Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Sep 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2763644)   #101
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheers GT6. I think we will be heading down at a similar time to you. Got a pre-order in for tickets for Le Houx so just waiting for the prices to come through. I figured it was best to be proactive when it came to the camping.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2763682)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Cheers GT6. I think we will be heading down at a similar time to you. Got a pre-order in for tickets for Le Houx so just waiting for the prices to come through. I figured it was best to be proactive when it came to the camping.
Houx is a good campsite, you get either an allocated spot if you are lucky or there are some unallocated area's, there is a bit of a walk to the race track but facilities are good there, if you can't get that then the other first choices are Maison blanche and tertre rouge(we camp there) but most sites have advantages and disadvantages. Closer to the time i can give you the directions once you at at le mans or perhaps you might join are convoy from calais. Don't get to worried about race tickets they can be bought at the gate no problem and with no mark up either. For your first trip don't bother with grandstand's you will be busy watching the race from many different places and they are very expensive.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2763694)   #103
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Houx is a good campsite, you get either an allocated spot if you are lucky or there are some unallocated area's, there is a bit of a walk to the race track but facilities are good there, if you can't get that then the other first choices are Maison blanche and tertre rouge(we camp there) but most sites have advantages and disadvantages. Closer to the time i can give you the directions once you at at le mans or perhaps you might join are convoy from calais. Don't get to worried about race tickets they can be bought at the gate no problem and with no mark up either. For your first trip don't bother with grandstand's you will be busy watching the race from many different places and they are very expensive.
Thanks for the info and advice that's really generous of you. Definately nearer the time I'll give you a shout. Just a case of counting down the months now. I decided like you say not to bother with a grandstand. Where have you traditionally watched the first lap from?

Richard
Old 24 Sep 2010, 05:34 (Ref:2763827)   #104
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
On your first trip you really need to find a spot opposite the pits. You will have to park yourself there a few hours before the start but the razzmatazz to the race build up creates a great atmosphere..... Bring an Umbrella, sun cream and fold up chair.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 05:59 (Ref:2764278)   #105
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks for the info and advice that's really generous of you. Definately nearer the time I'll give you a shout. Just a case of counting down the months now. I decided like you say not to bother with a grandstand. Where have you traditionally watched the first lap from?

Richard

Counting down the months? It's a mere 259 days away!

Welcome to Ten-tenths by the way.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2764299)   #106
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Richard
For your first trip i would agree with mal, the start/finishing straight is an experience you will never forget, but you will need to spend a fair amount of time there, it will be packed 4 hours before the start. I would suggest that if you would rather not stand around for hours then head for the outside of the track near the museum, it will still be packed but not until much later, you can watch the cars come up the straight and then hit the first tricky bit, a few incidents usually and all of the cars still close together so still very loud. After 1 hour the pit straight starts to clear and you can then watch the first round of pit stops in comfort.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2766577)   #107
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Does anyone know what era the historic support race will be from next year. Or is that something they announce much nearer the time?
Old 29 Sep 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2766597)   #108
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Well... 2008 and 2010 were Group C, and 2009 was 1949-1965, so that's probably the most likely one. But it's probably certain to be a pre-1980 period.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2769360)   #109
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I am planning on going.

I missed this year´s edition, but I only managed to go, at the last minute, to the 24h Classic in July (cortesy of a few friends in the MG Club).

Next year, I will most likely be there in June.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2769369)   #110
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well that's the tunnel booked, out on wednesday at 7.20 in the morning and back at 22.40 on Sunday, just have to keep fingers crossed that nadine can provide the usual camping tickets, noticed on another forum that the ACO is promising members will have proirity on camping this year with booking open for members from 11 October, but heard that before so prefer the old tried and trusted route. Only 8 months to go
Old 5 Oct 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2769542)   #111
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well that's the tunnel booked, out on wednesday at 7.20 in the morning and back at 22.40 on Sunday, just have to keep fingers crossed that nadine can provide the usual camping tickets, noticed on another forum that the ACO is promising members will have proirity on camping this year with booking open for members from 11 October, but heard that before so prefer the old tried and trusted route. Only 8 months to go
That's right .Get the same Info from my Friends in Le Mans .ACO Members booking from Oct 11th ,no Members booking from Nov 3rd .
Old 14 Oct 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2775132)   #112
Mel Davies
Rookie

