Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3410964)   #976
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
He will also be surprised at the huge numbers watching the race, compared to some of the f1 races where barely get into 5 figures let alone the hundreds of thousands at le mans
Old 28 May 2014, 01:25 (Ref:3411559)   #977
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seriously have no clue how I manage the time between races each year. And this year I've been as interested in the run-up as ever.
Old 28 May 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3411842)   #978
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The Dutch Food and Consumergoods Authority has done a test with the "spraycan" cannister-operated campingstoves.
According to them, they are a deathtrap!
When you use a too big pan/pot (which is listed in the manual as something you shouldn't do!) heat cannot escape, and the gascanister will reach temperatures of over 70 °C with the following result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMjw...ature=youtu.be

http://www.nvwa.nl/actueel/nieuws/ni...loffingsgevaar
Old 28 May 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3411854)   #979
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ruddy hell Vince we have several of those which we have used for years
Old 28 May 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3411873)   #980
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I geuss the new stuff thread will be full of new campingstoves I'll take my chances, don't come to near to my tent. Thanks for the warning.
Old 28 May 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3411930)   #981
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We use two of those for years now, never had any problems, we just use small pots and off course in the open air
Old 28 May 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3412053)   #982
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Did anyone of you use a app last year like ; le mans livetiming.
Did it work properly.
Found out it will be of no use during the race because of to many people trying to have acces on their mobile.
Did find the official ACO app launched today. It is informative BUT it would be nice if they added the entry list, scruteneering list, etc. They do promiss nice features. http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/th...746_15434.html

Last edited by whitemr2; 28 May 2014 at 21:00.
Old 31 May 2014, 22:42 (Ref:3413387)   #983
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not something I've been talking about between last year's race and this year's race, more something I've been doing to pass the time. Since November, I've been changing my avatar at the start of every month to a winning car from each decade in chronological order. It's helped with the countdown.

Just the last change to make in 20 minute's time...then it's okay to be excited.

Old 1 Jun 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3413610)   #984
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice work!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3413733)   #985
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Strong avatar work John-Mark. See you in a week and a half. Will try find you guys on Houx.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3413755)   #986
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Strong avatar work John-Mark. See you in a week and a half. Will try find you guys on Houx.
Cheers Richard. Panda's paint scheme should make us easy to spot again.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3413794)   #987
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice work John-Mark! - I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't notice, that it was that you where doing
Old 1 Jun 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3413843)   #988
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Cheers Richard. Panda's paint scheme should make us easy to spot again.
martini liveried this year ?
Old 1 Jun 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3413851)   #989
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
martini liveried this year ?
The livery will be unveiled to the assembled media in my village hall on Sunday evening.

Just waiting for DSC and Endurance-info to get back to me.

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 1 Jun 2014 at 19:34.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3413852)   #990
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope you haven't installed any potential illegal bodywork modifications........
Old 1 Jun 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3413857)   #991
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
You talking about the flexible bodywork on the rear? I can assure you, it left the factory in Turin with that plastic body panel...
Old 1 Jun 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3413887)   #992
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will it feature a Le Mans spec bodywork?
Old 1 Jun 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3413911)   #993
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are those deliberate cut-outs in the wheel arches or rust-induced.....?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3414164)   #994
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The livery will be unveiled to the assembled media in my village hall on Sunday evening.

Just waiting for DSC and Endurance-info to get back to me.
Do you have an accreditation form I can fill in for this event?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3414165)   #995
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Do you have an accreditation form I can fill in for this event?
You'll have to talk to my admin team about that sort of thing...
Old 2 Jun 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3414216)   #996
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gents:

no idea where to ask this, so this'll do. up until last year i had no dealings with the esteemed constables of the local cop shop, but in 12 months i've been nabbed twice...

i have here a notification from my hire car company dated 15th of may saying i did something naughty on the 2nd april and les flics want to shake me firmly by the wallet. it's now 2nd june, 2 clear months after the alleged offense (which i did do, i was half asleep at the time but i definitely did it).

do they have to get in touch with the registered driver of the car within a certain amount of time?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3414232)   #997
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
gents:

no idea where to ask this, so this'll do. up until last year i had no dealings with the esteemed constables of the local cop shop, but in 12 months i've been nabbed twice...

i have here a notification from my hire car company dated 15th of may saying i did something naughty on the 2nd april and les flics want to shake me firmly by the wallet. it's now 2nd june, 2 clear months after the alleged offense (which i did do, i was half asleep at the time but i definitely did it).

do they have to get in touch with the registered driver of the car within a certain amount of time?
Unfortunately there is no date for contacting the driver, i got flashed by a camera on the way back from silverstone and waited 3 weeks before breathing again ai think they must contact the owner of the car. You will have to do either the driver course or take the points i am afraid.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3414258)   #998
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
gents:

I'm not sure that they have to serve it within a particular time, but if they prosecuted you for the speeding offence, the information (or more likely now a written requisition) would need to be laid (or issued) within 6 months of the offence. The notice would presumably have been sent to the hire company as the registered keeper. They have to respond by identifying the driver to the police - hence the notice to you. They should then reply to the police and you should get a similar notice from the police asking for information to identify the driver. Responding to the 's.172' notice is important as failing to do so is in itself an offence - more serious and carrying a heavier penalty in fine and penalty points than the simple speeding.....

You must drive a little slower bella......
Old 2 Jun 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3414268)   #999
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the irony is that generally i can't afford to do anything over 110kmh anyway, except this one time at 5.30am when i needed to hustle a bit to get to the airport (and last night, to catch the 2200 ferry. but that was in a british car...)

i'll google and see if i can find out how much i'm going to get stung for. strangely i have zero points on my uk licence and haven't been done in more than a decade. this makes 6 on my shadow french one...

thanks for the info. i'm still kind of hoping they see a british address and give up, but getting my wallet out just in case
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3414273)   #1000
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
the irony is that generally i can't afford to do anything over 110kmh anyway, except this one time at 5.30am when i needed to hustle a bit to get to the airport (and last night, to catch the 2200 ferry. but that was in a british car...)

i'll google and see if i can find out how much i'm going to get stung for. strangely i have zero points on my uk licence and haven't been done in more than a decade. this makes 6 on my shadow french one...

thanks for the info. i'm still kind of hoping they see a british address and give up, but getting my wallet out just in case
Think yesterday was a bit of mini channel dash for the French police. I'm pretty sure we got flashed just outside Calais (but again, UK reg car) and purely by good observation managed to spot a patrol car SW of Boulogne in time to back off to something sensible, but it was not a leisurely transit, and while we didn't see vast numbers of other Brits liberally using afterburner, anecdote floating around the web suggests there may have been quite a few of us.