Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Nov 2003, 16:31 (Ref:781167)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lola Judd B2K/10b

hopefully im going to go a see the Taurus Sports car based in Watton (Norfolk) soon, but their website http://www.taurussports.co.uk/racing.html has no history about the team or the car, i would really appreciate it if anyone can supply any data on the car, especially reagrding the rear wing which i am going to look at!
Thank you!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 17:46 (Ref:781231)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think its great to see teams like Taurus Motorsports . Their only worry seems to be the wedge to do a better job . But look at this , they shipped all thier stuff over to Sebring to compete in the 12 hours , no mean feat . I wish the bigger teams might think about doing the same e.g. Mercedes Benz with their flying carpets , Toyota with their TSO-20 and Bentley in previous years . The manufacturers dont seem to realise that they need the followers to support them as well as to buy their product and not just a once off every year to go glory grabbing .

Well done Taurus Motorsports for donig a good job . Shame that you only got a reserve place at this years LeMans . But then again , I seem to remember a few years ago , Ascari went to great troubles to enter Sebring (6th place) and entered two cars at LeMans . They got one entry and were highly ****ed off with that . Maybe LeMans should be a little more fair to the privateer instead of trying to get all the big fish . Didnt Lister get shafted a few years back with the GTL ??

Anyway , more power to you Taurus ..........
Old 12 Nov 2003, 18:10 (Ref:781259)   #3
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
If they will give you info on their budgets, even if just ballpark numbers, we would love to know. Also, I would love to know details of their shipment to Sebring and how much a jaunt like that costs.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 18:13 (Ref:781265)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Check out mulsanne mike's site for info on the car...

On the team...send them an e-mail and suggest that they send you something or better yet, post something on their site about themselves

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 06:14 (Ref:781681)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I love this car, I like the team, Pascal !
Old 13 Nov 2003, 17:06 (Ref:782212)   #6
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car is the ex-Rafanelli car that qualified on pole at Silverstone in 2000. Taurus has done a fantastic job with the car given their resources. It's been on the pace where ever it's been. Amazing.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 19:36 (Ref:782351)   #7
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To me, it's a oil lamp with a big handle. But the Judd is a good choice from Taurus Sports.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 21:07 (Ref:782434)   #8
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tractor lovers unite!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 21:21 (Ref:782454)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dauntless
Tractor lovers unite!
Its a lot nicer car than that hangin pilbeam and Deborah , and normally it gets farther too !!!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 05:45 (Ref:782839)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I love this debate ! Ayse, what do you think of this one ?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 07:15 (Ref:782869)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

I hear that the SanFransisco bay area is good for tractor sales !!!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 07:39 (Ref:782884)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Come on Badger, it's a wonderful tractor, huh, car !
Old 14 Nov 2003, 08:45 (Ref:782929)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

I remember seeing the B2K-10 for the first time and thinking that it was a bit on the radical side . Some people even likened it to a Morris Minor . I like it !!! Its got a great shape even with that hideously big roll bar . The nose is great , that center headlamp is so cool . My favourite was the Olive Garden car in that lovely bright Italian flag color scheme .

If I remember correctly - Douglas Dauntless was an American bomber from the world war II era and that handled like a tractor too !!!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 16:03 (Ref:783368)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NOTE TO ALL:

I believe that a forum member who goes by "Batcave" is or was associated with the Taurus Lola program....

You may want to pop him an e-mail, or send a "contact" e-mail to the team from their site....

I remember some others from the Taurus team that also jumped into a couple of threads back in the spring, but can't remember their names...

They seemed to be pretty open and straight-forward guys who were willing to talk about their operation...

They'd probably give you the answers you seek...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 07:53 (Ref:784053)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
My favourite was the Olive Garden car in that lovely bright Italian flag color scheme
Badger, I love ya, it's my favourite too, but nobody seemed to appreciate it !
Old 15 Nov 2003, 21:27 (Ref:784547)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thnaks, i'll ring Ian Dawon on Monday, he said if i ring he'll try to accomodate me!
Old 16 Nov 2003, 08:08 (Ref:784831)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Smokey, they the we cheer the team, and hope to see them at LM and enter LMES as well !
Old 17 Nov 2003, 11:52 (Ref:785720)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The nose is great ,
The nose is big.

Quote:
that center headlamp is so cool .
Looks like a locomotive in the dark. Woo-wooo chuff chuff chuff...

Quote:
If I remember correctly - Douglas Dauntless was an American bomber from the world war II era and that handled like a tractor too !!!
Well it was a dive bomber.

Last edited by cybersdorf; 17 Nov 2003 at 11:54.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 12:47 (Ref:785793)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
The nose is big.
Mine too !
Old 18 Nov 2003, 13:32 (Ref:787105)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

What would you people know about Locomotive's anyway Cyber's ..... There not runnin very well these days . I expect you wouldnt mind a reliable Lola B2k/10B at the minute !!!
Old 18 Nov 2003, 13:40 (Ref:787115)   #21
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What would you people know about Locomotive's anyway Cyber's ..... There not runnin very well these days . I expect you wouldnt mind a reliable Lola B2k/10B at the minute !!!
Look who's talking - I recall you are employed by - ahem - a certain airline conglomerate...
Old 18 Nov 2003, 15:16 (Ref:787200)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah and , we didnt go on strike , did we ? And we got center mounted landing lights too . Bet you still wouldnt mind a nice reliable B2K-10B !!!
Old 18 Nov 2003, 15:26 (Ref:787205)   #23
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Yeah and , we didnt go on strike , did we ?
Oh yes you did - for thirty minutes! I call that a lunch break!

Quote:
And we got center mounted landing lights too . Bet you still wouldnt mind a nice reliable B2K-10B !!!
Taurus wouldn't mind a nice, reliable B2K/10B either
Old 18 Nov 2003, 15:27 (Ref:787206)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Look who's talking - I recall you are employed by - ahem - a certain airline conglomerate...
I suppose coming from the waldviertel or hütteldorf area's you have a pretty good choice of train's to pick from !!!!
Old 18 Nov 2003, 21:00 (Ref:787586)   #25
martins
Rookie

martins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just imagine: in the mid of June the French track marshals go on strike...