Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Nov 2007, 22:45 (Ref:2071259)   #51
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03

I thought 'The Gaffer' received a particularly sympathetic portrayal (is he really that calm all the time? ),

And the highlight? For me, it was the opportunity to relive that Radio Le Mans moment towards the end of the film (damn, if I didn't get all emotional again!).
On 'The Gaffer' - Yes, he's always cheery and chipper and reserves a particularly broad smile whenever the press pack come and ask him about problems - Or something!!!

On 'that moment' - It's my favourite too for a couple of reasons - It's a typically Le Mans moment and, about 30 seconds before Graham Tyler asked for the crowd's response to rollcentre's efforts I was discussing with Hindy in the commentary box how great it used to be towards the end of the race when the RLM boys and girls used to encourage a crowd response from the massed ranks - The opportunity presented itself - One rapid request via GT's headphones later - We say it here - it comes out there - fabulous!!!
Old 19 Nov 2007, 22:53 (Ref:2071265)   #52
Rollcentre
Rookie

Rollcentre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Admit it Graham....I usually only see you when a disaster has just befallen us.....and just because I gave you both barrels, you persecute me for ever! ; )

Bloody scumbag pariah parastic journos mumble grumble etc etc......

And thank you if you did play some part in that bit with GT. THE BEST BIT THOUGH is when he says as he walks off....'Se Martin, people really do care' or similar. That got me.

Anyway, see you soon G. be good! DSC Rules.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 23:05 (Ref:2071272)   #53
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like there's a double bill on the xmas list...
Old 19 Nov 2007, 23:17 (Ref:2071279)   #54
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollcentre
Admit it Graham....I usually only see you when a disaster has just befallen us.....and just because I gave you both barrels, you persecute me for ever! ; )

Bloody scumbag pariah parastic journos mumble grumble etc etc......

And thank you if you did play some part in that bit with GT. THE BEST BIT THOUGH is when he says as he walks off....'Se Martin, people really do care' or similar. That got me.

Anyway, see you soon G. be good! DSC Rules.
Nah - it just seems that way!!! - You're right about Graham T's bit though - It is I think the moment of film that for me captures everything I love about that race - a HUGE event which HUGE numbers of people all feel very personally part of.

And - of course - There are always favourites and there are always stories and Rollcentre have given us more than most at Le Mans in recent years - That's why the crowd, and DSC, and RLM, and everyone else that gives a stuff about the sport, stood and cheered at that moment. John's film captured it brilliantly I reckon.
Old 20 Nov 2007, 08:57 (Ref:2071509)   #55
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollcentre
THE BEST BIT THOUGH is when he says as he walks off....'See Martin, people really do care' or similar. That got me.
Martin, don't sound so surprised............OF COURSE WE BLOODY CARE!!!!!!!!

The very best of luck for 2008!

PS If you need any help with that magnum of champagne on the side in your kitchen.........
Old 21 Nov 2007, 15:30 (Ref:2072549)   #56
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd time lucky

besides the RLM-moment at the end, my fave piece, with the benefit admittedly of the inner-sanctum ticket, is Martin's comment to, I presume John, in the extras re ball scratching, film producers and real drivers. This encapsulates the genuinely special environment within the Rollcentre team.

Now as to the film, yes super-Stuey dies his hair, has a collection of man-bags and drives like my Granny on Corona-pop...actually on reflection I haven't got any more granny's left, but you couldn't ask to meet a nicer young bloke who, depiste batting for the opposition, seems to be liked by the laydeeeeez too.

As to the film mularky - I've offered to help John 'develop' a decent film story rather than these cowpats he keeps winning awards with.

PS : Stuart is completely straight (allegedly...), very fast and as importantly, brings his mum to the races which keeps Eric happy. Here's to the '08 story; I'm sure there'll be something good from the Rollcentre camp !
Old 3 Dec 2007, 05:12 (Ref:2080281)   #57
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, quite enjoyable. The only off thing I have to say about it is that the format is not read by my DVD player so I had to watch it on a 23" wide screen monitor (computer).

L.P.
Old 9 Dec 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2084847)   #58
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Very cool documentaries, both of them. I only wish there'd be subtitles to the pit radio communication. English isn't everybodies language, and with the background noise it's really hard to understand.