Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2216091)   #151
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy
Badger, what nationality are you? You may be able to get a travel document from your local embassy/consular office to go with your expired passport - I've done something similar to that that in the past.
Good idea ..... I did get in touch with my embassy , but they didnt really offer any help .But if you say thet you have done it before , I will certainly give it a bash on Monday morning .

Thank you very much for all the advice , all of you .
Old 31 May 2008, 18:56 (Ref:2216098)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, back on topic guys - Mr. B, keep us up to date with your situation in the main Le Mans 2008 'chat' thread.....
Old 1 Jun 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2216518)   #153
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

is cheng cong fu true racing in lm this year?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 11:27 (Ref:2216530)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, he's in the #35 Saulnier Pescarolo. 45th position after the first Test Day session.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2216781)   #155
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
is cheng cong fu true racing in lm this year?
Does he race in GP2 by any chance ?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 14:45 (Ref:2216816)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Yep, he's in the #35 Saulnier Pescarolo. 45th position after the first Test Day session.

Up to 20th now.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2217352)   #157
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Just to make sure,the time for the meat is still 11:30?
We'll be viewing the Group C's from the Porsche curves vantagepoint,so this'd give me about half an hour to get to the meet. Should be just enough...
Old 2 Jun 2008, 05:47 (Ref:2217466)   #158
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Went to find the tree yesterday but could not find it, is there a posting in this thread were we can find it on a map?
Old 2 Jun 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2217519)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
Just to make sure,the time for the meat is still 11:30?
We'll be viewing the Group C's from the Porsche curves vantagepoint,so this'd give me about half an hour to get to the meet. Should be just enough...
It'll be a brisk walk from there, but don't worry, the meeting will last long enough.......

The map showing tree and pin is already IN this thread..... Post #139
Old 2 Jun 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2217532)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ayse

I told you there record for cutting down trees is good lets just hope Nobster overlooked it otherwise there will be nowhere to put the PIN
Old 2 Jun 2008, 07:56 (Ref:2217548)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm, did anyone else who was there yesterday wander through the concrete Village? Did they see the tree? Bernard perhaps?
Old 2 Jun 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2217558)   #162
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
probably a frenchmen with an axe.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2217578)   #163
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
OK, back on topic guys - Mr. B, keep us up to date with your situation in the main Le Mans 2008 'chat' thread.....
Looks like my passport woe's are over . just been in touch with the airline that I work for , and they said that Im ok to fly .

Im leaving for Le Mans this coming Sunday , and staying until the following Tuesday ..... I am so pleased ..... I honestly shed a tear last Friday night !!!

Ok ..... thanks again for all advice given .
Old 2 Jun 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2217621)   #164
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
That tree is still there!
Old 2 Jun 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2217637)   #165
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
That tree is still there!
well keep quite about it or the ACO they will do to it what they have with most of the other trees, each year I go they have removed more trees and at the current rate the circuit will be tree less in a few short years.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2217678)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Looks like my passport woe's are over . just been in touch with the airline that I work for , and they said that Im ok to fly .

Im leaving for Le Mans this coming Sunday , and staying until the following Tuesday ..... I am so pleased ..... I honestly shed a tear last Friday night !!!

Ok ..... thanks again for all advice given .

Good for you mate, well done.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2217729)   #167
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Apologies for a tardy response here but I'd indeed be interested in the Embassy garage visit - providing timings etc work. Would of course understand that by this stage I'm pretty far down the queue though!
Old 2 Jun 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2218024)   #168
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hmmm, did anyone else who was there yesterday wander through the concrete Village? Did they see the tree? Bernard perhaps?
It's impossible to miss THE TREE, it's just after the exit of the new village square, to the north.
It's still here, I'll send a photo on next friday night.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2218033)   #169
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
well keep quite about it or the ACO they will do to it what they have with most of the other trees, each year I go they have removed more trees and at the current rate the circuit will be tree less in a few short years.
that's quite true
this year some trees dissapeared again
for example the ones outside the esses, near the marshals square ...
Old 2 Jun 2008, 18:45 (Ref:2218035)   #170
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
but "our" tree is still there!

it's impossible to miss it:
noth of the concrete village, between the cash booth and the "La Poste" office
Old 2 Jun 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2218049)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
that's quite true

More? Really?

So what did these have to make way for?
Old 2 Jun 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2218154)   #172
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
that's quite true
i saw that in some of the pictures on the aco site...there appears to be no trees between dunlop bridge and terte rouge now...as general melchet once said "my god its barren wilderness out there".
Old 2 Jun 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2218168)   #173
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Apologies for a tardy response here but I'd indeed be interested in the Embassy garage visit - providing timings etc work. Would of course understand that by this stage I'm pretty far down the queue though!
Excellent news, and not too late at all. Hoping Bernard, Pascal and others will also be able to make it.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2218395)   #174
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
May be the ACO is saving money, it cuts the trees down and then turns them into fences. Why do they insist on cutting mature trees down and replacing them with pathetic little trees that rarely survive and offer no shelter. Does France have tree preservation orders like the UK?
Old 3 Jun 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2218433)   #175
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
May be the ACO is saving money, it cuts the trees down and then turns them into fences. Why do they insist on cutting mature trees down and replacing them with pathetic little trees that rarely survive and offer no shelter. Does France have tree preservation orders like the UK?
As all Francophones will know, they cut them down and give them to the Larbre Team