Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4158920)   #3126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Several years ago, I got my SLR camera out a few days before Le Mans to take a couple of quick shots of something. Nothing. Turned out the shutter had failed. I sourced a replacement just in time.

This morning, I thought I'd format the SD cards I'm taking this year as they still had all of the photos from last year on them. Turned the camera on - dead. Replaced the batteries - still dead. Replaced the batteries a third time (I have six) and after thinking about it, the camera finally came alive. With just 5 days before I leave for Le Mans, boy was I relieved....

It has been quite a while since I've used it. And I'm sure two of the batteries which I tried I charged 2-3 months ago. I've never known these batteries to drain out like this before - they normally hold some charge at least for a long long time. Unless there was some glitch in the camera which eventually righted itself?
Old 31 May 2023, 08:04 (Ref:4158921)   #3127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a spare 7D Mk 1 which I know works. I can bring it with me next week just in case. I have spare cards for it too.
Old 31 May 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4158923)   #3128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got an old 20D body - somewhere, although I don't recall now where it went when we moved house last year! All seems well now and I'm busily charging batteries which were clearly completely flat. Happier than I was an hour or so ago!
Old 31 May 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4158928)   #3129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does anyone know if Autosport will be doing their usual guide this year? Am I right in thinking that it should be issued tomorrow? Or next week?
Old 31 May 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4158929)   #3130
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've got an old 20D body - somewhere, although I don't recall now where it went when we moved house last year! All seems well now and I'm busily charging batteries which were clearly completely flat. Happier than I was an hour or so ago!
OK, I'll bring the spare anyway, just in case.
Old 31 May 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4158930)   #3131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Peter.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 10:01 (Ref:4159089)   #3132
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Does anyone know if Autosport will be doing their usual guide this year? Am I right in thinking that it should be issued tomorrow? Or next week?
I bought my copy this morning. Haven't looked at it yet - and probably won't until I get back. I don't expect it to contain anything I don't know already. But as I have them all going back to 1986, it'll go in the collection.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4159111)   #3133
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I bought my copy this morning. Haven't looked at it yet - and probably won't until I get back. I don't expect it to contain anything I don't know already. But as I have them all going back to 1986, it'll go in the collection.
Does it include the Guide Ayse ? If so, i'll run down and get a copy. If it's next thursday, it'll be a bit late.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4159113)   #3134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes it does.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4159129)   #3135
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it does.
Great, many thanks, i'll go and get a copy. Have a great time over there.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4159130)   #3136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Cheers!
Old 1 Jun 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4159145)   #3137
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And just to prove that the ACO can organise things i got an email today telling me my membership runs out 31st July and suggesting i renew now.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4159149)   #3138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, mine runs out at the end of June but I had that email a month ago.... I guess that's how they set the reminders.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4159151)   #3139
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
will renew it in August or Septemebr that way i get an extra month need ro renew it before the ticketing opens for 2024
Old 2 Jun 2023, 07:24 (Ref:4159240)   #3140
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
One of the things that I've noticed over the last few months is just how good this place is. Ten Tenths, I mean. I think we're entitled to blow our own trumpets.

Due to the tickets debacle this year I've spent quite a lot of time visiting a couple of other boards, one of which is virtually 'dead' in comparison. I know I'm a moderator here so I'm naturally biased, but we have the best resource and communication device anywhere on the net here..... (and without all of the utter tripe that you get on other social media!)...
Old 2 Jun 2023, 07:33 (Ref:4159243)   #3141
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Clearly some BoP (Balance of Posters) is required to even the playing field.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4159244)   #3142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Or in my case, from year to year, we can just as some more weight penalties..... If I had any grandkids I would definitely be 'grandfathered'!
Old 2 Jun 2023, 07:50 (Ref:4159247)   #3143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Scrutineering. Having been to scrutineering in the town 10 times it has always been my understanding that it is a weighing and measuring exercise, largely for 'show' - for the entertainment of the spectators and that the more detailed and technical side of scrutineering is done back at the circuit. Does anyone know if that's right?
Old 2 Jun 2023, 08:22 (Ref:4159256)   #3144
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Scrutineering. Having been to scrutineering in the town 10 times it has always been my understanding that it is a weighing and measuring exercise, largely for 'show' - for the entertainment of the spectators and that the more detailed and technical side of scrutineering is done back at the circuit. Does anyone know if that's right?
I'm pretty sure the weighing and measuring in town are real. I've seen multiple times cars leaving Place de Republique with an ACO checklist under the wiper with things that had to be changed and the new date/time for scrutineering at the track.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4159257)   #3145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh I think they're for real, never doubted that, but there is more to scrutineering than just weighing and measuring isn't there?

Perhaps I read something somewhere that was wrong and I took it to be accurate.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4159267)   #3146
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The FIA has two types of scrutineering, technical and safety. Technical covers weight, dimensions, power system etc. Safety covers seats, overalls, extinguishers, belts etc. Whenever I've done FIA events they do this in two separate areas, or two different teams visit your paddock/pit.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:51 (Ref:4159276)   #3147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's what I thought Peter. When the cars go through the scrutineering in the town I guess they're up on the high lifts for about 15 minutes each, although there are two stages that you can observe. It never struck me as being long enough for much more than weight and dimensions....?
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:03 (Ref:4159280)   #3148
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Watching the feed now, boy have TF sport got sponsorship from an orange juice seller, not seen anything that orange since the old jaffa globe cars from the seventies
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:09 (Ref:4159281)   #3149
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's what I thought Peter. When the cars go through the scrutineering in the town I guess they're up on the high lifts for about 15 minutes each, although there are two stages that you can observe. It never struck me as being long enough for much more than weight and dimensions....?
Scrutineering must be a lot simpler these days with homologated cars. 24 Orecas rolling through rather than a bunch of hacks built in a shed etc
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4159283)   #3150
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There is that of course!