Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Feb 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1850059)   #1
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£10 on the champion

I know there's threads up and about concerning specific teams/drivers, but I miss a proper discussion about who is going to be champion! Also, I'm about to bet a tenner on a driver soon. Now, who do you think will be world champion, and who do you want it to be? Personally;

Fisichella - Oh boy, I do wish him success - he's had to fight his way into a top team, and he gives me 25 times the money if he wins!

Räikkönen - He's just very, very quick

Alonso & Lewis - What if the car is a dog? If not, I'd be very happy for McLaren to take another title!

David Coulthard - Now that would be too good to be true, wouldn't it? David Coulthard. A world champion. Does not compute. If it happened it would be a sign that the end is nearing!

Now, what's Damon Hill up to...
Old 23 Feb 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1850100)   #2
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, tops teams in my book ae ferrari mclaren BNW and renualt. personally i dont think renualt are strong enough to even come close, they will have a consistent car as always, but will not have a driver like alonso to be a challenge. BMW sauber showed so much promise last year in their first season. i thin they will be one to reckon with this year, but i cant see them out doing ferrari or mclaren. now, we know mclaren, they are normally unreliable, does this put alonso out of the hunt? hamilton will be fast, but i dont see him winning in his first year. ferrari are the call for me, but which drver i have no idea. i think we will see a senna prost battle with the ferrari boys, with the drive who scores most point in te first half of the season taking the advantage. im inclided to go with raikkonen, he is overdue for a WC, but massa really has come alive in 2006, and i would expect him to really be pushing at raikkonen, if not faster.

tought call
Old 23 Feb 2007, 23:49 (Ref:1850207)   #3
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My heart says:- WDC, Fernando Alonso
CWC, McLaren

My head says:- WDC, Either Massa or Kimi
CWC, Ferrari

IMO i think BMW will have the standard "second season syndrome".

Honda ARE a dark horse i think,

Toyota, WELL... Midfield (again)

RBR Renault, think they will struggle at 1st then progress,

Williams Toyota, things can/will get better, think they on verge of greatness in say 3-5 years time with the Toyota engines, looking back i thought Williams getting Renault engines was a bad idea, how wrong was i!!!

Renault, decent car, just not got the drivers

McLaren, race wins(s) maybe a title push from the word go

Ferrari, IMO title favorites

SA-Honda, maybe, JUST maybe battle wit midfield runners?? (you heard it hear 1st)

Spyker, think it will be a not bad car but still a back marker

STR-Ferrari, dont make me laugh!! no, honest i think they will fight with the back of the midfield runners, say SA-Honda and Spyker if they get the car right

Hope this might help you Jimmy
Old 24 Feb 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1850570)   #4
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Alonso will be WDC, with Ferrari being CWC. I think that Kimi and Massa will take points off each other, while Hamilton will not take any points from Alonso.

I think that BMW will end the season behind Renault and Honda. I think that Honda have kept deliberately quiet over the winter and we will see their true pace - fighting with Renault for 3rd position behind Ferrari and McLaren - come Australia.

Having said all that, the odds on Kimi and Alonso are crap, so I've stuck a fiver on Massa and a fiver on Button, just in case :-)
Old 24 Feb 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1850686)   #5
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Heidfeld is the best long-shot bet you could place right now. Despite the fact I think Kubica is the better driver, I don't think he has the experience to fight a full championship campaign yet.

So, if the BMW is a class of its own, that gives Nick the WDC.

I'd personally say there's not a hope in hell of it happening. But the odds you would get at a bookies would be great (since most people wouldn't suspect BMW of being fast). And gambling isn't about the winning anyway
Old 24 Feb 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1850699)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Alonso will enjoy consitency at McLaren - he will be the fastest though I feel. Much like Raikkonen in previous seasons, whom I can easily see getting beat by Massa - I think his performances towards the end of last year show there's something good there, not just a quick but erratic driver like he used to be. I'd put my money on him. Renault - I'm not even sure I would take them into account..
Old 28 Feb 2007, 11:10 (Ref:1853676)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ferrari are the call for me, but which drver i have no idea. i think we will see a senna prost battle with the ferrari boys, with the drive who scores most point in te first half of the season taking the advantage. im inclided to go with raikkonen, he is overdue for a WC, but massa really has come alive in 2006, and i would expect him to really be pushing at raikkonen, if not faster.
I don't think the Ferrari battle will be as close as many reckon. I think Raikkonen will largely have the legs on Massa.

At this point, even though it's conjecture (I can't not say anything just because I've only seen testing results- speculation keeps the forum alive in the pre-season), I imagine a Ferrari driver will win the championship, because McLaren have a lot to do to string together a consistently reliable car and championship challenge. The driver will be Raikkonen. Renault will be quick, and will be in the hunt for numerous wins.

Alonso will do well for McLaren, but Hamilton will also show some searing pace and beat him fair and square on more than just a few occasions.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 16:32 (Ref:1853883)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I was a betting man, I'd put £10 on the BMWs to take a couple of wins.

Hell, I'm putting £10 on Heidfeld to be Champion!
Old 1 Mar 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1854570)   #9
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I put £10 on Alonso a few weeks ago, he's the best driver in F1, and the McLaren looks good. I think his odds are generally shorter since when I placed the bet though.