Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3544540)   #451
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Out of interest, does anyone know what parts of the track are open for pedestrians to actually get on the grey stuff on Friday & what times?
I think pedestrians can access the entire track on the Friday.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3544581)   #452
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I think pedestrians can access the entire track on the Friday.
I that is correct. I have heard and seen people running the entire lap on friday mornings. I'll do that some day when I'm fit.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3544592)   #453
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
running
ahhhhahaaa ... um... no - I'll end up expiring quicker than a Kolles not-a-lotus
Old 3 Jun 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3544593)   #454
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I that is correct. I have heard and seen people running the entire lap on friday mornings. I'll do that some day when I'm fit.
I didn't know this was possible. I may have to try it (with walking breaks in between spurts of running). Anyone else up for a run?
Old 3 Jun 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3544619)   #455
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope.

'Running'

Does not compute.

Old 3 Jun 2015, 17:34 (Ref:3544620)   #456
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Welcome to the forum, if you have a grandstand ticket you can leave it until late to take your seat, if you want to watch on the start finish line then good spots will be full quite edarly, however if you watch the start from just about anywhere else no problem, so you will have time to make the meet at 12.00 in the village.
as for going to the other viewing areas at mulsanne and arnarge, yes traffic is bad and you may need a specific car parking ticket for them. the coaches are free but can also take a long time.

As I've said quite a few times, don't be put off by 'traffic', it's not so bad if you go at quieter times especially like late at night or early on Sunday morning - but the routes aren't straight forward as certain roads are closed off by the gendarmes. Always best to have a navigator who has done it before.....
Old 3 Jun 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3544635)   #457
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i agree it is worth the trip, the straight after mulsanne is amazing as the cars flash past and arnarge when it is dusk or dark is not to be missed, go on wednesday or thursday if you can not go saturday/sunday
Old 3 Jun 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3544647)   #458
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
....both is better.....
Old 3 Jun 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3544689)   #459
JJlehto1992
Rookie

Finland
JJlehto1992 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Welcome to the forum, if you have a grandstand ticket you can leave it until late to take your seat, if you want to watch on the start finish line then good spots will be full quite edarly, however if you watch the start from just about anywhere else no problem, so you will have time to make the meet at 12.00 in the village.
as for going to the other viewing areas at mulsanne and arnarge, yes traffic is bad and you may need a specific car parking ticket for them. the coaches are free but can also take a long time.

Sorry my poor choise of words. So we have the parking ticket to Muls/Arng. Just wondering it we should leave from the tent to mulsanne like 9am. on saturday
I read the posts earlier and i think we gonna visit arnage at the latenight/morning when the sun's rising. The village, main straight, esses, dunlop bridge etc. should be ok whitout any transportations (camp. Beausejour)
Old 3 Jun 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3544702)   #460
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJlehto1992 View Post
Sorry my poor choise of words. So we have the parking ticket to Muls/Arng. Just wondering it we should leave from the tent to mulsanne like 9am. on saturday
I read the posts earlier and i think we gonna visit arnage at the latenight/morning when the sun's rising. The village, main straight, esses, dunlop bridge etc. should be ok whitout any transportations (camp. Beausejour)
It's a good idea to go off to Arnage and Mulsanne late in the night. If you go there around 11 or 12 midnight, the roads'll be packed and it'll take you hours to get there. However, when you drive off at around 2 in the morning, chances are you'll have a clean drive there. Last night we took our bike to Arnage at say 02:15 and the entire road to Arnage was earily empty...
Forget using the bus, by the way. That'll eat up many hours of deep night waiting for any return fair. A downright nightmare.

Oh, and ofcourse a warm welcome to THE sportcar/Le Mans forum. ;-)
Old 3 Jun 2015, 21:05 (Ref:3544704)   #461
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed. We normally leave the tribunes on race night to go out to Arnage somewhere around 1-2 am. We see the dawn in there and then off to Mulsanne.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3544729)   #462
JJlehto1992
Rookie

Finland
JJlehto1992 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im pleased Cant be more exited about the trip. In recent years with tv, been so frustrated for our local eurosport commentators. Just love the knowledge of british ESP and RLM.
Just one more week and ill be sitting in the middle of france with my radio-peltors on, which of course are tuned in the frequency of radio lemans, haha

Thanks for the tips!

Last edited by JJlehto1992; 3 Jun 2015 at 22:20.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3544929)   #463
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I didn't know this was possible. I may have to try it (with walking breaks in between spurts of running). Anyone else up for a run?
Yeah I am Scott.

However, I am not that sure that the whole track is open for pedestrians. When the pit is open, the rest of the track is closed from Dunlop bridge to the pit exit.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 15:18 (Ref:3544932)   #464
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know who's driving the McLarens on the Saturday yet?

Just 38 hours to go before my second Le Mans Adventure begins! So looking forward to it but first a 14 hour drive down to Dover.
Old 4 Jun 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3544933)   #465
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Also didn't know that this was possible, but sounds like it would be fun. Not sure how much will be a run but I'll do my best
Old 8 Jun 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3546259)   #466
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Does anyone know who's driving the McLarens on the Saturday yet?

Just 38 hours to go before my second Le Mans Adventure begins! So looking forward to it but first a 14 hour drive down to Dover.
I know all three of the 95 Le Mans winners are planned to be driving, Dalmas in the P1 GTR, the 650Ss will be driven by their owners.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3570737)   #467
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

For 2016, I have managed to upgrade my faithful 2 man tent to a 4 berth caravan with a wine cellar and helipad.

My question is, does anyone know the cost of a pitch with electrical hook up in the Houx campsite please ?
Old 2 Sep 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3570761)   #468
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Aco price was 95 euro.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3570765)   #469
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire

Thank you very much. I'll book it in November.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3570775)   #470
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Get in quick as the houx site will sell out very quickly and usually gone by the time the non members can get access, so join ACO, the discounts for race and camping tickets will help offset the cost
Old 2 Sep 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3570780)   #471
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire

I am an ACO member, in fact I am 2 members !
Old 3 Sep 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3571138)   #472
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I get a card each year for my wife as well as me.......
Old 3 Sep 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3571145)   #473
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i get an additional card for the wife, Helen uses it and i have got Kevin in with it after claiming he was my other half, Gillian can be a male name, a couple of years ago, they barely batted an eyelid just gave him a wrist band.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 06:42 (Ref:3572086)   #474
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
i get an additional card for the wife, Helen uses it and i have got Kevin in with it after claiming he was my other half, Gillian can be a male name, a couple of years ago, they barely batted an eyelid just gave him a wrist band.
I guess you were wearing the hat that day Simon to help portray the right image.....
Old 7 Sep 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3572150)   #475
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think the hat does rather show an eccentric side so the french just do not bother to argue.
Closed Thread