Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Mar 2004, 18:37 (Ref:922238)   #751
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me too. me too.. i will miss seeing Konrad at LM. Hopefully he will somehow be able to make it to the Ring 24hs instead. (same weekend as LM) I dont know a whole lot about the rules in VLN, but i think that the Saleen can be worked with to become legal to run in the Ring24hrs. they were supposed to run it last year, but pulled out at the last min. Maybe that was Konrad's plan all along (not to enter lM this year, and run the Ring24hr- but i doubt it)
Old 28 Mar 2004, 20:00 (Ref:922296)   #752
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
the konrad saleens did not have mechnical problems today! get it straight! The Alzen car ran over a rumble strip and that strip broke a hose in the underbody that caused the water leak. very freak occurance. the team will now install "blockers" on the underbody so that doesnt happen again. Nothing mechanical about that.. The Yellow Konrad saleen got punted off, and it did hit the gravel hard. the gravel dug into the wheel area, and thats what caused the suspension to fail. Remember that that chassis is 014r(ran only 5 races last year, all in america), and it is only being used until they recieve their new 2004 chassis from saleen.

RML did have gearbox problems today, but from what i understand, The #7 erdos car did finish. (Autosport said he did not, but that was incorrect)
A hose which is not well protected, a too weak suspension, these details are important for a 24 hours race.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 20:17 (Ref:922312)   #753
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
correct. maybe RML should have initally thought about those things when designing the S7R
Old 28 Mar 2004, 22:25 (Ref:922341)   #754
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two Taurus Lolas for LM

Great news!
So it's worth being 1st Reserve!
Old 28 Mar 2004, 22:44 (Ref:922356)   #755
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Great for them! I thought they did great at Sebring, and were unlucky not to finish. This makes up for last year's non invite.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 23:09 (Ref:922366)   #756
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if they're going to try the long tail bodywork again?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 05:20 (Ref:922501)   #757
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Let's say that the Saleens were unlucky... and that we need them at LM... let's hope for next year !
Old 29 Mar 2004, 06:47 (Ref:922538)   #758
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope not, I think it ruins the image of the thing!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 29 Mar 2004, 08:01 (Ref:922575)   #759
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a reaction of Jan on the janlammers.com website. He's very suprised and disappointed...
Old 29 Mar 2004, 08:16 (Ref:922583)   #760
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
as a reminder, there's been a discussion here last year about this long tail

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=37610
Old 29 Mar 2004, 08:31 (Ref:922595)   #761
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope the RfH Dome can make it onto the grid, looking at the entry again I feel there is a real chance that there will be some more to drop out.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 08:46 (Ref:922599)   #762
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
does anyone know the rules regarding driver eligibilty. i remember that novice drivers need to drive at least one session at night during qualifying, but is there any ruling regarding their involvement at pre-qualifying? i know it would be sensible for them to get out on the track on april 25th...but is it mandatory?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 08:58 (Ref:922605)   #763
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
new drivers MUST make at least 10 laps during the test day sessions
Old 29 Mar 2004, 09:11 (Ref:922613)   #764
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
more precisions, from ACO's site concerning drivers (translated from french):

"At least two of the drivers of the final crew for the race must form part of the drivers registered by car at the time of the preliminary tests. Those not being reproduced on the list of reference established by the A.C.O must obligatorily take part in the preliminary tests, and carry out a minimum of 10 laps, in order to be able to be allowed to take part in the qualifying sessions of June."

this list of reference is probably to be published soon (last year's list was published alongside the invited teams list)
Old 29 Mar 2004, 09:22 (Ref:922621)   #765
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
I really hope the RfH Dome can make it onto the grid, looking at the entry again I feel there is a real chance that there will be some more to drop out.
I'm not optimistic on that... I keep on to see a major istake by ACO's committee... but why ? That's what I'd like to know...
Old 29 Mar 2004, 09:33 (Ref:922623)   #766
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I'm not optimistic on that... I keep on to see a major mistake by ACO's committee... but why ? That's what I'd like to know...
agreed
I also think that if ACO had paid attention to the withdraw of Arena's car (that was known before, or am I wrong?) they probably let the 2nd RFH in and 2nd Taurus as 1st reserve (= Dome for Dome)
Old 29 Mar 2004, 09:45 (Ref:922627)   #767
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
They may not have keep the second RFH entry because it didn't get the checkered flag last year... not enough to empeach the car to enter... with all respect due to Taurus (I love the B2K), one car for this team could have been enough...
Old 29 Mar 2004, 10:35 (Ref:922654)   #768
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will they both be Deisel, or is that for next year?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 10:38 (Ref:922657)   #769
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he was testing at Snett last monday, i tried to get in but was turned away, and when i looked over the fence at coram it was raining so the cars wasn't out, damnit.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 11:16 (Ref:922697)   #770
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Think it's one diesel and one Judd
Old 29 Mar 2004, 11:32 (Ref:922716)   #771
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It is
Old 29 Mar 2004, 12:32 (Ref:922800)   #772
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And which has made the list, and which is reserve?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 13:07 (Ref:922836)   #773
djone101
Rookie

djone101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diesel is on the list:
10 Taurus Sports Racing (UK) LMP900 Lola-Caterpillar 4920t

Reserve is the Judd engined car and it is the first reserve.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 13:13 (Ref:922843)   #774
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies if already mentioned, haven't seen it, but do you think any factory Courages were entered in P1 (LMP1- whatever)? If so, why none accepted?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 13:23 (Ref:922857)   #775
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It is now confirmed on the entry list - The Arena Dome has been withdrawn