Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Apr 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2678430)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If they last that long they will undoubtedly call it a major success
Old 23 Apr 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2678499)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, but Allon's new LMP2 will blow everyone out of the water.......
Old 23 Apr 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2678500)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, but Allon's new LMP2 will blow everyone out of the water.......
I am not sure it meets the weight restrictions
Old 23 Apr 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2678531)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You think it needs ballast then.......?

Old 23 Apr 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2678534)   #55
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Nah, it needs to fire its ballast away, preferably towards garages infested by lazy teams.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2680131)   #56
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Driving down with Hursty and his bro-in-law. Late night Dover ferry on Wednesday night so hopefully arriving Arnage campsite mid-morning Thursday. Another mate coming via Oberammergau Passion Play in Germany (no really, a treat for his mother). She gets dumped at a Easyjet airport between Oberwhatsit and Le Mans and he joins us on Thursday pm at Arnage. We may have another unexpected member to our party, but for now lips are sealed. Late night ferry on the Sunday to return.
And I can now reveal that Craig IS joining our party! I have managed to squeeze him into my Pug 908 HDi (307!), and added him to the ferry booking.
So thats four of us at Arnage, with three of us excluding my bro-in-law, from my original trip in 2005. Great news!
Old 26 Apr 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2680149)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now that is good news!
Old 26 Apr 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2680226)   #58
David Morton
Rookie

David Morton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going directly from Spa on Monday 10th May, Parking Merc van and trailer and then TGV into Paris for a night out, Flying CDG TO LHR on Tuesday 11th and having the rest of the month off. Returning on Monday 7th June in Ford Explorer over Dunkirque arriving Monday evening, Dinner and a few beers in Arnage. Leaving following Monday and going via Sacy near Riems for resupply and then onto Dunkirque for 2001 sailing.
I never said it would be simple.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2680503)   #59
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Just to clarify the LMP I am studying in the photo is actually named 'Henri's Revenge' and is a late entry for Pescarolo, just in case they really are gangsters who have taken his team away from him.
Old 6 May 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2685510)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, it's exactly one calendar month today until Ayse and I leave for Le Mans.........have to say I'm more excited about this year's trip than I have been for a number of years. Really can't wait!
Old 6 May 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2685546)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

That definitely goes for me too!!
Old 7 May 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2685853)   #62
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

That definitely goes for me too!!
Bentley has told you about his plans to leave early on the Sunday to avoid the jams hasn't he?
Old 7 May 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2685869)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Bentley has told you about his plans to leave early on the Sunday to avoid the jams hasn't he?
I have heard that the traffic is very light around 2.30 in the afternoon.
Old 7 May 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2686107)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Old 8 May 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2686591)   #65
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Chef

A couple of months ago I was resigning myself to having to spend June at home, but now:

Outbound Le Shuttle 06:20 Thursday

Camping in the peace and quiet of the Sarthe Countryside, far from the madd(en)ing crowd, cooking for around 15 people and enjoying every minute of it, consuming too much wine and "16", roast beef on Sunday.

Inbound: Le Shuttle pm, Monday

Oh - and somebody mentioned there's a race going on in the vicinity that I might take a look at if I can find time. (But don't tell Ayse - I'll be excommunicated for my heretical views!)
Old 12 May 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2688965)   #66
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
A couple of months ago I was resigning myself to having to spend June at home, but now:

Outbound Le Shuttle 06:20 Thursday

Camping in the peace and quiet of the Sarthe Countryside, far from the madd(en)ing crowd, cooking for around 15 people and enjoying every minute of it, consuming too much wine and "16", roast beef on Sunday.

Inbound: Le Shuttle pm, Monday

Oh - and somebody mentioned there's a race going on in the vicinity that I might take a look at if I can find time. (But don't tell Ayse - I'll be excommunicated for my heretical views!)
There will be two more Rosbifs close by, waiting for that Sunday roast aroma to waft by .
My father and I will definitely call in and say 'Hi' this year .

Ferry is now booked at last, 9 am Wednesday morning going out and 18.00hrs Monday return.
Look out for a 69 year old ex-race-instructor-come-superkart-driver-now 1938 Trawler owner (my dad)! At the wheel of a dated Renault Scenic complete with top box

Cheers Paul.
Old 12 May 2010, 06:12 (Ref:2689026)   #67
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
There will be two more Rosbifs close by, waiting for that Sunday roast aroma to waft by .
My father and I will definitely call in and say 'Hi' this year .

