Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Feb 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3365352)   #651
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were still in the grandstand, I tried to take my mind off it as well by going to the disabled area and reeling off a load of shots, wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing though. Was all very surreal.

In the end I think most people don't have a radio in, and the speakers aren't always easy to hear so it would be really easy to reach the end of the race and wonder why the Danish flag was being flown so prominently.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3365378)   #652
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately we were at TR for the start and although we could not see everything that was happening we knew it was not good and the radio was trying to say what was happening but our eyes told us things were not good, went back to the campsite and was sitting under the gazebo when everything was confirmed
Old 7 Feb 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3365407)   #653
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Heard it through the radio le mans anouncement, as soon as they started I knew it was bad news and it is a moment I sadly will never forget.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3366192)   #654
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
@Aysedasi:
how do you do changing avatars? Or is it a moderator's benefit only and can the mere Baldricks out here only marvel at the goodies the Prince Georges throw upon themselves?
Old 9 Feb 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3366194)   #655
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
@Aysedasi:
how do you do changing avatars? Or is it a moderator's benefit only and can the mere Baldricks out here only marvel at the goodies the Prince Georges throw upon themselves?
Replying by PM....
Old 16 Feb 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3369021)   #656
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche really aren't messing around when it comes to Le Mans.

They are building a Porsche Experience Centre (like the one at Silverstone) at Maison Blanche.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...aison-blanche/

No word on when or exactly where. Will be interesting to see what impact that has, if any, on the camping.

I suppose another interesting thing will be how Porsche will compete with Audi/Toyota in the hospitality stakes during race week.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3369029)   #657
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it will be interesting to see when they will be able to start building this and where exactly it will be, but can't see it effecting 2014 races
Old 16 Feb 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3369085)   #658
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I fear it will be located at the very end of Maison Blanche, at the exit corner from Porsche Curves, which will mean that a great spectator place is lost.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3369119)   #659
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If this did put it there I'm sure they'd double it up as corporate hospitality.

Would the 'experience' itself take place on the Bugatti circuit or would they put some track down somewhere? Not expecting anyone to answer that just thinking out loud.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3369127)   #660
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe both? Just like the Porsche experience Centre at Silverstone? If they are going to build something like that why not replicate what you have elsewhere...
Old 17 Feb 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3369274)   #661
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
MB look pretty similar to me:

http://www.porschedriving.fr/index.p...Maison-Blanche
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3369319)   #662
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So they've basically added gravel traps to the circuit inside Masion Blanche? Nothing major then.

What was that track previously used for? Other than drunken Brits and Danes on mini motors of course...
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3369323)   #663
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Tweet from TravelDestinations saying:

Quote:
Ticket sales for Le Mans 24 are months ahead of last year. Nearly all grandstand seats already sold. ACO may open old stand to meet demand.
Which is the old stand? Seems like we might get a bumper crowd this year.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3369324)   #664
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The Porsche / Webber influx is clearly making a big difference. I have regularly seen articles and mentions on many or mainstream newspapers and F1 websites etc so there is clearly more awareness which will lead to more ticket sales
Old 17 Feb 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3369344)   #665
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Le mans is still very cheap compared to the feeder series (F!) so lets hope people will try le mans for the first time in 2014 and find out just how good it is
Old 17 Feb 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3369396)   #666
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Drivers'parade comes back to "la place des jacobins" and the scrutineering will stay at the same place than last year: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...-aux-jacobins/ sorry only in french
Old 17 Feb 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3369397)   #667
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Le mans is still very cheap compared to the feeder series (F!) so lets hope people will try le mans for the first time in 2014 and find out just how good it is
With more people also comes more riffraff and thieves. Don't know if this to my liking.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3369404)   #668
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
So they've basically added gravel traps to the circuit inside Masion Blanche? Nothing major then.

What was that track previously used for? Other than drunken Brits and Danes on mini motors of course...
The Gravel traps has always been there .
And hey, Danes don't drink and drive, they drink and drink!
Old 17 Feb 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3369411)   #669
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
With more people also comes more riffraff and thieves. Don't know if this to my liking.
There will always be a small percentage of people like that in life.

Literally anywhere you go there is a chance of being robbed.

Don't let it affect your enjoyment.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3369412)   #670
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
The Drivers'parade comes back to "la place des jacobins" and the scrutineering will stay at the same place than last year: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...-aux-jacobins/ sorry only in french
I think it's a shame scruteneering doesn't also move back to Jacobins, loved it more on that site. It was more accessible, especially the on and off loading of the cars.
If I knew how to add a picture I could show it, but I think we all know the pictures from Audi offloading the car surrounded by hundreds/thousends off fans.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3369417)   #671
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Completely wrong!

...... There are usually drunken Dutch,too
Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3369431)   #672
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I think it's a shame scruteneering doesn't also move back to Jacobins, loved it more on that site. It was more accessible, especially the on and off loading of the cars.
If I knew how to add a picture I could show it, but I think we all know the pictures from Audi offloading the car surrounded by hundreds/thousends off fans.
Because of the tram's works The area has decreased and the rails cross through the place . Some pictures in july: http://www.ouest-france.fr/le-mans-t...de-tram-418252. I'll go to take some on wednesday or in the week-end.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3369437)   #673
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Well that is perhaps a little hard on Mr Webbers formula 1 fans but perhaps reflects on those Porsche fans, only joking by the way
Old 18 Feb 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3369530)   #674
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The Gravel traps has always been there .
And hey, Danes don't drink and drive, they drink and drink!
Do you know how long? Last time I camped there was '06 and there were no gravel traps. Do people just camp on them anyway?

It was perhaps unfair of me to accuse the Danes of doing anything other than drinking and drinking...and drinking a bit more.

My abiding memory of that site is being driven at by various 2-stroke engined vehicles throughout the week.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3369612)   #675
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Do you know how long? Last time I camped there was '06 and there were no gravel traps. Do people just camp on them anyway?

It was perhaps unfair of me to accuse the Danes of doing anything other than drinking and drinking...and drinking a bit more.

My abiding memory of that site is being driven at by various 2-stroke engined vehicles throughout the week.
At least the last 2 years, where I have been going. I always end up with gravel in my shoes from being there .

Yep, those 2-stroke engined-somethings are quite annoying!, but ok, so is drunken danes