Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 May 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2467038)   #1
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help Getting Into Parking Vert Please

can anybody provide idiot proof instructions for accessing Parking Vert upon arrival at the track? We will be rolling up late on Friday night, having driven down from Paris. I've read some rather off putting stories about driving near the Houx roundabout on the friday, and would probably like to avoid this route if poss.

First time I've driven into the circuit myself, so please assume I know nothing!

Thanks guys

Chris
Old 22 May 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2467042)   #2
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Don't you worry,the Houx roundabout is no longer the funcircle it used to be. Nowadays,there are big fences around it plus about 10 gendarmes to ensure there'll be no fun whatsoever!
Old 22 May 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2467045)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
can anybody provide idiot proof instructions for accessing Parking Vert upon arrival at the track? We will be rolling up late on Friday night, having driven down from Paris. I've read some rather off putting stories about driving near the Houx roundabout on the friday, and would probably like to avoid this route if poss.

First time I've driven into the circuit myself, so please assume I know nothing!

Thanks guys

Chris
If you are arriving on Friday the town is a real nightmare, presumming you will arrive from the north take the ring road around the town and follow the signs for the carrefore supermarket, ignore all the other signs and then use the original signs for Mulsanne, go past the carrefore on your left and follow the signs for tours at the start of the mulsanne striaght after passing under the motorway turn right and you are there, you will then end up on a small road towards the circuit follow the signs and they will take you to vert parking, do not take the first turning at the small roundabout it will take you to the houx mayhem, go stright ahead to the vert parking.
Old 22 May 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2467053)   #4
Remus
Racer

Thanks for that GT6. When you say original signs for Mulsanne, what should I be looking for - event signs or road signs?? Cheers.
Old 22 May 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2467064)   #5
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks for that GT6. When you say original signs for Mulsanne, what should I be looking for - event signs or road signs?? Cheers.
There are event signs alongside the route once you are in the area, clearly marked VERT and coloured green.
It's best to display your parking pass on your windscreen, so that gendarmes and officials can direct you easily
Old 22 May 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2467067)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
during the event many of the original road signs are covered up but the advertising ones are not, thats why I use the ones for Carreforre supermarket signs, the road from there is straight to Mulsanne (the mulsanne straight or N138) there will be plenty of police around but the road will be open, the enterance to tertre rouge camping is just past the bridge and you will not be able to use that unless you have the correct ticket, just past that is a roundabout but the first turning on the right takes you down in an arc to the old approach road, turn left at the bottom and you are heading towards the main circuit area, houx annex is on your left. various vert parking both almost imediately on yor left and further along, but there will be attendants to help you at every enterance.
Old 22 May 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2467069)   #7
Remus
Racer

Thanks again folks - got very excited when the passes came through this morning! 10 years since my last visit, and just can't wait for three weeks today - hoping this year's race is even half as good as the one in '99.
Old 22 May 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2467072)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Thanks again folks - got very excited when the passes came through this morning! 10 years since my last visit, and just can't wait for three weeks today - hoping this year's race is even half as good as the one in '99.
You will notice big changes from 10 years ago, the village is now totally different and the access to viewing a lot more restricted, but the facilities are much improved, hopefully you will be able to make the ten-tenths meet on saturday
Old 22 May 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2467073)   #9
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ten Tenths meet on Saturday??? If I can ask... wheres that taking place or is it all 'hush hush' as I'm a newbie...

Agree with your comments on access... you used to be able to get right up close to the track... remember going under the fencing to see the cars shot past heading to Terte Rouge... but price for price 68 Euros for the week is still a bargain...
Old 22 May 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2467075)   #10
Remus
Racer

Yes, I was thinking that we might head over for a drink and say hello. Oldest tree at the end of the village right? Just turn up with a bottle?

I have seen from web images that the place looks different from in the '90s. Still looks like the best race in the world though.
Old 22 May 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2467077)   #11
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1810 View Post
Ten Tenths meet on Saturday??? If I can ask... wheres that taking place or is it all 'hush hush' as I'm a newbie...
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114133
Old 22 May 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2467146)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Before my dad got technological, we could never find campsites and car parks at Le Mans - we always played hit and miss on Wednesday lunchtime, and my dad would ask for directions in French to a security guard smoking a Gitannes cigarette, but accidentally insult his mother, then a row would occur, my dad would say he's "never coming to this sodding race again"" then we would play hit and miss before a dutch guy would tell us where to go in perfect English, and my dad would say "Le Mans is the greatest place in the world, I don't know why anybody wouldn't want to come here"(he's a tad fickle).

Now we plan where we go, and half the fun's been taken out. We never get lost.