Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Jul 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1347348)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
You've spotted it and thought "That's a good idea"!

At the Shelsley VSCC meeting at the weekend there was a really neat solution to the problem of lack of a rev limiter on an old MG.

The rev counter had the usual increments of x1000 rpm, the red line was 5000 rpm, but the 6000rpm increment had been replaced with £600, which was aparently the cost of rebuilding if you over revved the engine. Now that's ingenious!

Any similar neat solutions or entertaining features you've spotted on cars also welcome.....
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:26 (Ref:1347448)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there's the stuffed toy in the back of one of the legends, but i forget which number...!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1347483)   #3
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some reason lots of the TRs/Spitfires have stuffed toys in them...

I'm not sure it's a good idea, but I'll be fitting one anyway just incase

Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1347637)   #4
Steve and Gruff
Rookie

England
North Cheshire
Steve and Gruff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
Well there's the stuffed toy in the back of one of the legends, but i forget which number...!

Hi Steve, Yes I remember that, I think it was either a Pink Elephant or Pig and was the car No. 68 or 69, maroon colour??? It looked good either way and went rather quickly if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to seeing the Legends again at Anglesey.

Steve
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1347681)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Graham Wight jr had a neat cigarettes-and-lighter hoder in the cockpit of the Gould. I've seen similar in various rally cars, but never before in a single-seater.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1347825)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
You mean this one?

http://www.marshalspost.com/images/tmp/bigahAdBd.jpg

(The pig......Alien Marshal was just visiting!)
Old 5 Jul 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1347894)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Gruff
Hi Steve, Yes I remember that, I think it was either a Pink Elephant or Pig
It's a pink pig and the driver is called Gerrard Something-or-another and races in the scottish legends!

IIRC - EP has a photo of it!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1347929)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a can of beer taped behing the dash board - in event of retirement.

Or racing with a few quid in your pocket so when you break down you can get a pint
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1347941)   #9
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was sitting in the pitlane @ Thruxton just about to go out on a F3 Test day in the early 80's, when my dad put a Sainsburys Carrier Bag between my legs, when I asked him why, he said "To put the bits in when you bend it"
Good old Dad, & no before you ask I didn't.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1347942)   #10
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have Ideas, but there MINE!!!
Lee
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1347954)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
IIRC - EP has a photo of it!
Which I posted a link to!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1347960)   #12
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I was at Shelsley a few year's ago and spotted a 6R4 with a toilet roll holder complete with toilet roll. Above it a sign read " IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, PULL. "
Old 5 Jul 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1347962)   #13
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
Which I posted a link to!
Sorry dave didn't see that - I didn't refresh prior to posting!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1347991)   #14
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the one - i especially like it as the ears flap as he speeds past your post...!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1348007)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
I was at Shelsley a few year's ago and spotted a 6R4 with a toilet roll holder complete with toilet roll. Above it a sign read " IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, PULL. "
If it's the obvious 6R4, I guess he'll have had to refill it by now...
Old 5 Jul 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1348035)   #16
BrendanM
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester
BrendanM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did see some clocks on a custom bike with the tach labled "into the Red" and £ signs appearing at the usual intervals. Speedo was labled "Lies per Hour" too....and the thing had a nitro kit

Luckily for me was a statis display....
Old 5 Jul 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1348273)   #17
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
If it's the obvious 6R4, I guess he'll have had to refill it by now...
Strangely enough Wooley no it wasn't.
Can't remember the driver but i thought it was sage advice.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 02:15 (Ref:1348397)   #18
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A FF driver here in the US painted his car nose with a blue flag, complete with yellow diagonal stripe (yeah, I know the stripe is US only). He won a lot of races and gave credit to the fact that slower drivers would look in their mirrors and see a passing flag coming at them.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1350170)   #19
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I know the one you mean Mr Woolley.