Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2459817)   #51
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rough translation via Google:
http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Seems he was in Spa this weekend speaking to David Richards and there will be more news this week? Also speculation on the lineup but no names. Basically just mentioning that 6 other drivers already exist and they seem already lined up.
Old 11 May 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2459878)   #52
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Verstappen, Davidson and then another quick driver would be the fastest line up for Aston Martin at Le mans this year. ( Now who would be that third driver then ? )
Old 11 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2459887)   #53
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Verstappen, Davidson and then another quick driver would be the fastest line up for Aston Martin at Le mans this year. ( Now who would be that third driver then ? )
Stuart Hall is the other driver who has been linked with the AMR Le Mans squad. There has also been speculation that there may be a driver reshuffle. The signs are good, however, for a 'hare' amongst the three Le Mans cars, which is a mouthwatering prospect.
Old 11 May 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2460019)   #54
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The signs are good, however, for a 'hare' amongst the three Le Mans cars, which is a mouthwatering prospect.
I think the days of the 'hare' car are long gone, the top teams all seem to run flat out for the whole 24 hours, more likely they'll reverse the concept and run a 'tortoise' car, to try and make sure that at least one car gets to the finish!
Old 11 May 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2460193)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seemed to be a hare in the Audi camp last year Geoff......?
Old 11 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2460213)   #56
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Takumo Sato is still looking for a drive?
Old 11 May 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2460351)   #57
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen,Davidson,Coulthard would be a nice lineup
Old 11 May 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2460371)   #58
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wonder if kolles will keep all six drivers for LM...
Old 12 May 2009, 03:25 (Ref:2460577)   #59
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does'nt seems to be a rumour anymore:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/05/...-martin-racing

they even have a pic of Jos leaving the motorhome.
Old 25 May 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2468673)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Romain Ianetta announced as the final driver in the Creation #4 line-up with Jamie Campbell-Walter and Vanina Ickx.
Old 25 May 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2468739)   #61
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Romain Ianetta announced as the final driver in the Creation #4 line-up with Jamie Campbell-Walter and Vanina Ickx.
Hmm, where does that leave Ollie Jarvis? Top Ferrari drive?
Old 25 May 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2468783)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No idea. Why are we assuming that he has (should have) a drive anyway?
Old 25 May 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2468802)   #63
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No idea. Why are we assuming that he has (should have) a drive anyway?
He's announced that he's looking for a drive and Audi are happy to let him search for one. I'm sure most teams would be willing to take him onboard, so he should get a drive. I stress the word should.
Old 25 May 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2468889)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not so many berths left now.....
Old 25 May 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2468900)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, here's one that puzzles me. (It's not new - we've known about it for months).....

How come a driver puts on a great performance in winning LMP2 at a canter one year, and then the best he can do is a seat in the Spyker the next......? Just don't understand that one.....
Old 25 May 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2468918)   #66
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
OK, here's one that puzzles me. (It's not new - we've known about it for months).....

How come a driver puts on a great performance in winning LMP2 at a canter one year, and then the best he can do is a seat in the Spyker the next......? Just don't understand that one.....
Technically, a GT2 drive is a promotion from an LMP2 drive, because its a more competitive class with factory interest from the world's two leading car manufacturers.
Old 25 May 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2468974)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can see how some view it, but I just can't see going from a winning RS Spyder to most people's dead cert for retirement in the first 3-4 hours as a 'promotion'......

Butr then I'm a prototype man - comes of getting into Le Mans in the mid-80's when that's all you had.....
Old 25 May 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2469121)   #68
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically looking at the official ACO list and adding drivers that were announced by teams but who are not on the list it looks like only 9 seats are to be confirmed.

LMP1: Bakkerud, Albers, Zwolsman, Meyrick and Karthikeyan seem to be certain of their seats. Final seat could be Mondini, Krumm or even Di Grassi who tested for them at their pre-LM24 test session in France.

LMP2: Bruichladdich-Bruneau, Barazi-Epsilon, KSM and OAK Racing each have 1 seat vacant. KSM could go to Ben Devlin (Mazda)

GT1: JLOC has two seats, 99.99% sure to be 2 Japanese drivers

GT2: Hankook-Team Farnbacher and JMB Racing both have their third driver to be announced.
Old 26 May 2009, 08:47 (Ref:2469300)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are you saying there's an entry list with drivers now on the ACO site? I seem to be struggling to find things on there this year! Can you give me the link?
Old 26 May 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2469348)   #70
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Are you saying there's an entry list with drivers now on the ACO site? I seem to be struggling to find things on there this year! Can you give me the link?
Here you go:
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ngages_fr.html
Old 26 May 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2469418)   #71
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I approve of the way in which the Astons are top of the list!
Old 26 May 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2469439)   #72
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seemed to be a hare in the Audi camp last year Geoff......?

I agree with you Ayse... I still think teams employ a hare to take more risks and go for broke in the opening hours... I disagree with Geoff that teams no longer employ a hare... Of course last year the speed difference between peugeot and audi was huge so it looked like a peugeot formation lap after lap at the start of last years race - but I expect the new R15 to be on the money with the 908's and if an Aston or Oreca or even a Pesca for the first three hours it will make for a great start...

Roll on two weeks time... I'll be there for my first ever scrutineering!!!
Old 26 May 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2469443)   #73
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just posted on PLM about Peter Kox joining the AMR line up...

Me thinks AMR will run an all GBR Crew:

AMR GBR
007 - Turner/Davidson/Hall

An CZE/DEU Crew:

AMR Eastern EU
008 - Enge/Charouz/Mücke

And a Dutchie/Swiss Crew in 009

AMR GBR
009 - Verstappen/Kox/Primat

All three of those teams have pace and speed... will be interesting to see if I'm right or wrong... Over to you Mr Richards...

And I didnt realise they'd already posted the driver line ups!!

Old 26 May 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2469449)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post

Merci, mon ami
Old 26 May 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2469458)   #75
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1810 View Post
Just posted on PLM about Peter Kox joining the AMR line up...

Me thinks AMR will run an all GBR Crew:

AMR GBR
007 - Turner/Davidson/Hall

An CZE/DEU Crew:

AMR Eastern EU
008 - Enge/Charouz/Mücke

And a Dutchie/Swiss Crew in 009

AMR GBR
009 - Verstappen/Kox/Primat

All three of those teams have pace and speed... will be interesting to see if I'm right or wrong... Over to you Mr Richards...

And I didnt realise they'd already posted the driver line ups!!

I thougt I read somewhere that it will be :

007 : Enge Charouz Mucke
008 : Verstappen Davidson Turner
009 : Kox Hall Primat

but it would seem more logic to me to put the drivers I listed in 007 in the eastern europe 008 car