Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3652276)   #701
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the old guy on Eurosport right now. He loves talking about the old days and talks as if 1968 was yesterday.

Plus he sounds like Brian Butterfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtF3_ybJJ50
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:42 (Ref:3652498)   #702
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry if it has been asked but I'm having a hard time finding it... Does anyone know if there is a gap in Fox Sports coverage for the duration? Looking at the posted schedule, I shouldn't be watching now. Just trying to prepare for what's ahead!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:52 (Ref:3652506)   #703
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Sorry if it has been asked but I'm having a hard time finding it... Does anyone know if there is a gap in Fox Sports coverage for the duration? Looking at the posted schedule, I shouldn't be watching now. Just trying to prepare for what's ahead!
FOX has screwed the pooch today. Nothing is really matching up and due to them picking up the Copa and UFC, I got nothing. The Ustream froze 45 mins ago, so the 64 singing around the circuit with RLM and some women fighting is what I got!

Edit: Now women are fighting on both FS1 and FS2. great.....
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:52 (Ref:3652508)   #704
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The truck race is overtime so they bumped UFC and UFC bumped LM to FSGo. Once they go back to LM it should be on until the end, FS2 until 230 then FS1 until the end. Think they got the whole third round in at the US Open so no need for FS1 coverage tomorrow morning

Should be back now, trucks are done
Old 19 Jun 2016, 02:57 (Ref:3652513)   #705
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The truck race is overtime so they bumped UFC and UFC bumped LM to FSGo. Once they go back to LM it should be on until the end, FS2 until 230 then FS1 until the end. Think they got the whole third round in at the US Open so no need for FS1 coverage tomorrow morning

Circuits crossed in the FOX double wide. Same UFC fight on FS1 and FS2.

Edit. fixed
Old 19 Jun 2016, 03:29 (Ref:3652533)   #706
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Circuits crossed in the FOX double wide. Same UFC fight on FS1 and FS2.

Edit. fixed

I'm going to say it again, but $10 for the WEC stream is well worth it. No commercials and good quality, plus it is castable to tv from phone/tablet or you can connect a laptop.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 03:34 (Ref:3652534)   #707
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

I'm going to say it again, but $10 for the WEC stream is well worth it. No commercials and good quality, plus it is castable to tv from phone/tablet or you can connect a laptop.
Or you can watch the WEC stream via a couple different online sources for $0, because $10 is about $9.75 too much for these troglodyte commentators.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 03:36 (Ref:3652537)   #708
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Or you can watch the WEC stream via a couple different online sources for $0, because $10 is about $9.75 too much for these troglodyte commentators.
Hence i have it on mute and stream RLM to please the ears and mind!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 03:39 (Ref:3652540)   #709
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Only WEC race I really watch is this one and this was the only break in coverage I had all day. Just so happens when I have the chance to REALLY watch.

Ustream has minimal ad breaks and mostly reliable. And free.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 04:02 (Ref:3652551)   #710
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I dont think the Radio Le Mans guys spend enough time talking about the GTE race.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 04:23 (Ref:3652567)   #711
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I dont think the Radio Le Mans guys spend enough time talking about the GTE race.
There's very little on the GTam and P2 as well.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3652665)   #712
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Thanks bud, hope you're doing well!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 06:36 (Ref:3652673)   #713
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

I get all of the WEC races on my cable package, except for Le Mans, so I don't really have a reason to do it. Foxsportsgo has been aight for me, though.

Funny that I can see WEC and don't watch it and want to watch IMSA but can't see it.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 10:29 (Ref:3652879)   #714
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I get all of the WEC races on my cable package, except for Le Mans, so I don't really have a reason to do it. Foxsportsgo has been aight for me, though.

Funny that I can see WEC and don't watch it and want to watch IMSA but can't see it.
You can buy single races on the WEC site.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 15:54 (Ref:3653455)   #715
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good though of the app to require updates while at the circuit for the second year running..... As last year, I had to update just before the start of the first qualifying - which with poor connectivity took an hour. Fortunately the next update came on Friday evening when I was away from the circuit with free wifi......
Old 19 Jun 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3653598)   #716
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Eurosport is just... sigh.