Ferry is now booked at last, 9 am Wednesday morning going out and 18.00hrs Monday return.
Look out for a 69 year old ex-race-instructor-come-superkart-driver-now 1938 Trawler owner (my dad)! At the wheel of a dated Renault Scenic complete with top box

Cheers Paul.
I'll be pleased to see you. First arrivals expected early/mid afternoon Thursday in Mondeo and Chrysler Grand Voyager; followed later by Volvo Estate and Ford Focus. All being well, the 9m x 3m gazebo will be with us again - I hope it will be needed to keep the sun off my balding head!
Old 12 May 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2689208)   #68
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just booked my tunnel crossing. Out Wednesday, back Monday.

Need to find all my camping gear now.
Old 12 May 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2689228)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Just booked my tunnel crossing. Out Wednesday, back Monday.

Need to find all my camping gear now.
Like mine it will be in a pile somewhere in the loft with the dirt from last year and a few dead french insects like the british sun it comes out but once a year. But as atreat this year it will get used for the classic aswell
Old 12 May 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2689240)   #70
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Like mine it will be in a pile somewhere in the loft with the dirt from last year and a few dead french insects like the british sun it comes out but once a year. But as atreat this year it will get used for the classic aswell
Some years ago, a member of our group unearthed his camping gear ready for the trip and discovered, in the bottom of his sleeping bag, one pair of socks that hadn't seen daylight for eleven months and two weeks.
Old 12 May 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2689295)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Some years ago, a member of our group unearthed his camping gear ready for the trip and discovered, in the bottom of his sleeping bag, one pair of socks that hadn't seen daylight for eleven months and two weeks.

Ewwww. Seriously gross. Was there a good crop on them?

Quote:
I hope it will be needed to keep the sun off my balding head!
Now, you know better than that by now! There is no hoping involved in this. It will be hot and sunny through the week (notice my emphasis on the week now... ). The power of thought of the entire Le Mans sub-forum is brought into play here. All chant after me -

'It will be hot and sunny,
It will be hot and sunny....'

As many times as you're able, perhaps even in tune with a good song, may I suggest 'Sunny Afternoon' by the Kinks?

There's a good game - Le Mans sunny weather tunes anybody?)
Old 12 May 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2689427)   #72
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Ewwww. Seriously gross. Was there a good crop on them?

I never enquired, but the same person was also plagued by a weird, increasingly pervasive smell in his car after his return from LM. It took him over two weeks to find the Munster cheese that someone else had hidden under the back seat of his car....

Now, you know better than that by now! There is no hoping involved in this. It will be hot and sunny through the week (notice my emphasis on the week now... ). The power of thought of the entire Le Mans sub-forum is brought into play here. All chant after me -

'It will be hot and sunny,
It will be hot and sunny....'

As many times as you're able, perhaps even in tune with a good song, may I suggest 'Sunny Afternoon' by the Kinks?

There's a good game - Le Mans sunny weather tunes anybody?)
There was that John Denver song from a few decades ago:

Sunshine at Arnage can make me happy
Sunshine at Mulsanne can make me cry
Sunshine on the GTs looks so lovely
Sunshine at Le Mans just makes me high.

I have a feeling that this thread may get out of hand
Old 12 May 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2689445)   #73
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can beat the odd socks!!!!

I put up my inherited tent the first year i went to discover dad had left his underpants it it from the previous year!!!!
Old 13 May 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2689614)   #74
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
I can beat the odd socks!!!!

I put up my inherited tent the first year i went to discover dad had left his underpants it it from the previous year!!!!
Be thankful he wasn't still wearing them
Old 13 May 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2689615)   #75
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
There was that John Denver song from a few decades ago:

Sunshine at Arnage can make me happy
Sunshine at Mulsanne can make me cry
Sunshine on the GTs looks so lovely
Sunshine at Le Mans just makes me high.

I have a feeling that this thread may get out of hand
Then there's one for Friday evening: Barbra Streisand's "Don't rain on my parade"