcast hoping to re-live the race or find out what happened on track they'd be left scratching their head.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 10:30 (Ref:3553827)   #364
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

I was hoping to hear a recap of how the race was won and lost but instead there was the interview with the Ford chap (actually pretty interesting as I'd missed it 'live') and then a long infomercial for Mobil1 that had no relevance to the actual race (or future races) and seemed to have the mixed message about Mobil1 being able to make bespoke oils but actually the teams just use off-the-shelf 0W40 like the rest of us (a cool fact but did it really need the long segment to tell us that?).

It was good to hear the pre-race grid interviews again with the benefit of hindsight but the rest of the race highlights were practically non-existent.

I'm sure the next episode of MWM will have a proper review/discussion so all is not lost but for someone digging out that podcast hoping to re-live the race or find out what happened on track they'd be left scratching their head.
I suppose it was a review of some of their Le Mans coverage and features rather than a review of the race itself.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 11:59 (Ref:3553844)   #365
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Don't forget that this is usually RLM's downtime, and this year they have to get ready for the 6 Hours of the Glen as well. Perhaps there was an expectation that this review would be new content, but in hindsight that seems a bit too much. I can understand how the use of the word "review" might cause confusion (I made the same mistake).

Feehan's TLO from Le Mans is well worth a listen though.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 11:45 (Ref:3554050)   #366
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post

I enjoyed listening to that show - but it shouldn't have been branded a review as it was nothing of the sort.
Old 26 Jun 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3554057)   #367
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess it's faster to type 'lm_review' than 'content_recap_and_sponsor_messages'
Old 4 Oct 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3579433)   #368
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone else listened to the podcasts for this year's race? I always download them and then listen to them in the car on the way to and from work over the next few weeks (and months). I get through about an hour and a half each day, depending on the traffic! I've now listened to the full 24 hours twice and I'm about 5 hours into the third run through. Before I listened to the race for the first time, I listened to the whole of free practice and the three qualifying sessions as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed it (as I always do) and it's interesting to see what the different commentators bring to the broadcasts. I was particularly impressed this year with Johnny Mowlem's contribution. Always upbeat with good insight.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3579442)   #369
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Due to time constraints, I've only listened back to the first 10-15 minutes of Wednesday evening qualifying. Just to remember that moment when #18 and #17 monstered the track and obliterated all records. Both the PA and Hindy literally exploded at that moment within 2 seconds of each other.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3579520)   #370
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember standing at Arnage as Tony, James and I all looked at each other in total disbelief.......
Old 4 Oct 2015, 18:45 (Ref:3579535)   #371
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I was up at Dunlop and watched the 17 and 18 fly by about 15 seconds after their times were (not so much called out as) shouted out on the airwaves.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3579928)   #372
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had just made it to the Ford Chicane and managed to find two seats for myself and my good lady, when Neel Jani went past on his pole lap ............
Even my wife shouted 'Jesus, that looked bloody quick' just as the time came over the PA in French - even my limited understanding of the language enabled me to work it out!

One of the many highlights of our first Le Mans!
Old 8 Oct 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3580510)   #373
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
I had just made it to the Ford Chicane and managed to find two seats for myself and my good lady, when Neel Jani went past on his pole lap ............
Even my wife shouted 'Jesus, that looked bloody quick' just as the time came over the PA in French - even my limited understanding of the language enabled me to work it out!

One of the many highlights of our first Le Mans!
Ford Chicane is very good for seeing who is on a hot lap across the classes. Maybe the best place actually.
Old 3 Jan 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3601830)   #374
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RLM site outlook, podcast categorization and social median linkup have just been greatly modernized, and IMO the result looks MUCH better than it used to
http://radiolemans.com/

Good job guys

However as of now you will be getting plenty of 404 errors with dead links, so it'll probably take some time for it to function properly...
Old 3 Jan 2016, 17:31 (Ref:3601838)   #375
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good move by them, it's needed it for a long time. It was nothing a bit of Wordpress couldn't sort too. Looked on my phone and it is a lot better. Not tried a lot of the links yet.

Now if they just get the relative volume of the jingles and titles job done.

Good move, a new look for 2016 - brilliant.