Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4160076)   #101
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://youtu.be/x_bn3038zD4
Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4160078)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I was wondering is this the same ride height check we used to see years ago with the small light pointing at the floor.
Correct, laser pointed at the ground plus data recorder. But if they have a connection with the suspension elements its another story, we call that suspension active. In this case, is it legal or not?
One example: https://www.ngk.com/suspension-ride-...do-they-work-3
Old 5 Jun 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4160082)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you wonder what the driver/competitor receives to confirm a penalty for track limits abusing:
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...20Car%2013.pdf
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...20Car%2045.pdf
"Not subjet to appeal" of course.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4160101)   #104
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see from Youtube that the #88 Porsche actually returned to the pits on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIrMn8b55qM
Old 5 Jun 2023, 18:37 (Ref:4160114)   #105
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Collecting experience… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vfr44Qgum4
Old 6 Jun 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4160252)   #106
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
"IDEC Sport’s sporting director Nicolas Minassian expressed disappointed in the teams that were penalized. “There is nothing else more accurate in terms of developing a car than putting on a laser,” he told Sportscar365. “Now, they’ve got the information. They have cheated for the race already.”"

From https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...y-notebook-10/
Old 6 Jun 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4160254)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for the useful link, skycafe. I wonder how this is posible: "Goodyear has introduced a racing tire with the first real-time intelligence capability to record tire pressure and temperature, which are outfitted on the NASCAR Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. A passive, non-battery, sensor is cured into the tire during production that provides real-time tire data to Hendrick Motorsports." Anything they want, they invent!
Old 6 Jun 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4160265)   #108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thanks for the useful link, skycafe. I wonder how this is posible: "Goodyear has introduced a racing tire with the first real-time intelligence capability to record tire pressure and temperature, which are outfitted on the NASCAR Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. A passive, non-battery, sensor is cured into the tire during production that provides real-time tire data to Hendrick Motorsports." Anything they want, they invent!
I thought that was a cool thing as well. But that is what G56 is for right? There are so many rules against innovation that this is where it comes from!
Old 6 Jun 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4160266)   #109
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
]Anything they want, they invent!

Well, Racing is the great proving ground. As this is new tech it from Good Year, and they are tech partners with G56, Nascar, Hendrick, and it is the only car in its class, it is s perfect testbed for this new tech as it will not alter any other car's race.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4160275)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes joeb and skycafe, I see you both remember that Le Mans was an opportunity to test new developments/cars/whatever. A kind of rolling laboratory. I was there in '80: https://www.endurance-info.com/class...it-le-groupe-4 Not my 911, but I did know quite well all the people involved in the project.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4160292)   #111
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Gerard C! Thanks, that is awesome!