Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 7 May 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1908150)   #1
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
An outsider looking in at your tracks...

Howdy all... i have to say i am a long time viewer of this section of 10tenths but never a poster.

I have for many years wondered about the possibilities of building my own track and i hope for it to become a reality sooner rather than later. I have looked at quiet a lot of the tracks that you guys have developed/drafted within this forum section and can not help to notice, that there isnt a lot of emphasis put on the spectator.

Down here in Australia, we have around 19 or so tracks in numerous layouts and forms... One thing that sucks about "aussie" tracks is that other than Oran Park (which is about to close down due to development) we dont have a lot of spectator friendly tracks.

I would love to see some more spectator friendly tracks, but it seems that a spectator friendly track may be a driver boring track, is this the case???

My dream racetrack is to take into consideration the "scare the poop out of ya" mountain aspect of Mt Panorama at Bathurst (the best track in the world without a question)... the corkscrew of Laguna Seca... the outright speed of Phillip Island and a 1klm straight like that of Darwin raceway. Mix this up with the technical aspects of some of the tighter euro circuits and the facilities like that at Sepang.

Ahhh i can dream....

Go the Datto!!!
Old 7 May 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1908173)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good point raised there.

I don't think spectator friendly tracks are always bad, look at Brands Hatch Indy for example...and Rockingham isn't too bad either, maybe a bit too twisty.
Drivers tend to like those tracks.

It's difficult, but not impossible to do.
Old 8 May 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1909005)   #3
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch is only partly a good example. It has the same problem as the old Hockenheimring, I think, that the 'stadium section' -- or the Indy-part of Brands -- has great spectator facilities, but other parts are mostly invisible to spectators.
Old 8 May 2007, 15:38 (Ref:1909105)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
knockhill is a great exaple of this
Old 8 May 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1909219)   #5
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To some extent so is Sepang. Those grandstands allow the spectators to see most of the track on that side of the straight.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 8 May 2007, 18:26 (Ref:1909229)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
well much like the Brands hatch arguement, Knockhill is a circuit of 2 halves or to be more precise 1/4 and 3/4.

THe Hairpin section where most of the facilities are located is only approximately 1/4 of the track, and there is no sight of the remainder.

However move to just about anywhere in the other 3/4 of the circuit, very limited facilities but all nearly all of the circuit is visable except the Hairpin area.