Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Dec 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3347661)   #626
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I have to concur with Gingers4 here, not the most pleasant time at the moment, but enough highlights to make it OK-ish, and one of those highlights is a bunch of nice like-minded folk
So not to get all sentimental and soaky-eyed, merry Christmas to all of you!

Old 24 Dec 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3347666)   #627
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year . Hope that everyone find time for Relaxing . For next Year I wish everyone that he will find enough time to visit a lot of Races . Hope to see everybody back in Le Mans
Old 24 Dec 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3347683)   #628
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Christmas always a stressful time for many, this household included, but 2012 and 2013 Duke reviews downloaded today (25% off) which should soften the blow, wine's open, fire's lit, and most of the prepositioning for tomorrow's chaos sorted.

Currently hoping to make it to a decent number of WEC and ELMS rounds in 2014 so looking forward to catching up with a few familiar names over the course of the year, as well, of course, as the usual good quality conversation on here.

Goes without saying that Merry Christmas is wished to everyone on here - you're all much appreciated as sometimes virtual / sometimes meatspace company.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3347685)   #629
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have a good one everyone!

See you at Silverstone, Le Mans and maybe a few British GT rounds next year!

Won't be long until we're in 2014 and we all know how much easier that makes things.
Old 25 Dec 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3347708)   #630
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas too all of you!
Soon people won't look weird on us when talking about this years Le Mans race! (Le Mans calendar instead of the Gregorian)
Old 25 Dec 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3347738)   #631
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And a very merry christmas to all on the forum, see you all in 2014
Old 25 Dec 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3347803)   #632
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas to all of you
Old 25 Dec 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3347831)   #633
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
2007, I reckon.

Not far out.
Their last year was 2008.

A very Happy Christmas everyone!

Last edited by Kpy; 25 Dec 2013 at 18:50. Reason: addition
Old 25 Dec 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3347834)   #634
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Happy holidays to everyone. And in a week's time, we can all say "See you at Le Mans later this year!".
Old 25 Dec 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3347877)   #635
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Happy holidays to everyone. And in a week's time, we can all say "See you at Le Mans later this year!".
Victor, Victor, Victor - you disappoint me.
Are you saying your year doesn't go from June to June?. It's been this years Le Mans ever since the checkered flag at Le Mans 2013
Old 26 Dec 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3347907)   #636
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Just a few more hours until I ditch the Santa avatar. Merry Christmas.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3349515)   #637
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well as no one else has said it yet. See you all at this years race
Old 1 Jan 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3349516)   #638
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Astonishing that it has taken so long for one of us to say that! Well done Simon!
Old 2 Jan 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3349610)   #639
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It has been very quiet on this part of the forum over the holiday period
Old 2 Jan 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3349670)   #640
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well as no one else has said it yet. See you all at this years race
Counting weeks now instead of months, only 24 to start. The magic figure.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3350658)   #641
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit late, but happy new regs everyone.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3358366)   #642
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The biggest reason I want Toyota to win this year.

This collection is going to start becoming a bit one-dimensional.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3363595)   #643
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For a similar reason, i'd like Porsche to win. They were a big part of Group C that i grew up with, but i have never seen a Porsche win Le Mans. I was taken by my Dad in 1988, but then never went under my own steam until 2000, and have been back every year bar 1 since, so i have seen Jaguar, Audi, Bentley & Peugeout win overall, but never Porsche. I won't be disappointed with a Toyota win either though, i just would prefer Porsche.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3363842)   #644
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Audi again proves they are the best I can live with that. However I'm ready for a good fight over 1st position between Audi, Toyota and Porsche. Would it not be great to have them all three on the podium? My bets are on Toyota this year.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3364583)   #645
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want a good competition between the teams for as long as possible..........then a Porsche Mark Webber win
Old 5 Feb 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3364587)   #646
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
What on earth possessed me to read around page 45-50 of the LM 2013 race thread? It was about that time that Aston Martin announced the news nobody wanted to hear... and it took me back to the campsite and hearing the news on the radio, and the stone that dropped in my stomach at that moment. I think I wondered around the place for about 2 hours before actually realizing what had happened.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3364590)   #647
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
What on earth possessed me to read around page 45-50 of the LM 2013 race thread? It was about that time that Aston Martin announced the news nobody wanted to hear... and it took me back to the campsite and hearing the news on the radio, and the stone that dropped in my stomach at that moment. I think I wondered around the place for about 2 hours before actually realizing what had happened.
I certainly don't want to read those pages.
I remember going around the old Kart pits at the time. Hearing Hindy reading the message, stopped me completely until he was done.
Then I tried to distract myself with taking a few photographs, until I heard 3 "young" danes, laughing, drinking beer and watching the race - I couldn't help myself from sharing the sad news. (didn't seem to have an effect on them)
Old 6 Feb 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3364998)   #648
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We (James, Tony and I) didn't know. We were still in T17 and had all 'taken our ears off'. Chris (Kpy) came over and asked if we'd heard the news.......
Old 6 Feb 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3365051)   #649
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
There will genuinely have been people who watched the entire race and went home without knowing.
Old 6 Feb 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3365066)   #650
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
There will genuinely have been people who watched the entire race and went home without knowing.
Almost certainly, and while we can all shake our heads in bewilderment, it's still easy enough to do.

As recently as 2012 my radio refused point-blank to pick up RLM at Spa and while I'd periodically bludgeon my way through the French commentary for the most part of the race I ambled about the track to a large part unaware of what exactly was happening, who was where, and why anything was happening. It must be said I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and in having a whole array of rapportage to catch up on when I got back to the hotel that evening added to it all.

I've had similar experiences at Le Mans - trying to figure out why the safety car's came out etc when not perpetually plugged in. Being somewhere and not knowing something somehow strikes me as being perhaps more reflective of the majority of the sport's history, not something to be chosen for most of us, but equally perhaps not something to denigrate too vigorously.

Last edited by isynge; 6 Feb 2014 at 23:37. Reason: grammar