Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Dec 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4188266)   #1
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
MotoGP 2024

2024 Calendar:
10 March: Qatar GP
24 March: Portugal GP
7 April: Argentina GP
14 April: Americas GP
28 April: Spanish GP
12 May: French GP
26 May: Catalan GP
2 June: Italian GP
16 June: Kazakhstan GP
30 June: Dutch GP
7 July: German GP
4 August: British GP
18 August : Austrian GP
1 September: Aragon GP
8 September: San Marino GP
22 September: India GP
29 September: Indonesia GP
6 October: Japanese GP
22 October: Australian GP
27 October: Thailand GP
3 November: Malaysian GP
17 November: Valencia GP

What a calendar!
Old 4 Dec 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4188267)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
M Marquez already stunning riding the Gresini Ducati in spite of Andrea Iannone comments (its gonna be a disaster). The same MM talking about a possible come-back to Honda in the future.
Old 4 Dec 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4188294)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By all accounts Honda's 2024 bike has been drastically improved, the bike is physically longer making it turn better emulating Ducati and KTM and it's lighter with an improved engine.
Old 5 Dec 2023, 11:08 (Ref:4188329)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agreed. It is said that the new engine sounds quite different too. Just hope the Japanese teams will fill the gap. Satellite teams or not, don't you think it would be a pitty to see MotoGP turning out into a one make series?
Old 5 Dec 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4188334)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely agree, however KTM and Aprilia have shown good pace this year. It would be really good to see Honda back up there as well, nobody wants a one make series.
Old 9 Dec 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4188751)   #6
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully, we will see less dominance by Ducati in 2024.
Old 28 Dec 2023, 17:51 (Ref:4190083)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pit Beirer/ KTM not really happy with Dorna decisions. "Only" four bikes and five riders, not an easy task. Paul Espargarò remains test rider and more, he could enter at least one MotoGP per month.

Santa Claus/KTM had a present for him: a brand new black X-Bow GT-XR (worth c 350K€) limited edition #44. Not bad!
Old 28 Dec 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4190095)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Is Dani Pedrosa still on the payroll? Imagine hime returning for the odd race on a KTM, now that would be something although Pol Espargaro is a strong back up as well.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 09:59 (Ref:4190141)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I shall pop up to the Almeria test circuit in the new year to have a look and see if I can spy anything MotoGP related. I have a friend that works and teaches there so he should know what's happening. I know that there is nothing listed on the official test program for them at this circuit but I have seen various teams from Moto2 and MotoGP there in the past that just seem to turn up !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 29 Dec 2023 at 10:05.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Dec 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4190153)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
@ JR. Is this of any help for you? https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...-so-far/433075 Could not find Dany on waht seems, at least for me, a provisional list. From this, he's announced as KTM test and development rider: https://www.moto-net.com/live/ktm-ga...i-en-2024.html
Old 31 Dec 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4190393)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well spotted Gerard, I was correct in my assumption that Dani is still on the payroll which gives us the tantalizing prospect of KTM using him in more than a test role, however unlikely. For my money I honestly believe that MM is going to be unstoppable on a Ducati.
Old 2 Jan 2024, 07:49 (Ref:4190572)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
As to MM I'll tend to agree with you. In what seems to be a race in the race, kinda one make series, Marc Márquez' style and agressivity could well be an advantage. Not mentioning he probably wants to take his revenge.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 00:42 (Ref:4190643)   #13
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Jorge on the Factory bike for 2025, he said he leaves for other opportunities supposedly, as per the various socials. Understandable TBH.

But if you cant be on the best bike, the second best cant be that bad. What other brand would be better 2025 KTM, Aprilia?
Old 4 Jan 2024, 18:04 (Ref:4190787)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Carlo Pernat to retire at the end of this '24 season. He just hopes that he will bag another title before retiring, can Enea Bastianini help him?
Old 20 Jan 2024, 09:17 (Ref:4192553)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I did go up to the Almeria test circuit yesterday and I have reported it on a new WSB thread that I have started.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158559
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Jan 2024, 20:47 (Ref:4192601)   #16
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should be less gap between the end of a season and the start of the next season. I think a two months gap would be enough.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 22:08 (Ref:4192607)   #17
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Gresini livery absolutely no Red Bull on it anywhere, presumably KTM have said bugger off we want it all
Old 21 Jan 2024, 14:43 (Ref:4192700)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Looks like last year's: https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...cati/10567735/
Slightly less Repsol on Hondas: https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...very/10566638/
Yamaha always sky blue… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX8vc4Vm6l0
Old 28 Jan 2024, 17:01 (Ref:4193913)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bad news: Argentina GP in question, Kazakhstan GP could be as well cancelled.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 11:51 (Ref:4194552)   #20
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
So from an Aussie (and Jack Miller Supporter) amongst others, where do we see him at the end of 2024 assuming he has a similar season as 2023. Satellite KTM Team or inevitably not with the factory team with Jorge and Marc available for Factory Rides.

Im guessing based on these big names chasing Factory Rides early in 2024, Jacks time with this squad might be over. Suggestion is contracts need to be made very early in the season so I think Jacks time with the Factory might be over sadly but understandably.
Old 2 Feb 2024, 07:48 (Ref:4194712)   #21
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
So from an Aussie (and Jack Miller Supporter) amongst others, where do we see him at the end of 2024 assuming he has a similar season as 2023. Satellite KTM Team or inevitably not with the factory team with Jorge and Marc available for Factory Rides.

Im guessing based on these big names chasing Factory Rides early in 2024, Jacks time with this squad might be over. Suggestion is contracts need to be made very early in the season so I think Jacks time with the Factory might be over sadly but understandably.
I'm guessing it will very much depend on Pedro Acosta's transition to the top step, as it is KTM have a too many riders and not enough bikes despite challenging the FOM for more entries.
Old 2 Feb 2024, 10:33 (Ref:4194729)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Dorna have given both Honda and Yamaha a leg up this year with engine and testing restrictions being relaxed for the struggling Japanese teams, presumably in an effort to stop them walking altogether, which has more than irritated Ducati and the other European manufacturers. It's an interesting ploy which they also introduced some few years back in favour of Ducati after Casey Stoner's departure left them floundering.
Old 3 Feb 2024, 12:49 (Ref:4194948)   #23
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm guessing it will very much depend on Pedro Acosta's transition to the top step, as it is KTM have a too many riders and not enough bikes despite challenging the FOM for more entries.
Opps forgot about him.
Hope he doesnt follow the same fate of some recent up and commers.
But yes you are correct.
Old 3 Feb 2024, 12:50 (Ref:4194949)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Interesting Front Wing Assembly on the KTM today
Old 3 Feb 2024, 18:37 (Ref:4194982)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Right out from RB in GB! https://www.paddock-gp.com/motogp-kt...ce-pit-beirer/ Makes me think that Ducati found some help from Ferrari a long while ago.

As to more riders on the track, seems that KTM already got six wild cards.