Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2469497)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know what all the fuss is about between AMR and AMR/EE .

At the end of the day its just another way of getting a 3rd entry , as you are only allowed 2 cars per team .

Team Peugeot Total and Peugeot Sport Total are the same team , and what is the differance between Audi Sport North America and Audi Sport Team Joest ..... their all run by Joest !!!
Old 26 May 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2469551)   #77
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you look on the Le Mans website you see that #007 = AMR/EE!
Old 26 May 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2469778)   #78
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
When you look on the Le Mans website you see that #007 = AMR/EE!

Well... sorry if I sound a bit controversial... but I think or I thought the 007 car would have been an all GBR line up - with my thoughts along the lines of aston martin promoting the James Bond tie up. 008 was going to be AMR EE and you would have thought they'd pitch the Dutch Drivers with Harold Primat.

Just saying... for me that would make sense....
Old 26 May 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2469815)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anyone actually make the link between 007 and Mr. Bond any more? I gave up making that link long, long ago as far as Aston are concerned....
Old 27 May 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2470099)   #80
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
Audi names driver teams for Le Mans

Ingolstadt – The three driver teams with which Audi Sport Team Joest will tackle the 77th edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 13/14 have been confirmed.

The Audi R15 TDI designated as car number "1" will be driven by last year’s winners Dindo Capello (Italy), Tom Kristensen (Denmark) and Allan McNish (Scotland), the same squad that already won the 12-hour race at Sebring (USA).

The Audi R15 TDI designated as car number "2" also features the same lineup that ran at Sebring: The three Germans Lucas Luhr, Mike Rockenfeller and Marco Werner will take turns at the wheel of this car.

The cockpit of the Audi R15 TDI – car number "3" – will be shared by the German Timo Bernhard and the two Frenchmen Romain Dumas and Alexandre PrĂ©mat.

Source: Audi Communications Motorsport (press release)
Old 27 May 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2470139)   #81
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Does anyone actually make the link between 007 and Mr. Bond any more? I gave up making that link long, long ago as far as Aston are concerned....
Er, me (but then I'm well into my seventh decade), and maybe the guys at Aston who sorted the numbers with the ACO.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2470194)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry Ayse but I still link 007 with a certain aston loving secret agent, and I am sure the world in general think along the same lines. And yes I know than in the original books he drove a bentley. I also loved the Lotus driven by the best bond.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2470207)   #83
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and at one time, he even drove a ...Toyota!
Old 27 May 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2470236)   #84
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
And a few BMW's
Old 27 May 2009, 18:19 (Ref:2470404)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh well, I'm very much in the minority then! I always considered it surprisingly charitable of the ACO to allow Aston to use numbers which clearly didn't follow their expected sequence - but then I guess Aston made it worth their while.....
Old 28 May 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2470896)   #86
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There's no strong link but there's no doubt the race that number because of Bond.
Old 28 May 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2471011)   #87
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
And a few BMW's
And a deux cheh veueererr (read "2CV") .... sorry must practice my french over the next couple of weeks!!!
Old 28 May 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2471061)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That probably goes for us all! I promise myself every year I'll do that.....
Old 29 May 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2471386)   #89
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
There's no strong link but there's no doubt the race that number because of Bond.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Bond_vehicles
Old 29 May 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2471403)   #90
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Great link, I never knew bond had such a varied car history,
Old 2 Jun 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2474174)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thread closed - as nobody is using it - using the Official Entry List thread instead. No point having both open.