Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Sep 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1405109)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shelsley says 'Thank you'

As our centenary season has drawn to a close, may I thank everyone who has assisted during the year. From the third car of the year ending on its roof through to today's destruction of a 75 year-old fence you have worked wonders in making it a very succesful end to the first century. I look forward to seeing you all again next season.

Very best wishes,

Chris.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1405346)   #2
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its been a grand year with some damn fine racing and the social side has been above and beyond the already high standards at The Chevron Bar..

I almost asked if I could have a piece of the fence as a souvenier but my model cabinet isnt big enough .....

I have really enjoyed it and would also like to thank everyone I have worked with this year...

Cya next year..
Old 12 Sep 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1405358)   #3
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Shelsley spectating yesterday and throughly enjoyed it, well done to everyone that helped out with the 'off' at Kennel, these things need to be sorted out slowly, well handled. Just a quck question, at some point during the afternoon I witnessed a number of small single seater coming back down the hill together, is this is what is know as 'Return of The Jedi' !!
Can't wait until next May - Balders
Old 12 Sep 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1405442)   #4
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't done all meetings this but it's been another wonderful season at Shelsley Walsh.
Thanks to all, and hope to see you all again next year.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1405610)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade
at some point during the afternoon I witnessed a number of small single seater coming back down the hill together, is this is what is know as 'Return of The Jedi' !!
As witnessed on one of the driver's t-shirts: "May the Force be behind you!"
Old 12 Sep 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1405623)   #6
FLoads
Rookie

FLoads should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was only 12 ft of fence that was demolished and is replaceable and, subject to the wishes of TPTB, may well be. Having just seen the marks on the track and bank the description might be 'a vigorous nudge'. The officials are, in my opinion, to be congratulated on the speedy installation of a temporary substitute.
A very good year for SW which passed all too quickly. Much improved catering and bar for the public. A lot of work in the winter to make it even better in 2006.
PS: How many other clubs have celebrated two centenaries in 4 years ?
Old 12 Sep 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1405703)   #7
robert77
Racer

England
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But, what has to be the quote of the weekend has to be by Caroline Ryder as the incident was being cleared up, there was about a dozen drivers up in top paddock, standing around waiting.
Martin Herridge turned to Mrs Ryder and asked her the time, to which she quite amusingly replied, "About ten minutes after you asked me a minute ago".
If you don't belive me, ask Mrs Wolley.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1406079)   #8
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry i was'nt there , this was due to the lack of marshals at gurston . I hope you all a good w/end and hope to see all next season.
got to prepare myself for the long trip to Doune
Old 12 Sep 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1406188)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Phew, Kev, that's serious commitment. Hope you can find enough petrol stations with fuel available on the way. If you start now, you should just make it for sign on!
Old 13 Sep 2005, 05:44 (Ref:1406319)   #10
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having followed the championship all through the season thought i should finish what i started. As you know i am very commited to hillclimbing hope to see you at prescott next w/end.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1406776)   #11
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
It really has been a great year for the world famous. The catering is much improved and the Chevron Bar gets better and better. Cheers guys.

Heres to the next one hundred.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1406998)   #12
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love Shelsley to bits but never used the catering until last Sunday, from what you are saying it is much improved, Christ it must have been bad, it won't stop me going, but next time I will take my own cheese butties!! - Balders
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1407961)   #13
mr_t
Rookie

England
cheltenham
mr_t should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its been a great year for me at shelsley and everywhere else i've visited. I'll be back for the 150th!! *fingers crossed*

Thanks to all who've made it enjoyable! Only two meetings left for me before university, toca at silverstone and the saturday at prescott. I shall probably see some of you there!!
Old 14 Sep 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1407968)   #14
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I'll be at Prescott both days so please say hello to me and my associates.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1408260)   #15
robert77
Racer

England
I'll also be at Prescott, my last but one meeting of the year before the BMCRC Championship finals at Brands hatch in October.