Its comforting in some way that things don't change, like the inept nature of how this channel operates. I mean its really a feat, like i'm impressed that they haven't been figured out yet and have kept up this charade for this long.

The broadcasting / scheduling aside, Martin Haven is what makes it watchable, the man is a genius and I can listen to him for hours and can make even the dullest moments witty and interesting. The man has so much quality it should embarrass a channel like Eurosport.

I will give Eurosport some credit for the sheer number of hours that they devote to the race now though, I really can't argue with that, I remember going back 10 years, you would have gaps of more than an hour long where they would be showing other programmes, so in terms of that aspect, its much improved, which I am grateful for.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 07:16 (Ref:3653754)   #717
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hence i have it on mute and stream RLM to please the ears and mind!

I prefered to listen to the guys on the stream.

I used to love RLM team, but it is now so full of PR, self-promotion. I know they need money, but it is becoming unlistenable to me. They seem to really follow the action less and less.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 12:47 (Ref:3653826)   #718
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefvh View Post
I prefered to listen to the guys on the stream.

I used to love RLM team, but it is now so full of PR, self-promotion. I know they need money, but it is becoming unlistenable to me. They seem to really follow the action less and less.
This year was fine. Few wee ads and sponsored segments but not too terrible. It was a significant improvement over last year where it seemed that Nissan had spent so much money on different sites that nobody was willing to say what everybody was thinking.

I was very happy with RLM this year and loved that they provided a stream with a timer so it could be synced to other videos!
Old 20 Jun 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3653838)   #719
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This year was fine. Few wee ads and sponsored segments but not too terrible. It was a significant improvement over last year where it seemed that Nissan had spent so much money on different sites that nobody was willing to say what everybody was thinking.

I was very happy with RLM this year and loved that they provided a stream with a timer so it could be synced to other videos!
You're right, the only ads I remember were on the hourly updates. I also thought they did a good job rotating announcers.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3653840)   #720
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
What I don't like about the hourly updates / sponsored content or even just interviews during an ongoing race is that even if meteor dropped from the sky (some major event in the race) the update, ad or interview wouldn't be stopped.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3653850)   #721
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the replay only available in the app? Nothing on the website? My ipad and samsung tv aren't the best of buddies.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3653854)   #722
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Is the replay only available in the app? Nothing on the website? My ipad and samsung tv aren't the best of buddies.
Yes...

...unless the links are extraced from the app.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/17586670/

Open the URLs (copy & paste the URL, don't save the file) in almost any media player or browser with HLS/m3u8 support (Edge/Safari, on Android most most browsers, on iOS probably Safari).
Old 20 Jun 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3653857)   #723
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Yes...

...unless the links are extraced from the app.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/17586670/

Open the URLs (copy & paste the URL, don't save the file) in almost any media player or browser with HLS/m3u8 support (Edge/Safari, on Android most most browsers, on iOS probably Safari).
Thanks... but I found an alternative source. A shame that they've made this a bit difficult.

And btw I don't know who were the commentators on the official stream, but I thought they were pretty good.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 00:24 (Ref:3654007)   #724
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just checked what our national TV broadcaster YLE (think Finnish equivalent of BBC) had to say about Le Mans in their annual and only non-F1/WRC/MotoGP motorsports related news story of the year:

"Traditional Le Mans 24 Hours ended dramatically. Porsche took the lead only 3 minutes before the end when the first-placed Toyota broke off. The victory in the endurance race would have been the first for the Japanese team. For Porsche it was already 18th."

That was all for this year Funny not even mention of Finnish drivers, usually there's been some brief off-remark (without pictures) like "Toni Vilander won the GT class"
Old 21 Jun 2016, 00:50 (Ref:3654014)   #725
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I guess they were probably busy focusing on Baku coverage. Was Bottas or Kimi(is he still there?) any good?

Anyway, I only watched the initial 3 hours and I can't blame people for not liking LM(I read some F1 fans saying LM is boring because there is barely any overtakings on it) as there is really very few action going on. It's more an event for people that like to watch cars lapping on a peculiar track