Mel Davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woocote Wanderers

Hi, All,
We are booked on LD Lines Portsmouth- Le Havre on Tue. 7/6 and should be on MB around mid-day on Wed. 8/7. We are a party of 8, with 2 MGB's an Austin Cooper S and a Chuck Wagon with all the tents & the beer.
Cheers, Mel
Old 15 Oct 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2775336)   #113
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
That's right .Get the same Info from my Friends in Le Mans .ACO Members booking from Oct 11th ,no Members booking from Nov 3rd .
Does that apply to grandstand tickets as well?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2775342)   #114
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Davies View Post
Hi, All,
We are booked on LD Lines Portsmouth- Le Havre on Tue. 7/6 and should be on MB around mid-day on Wed. 8/7. We are a party of 8, with 2 MGB's an Austin Cooper S and a Chuck Wagon with all the tents & the beer.
Cheers, Mel
Hello Mel,

welcome on the forum!
Is this your first trip to the great race?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2775345)   #115
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Does that apply to grandstand tickets as well?
I could make my reservation as an ACO member on the 11th, Can't recall the last time I have left it that late in the year.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2776009)   #116
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
From what I have seen on the other forums the ACO members booking has been seeing a few problems, are we surprised.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2776119)   #117
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm strongly trying to find the budget for a Le Mans trip next year (2011).
It's going to be the first time, so i really really hope i can make it .
Is there any "Ten-Tenths" events/areas down there?
Old 17 Oct 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2776193)   #118
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm strongly trying to find the budget for a Le Mans trip next year (2011).
It's going to be the first time, so i really really hope i can make it .
Is there any "Ten-Tenths" events/areas down there?
The meet on saturday lunchtime will certainly happen again and if we do manage to find a team willing to welcome us for a pit visit on Friday.

However usually end up meeting some of the members at other times aswell.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2776286)   #119
Mel Davies
Rookie

Hi, Nobster,
No, we are regulars , traveling as the "Woodcote Wanderers", and we will be On Maison Blanche, thanks to Brian at 1st Tickets. Come and join us for a pint.
Cheers, Mel
Old 17 Oct 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2776302)   #120
Mel Davies
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Hello Mel,

welcome on the forum!
Is this your first trip to the great race?
Thanks, and no, we are regulars for the last 6 years, or so, we travel as the "Woodcote Wanderers" and we will be on Maison Blanche, so come over and have a pint.
Cheers, Mel
Old 17 Oct 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2776304)   #121
Mel Davies
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Davies View Post
Thanks, and no, we are regulars for the last 6 years, or so, we travel as the "Woodcote Wanderers" and we will be on Maison Blanche, so come over and have a pint.
Cheers, Mel
PS. to my last 2 messages - I'll get the hang of this technology eventually !
Old 18 Oct 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2776632)   #122
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Got camping and crossing sorted today. We're going to be in Houx and coming over from Dover midday on Tuesday. Very excited.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2777119)   #123
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Another quick question.

Is it possible to see the pitstops taking place without having a grandstand ticket? In that, is it possible to see over the pitwall from the terraced standing area? Or do you need to be higher?
Old 20 Oct 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2777588)   #124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes from the area opposite the pits you can see everything in duplicate, this is because from that level the reflection in the angled glass above the pits shows you the cars coming in and out and some of the car actually infrount of the pit, after the first couple of hours you can stand up against the fencing no problem and the view is great, the grandstands are further back and as they are higher have a difference angle of reflection.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2777597)   #125
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going!, is it allowed to sleep in the carpark , in the car?