Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3453966)   #1101
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
And I agree Simmi, just wanted to poke a bit to John-Mark

I still believe you can sneak off to Le Mans! We need a Martini livered car at Le Mans! (even though it's just a Panda )
Even if I don't make next year, I've got something special planned for my transport in 2016.

But I'm keeping my cards close to my chest.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3453981)   #1102
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wait, how does Chiana end up being one of the (slighly) less pessimistic for once
Old 16 Sep 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3453998)   #1103
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping for one or two additional privateers for next year, but the question is: where would that leave P2?

10-12 factory P1
3-6 privateer P1
1 G56

So that would leave 14 places at best and 9 places at worst for LMP2 if they want to keep the 28/28 split between protos and GTs. Definitely too few when most of ELMS and maybe a few TUSC teams are hoping for an entry. I hope they reduce the amount of GTE Am cars in favour of more prototypes.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3454001)   #1104
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Few years ago when P1 bloomed in the twenties and there were plenty of P2s as well they just reduced the GT count instead of proto sacrifices. Which in the present BoP mess environment I REALLY wouldn't mind.

Old 17 Sep 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3454422)   #1105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
I'm hoping for one or two additional privateers for next year, but the question is: where would that leave P2?

10-12 factory P1
3-6 privateer P1
1 G56

So that would leave 14 places at best and 9 places at worst for LMP2 if they want to keep the 28/28 split between protos and GTs. Definitely too few when most of ELMS and maybe a few TUSC teams are hoping for an entry. I hope they reduce the amount of GTE Am cars in favour of more prototypes.
That would certainly suit me......
Old 17 Sep 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3454432)   #1106
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely though Le Mans has to remain as a target 'prize' for anything not WEC - i.e. not all invitational entries? Something for teams to lust after....
Old 17 Sep 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3454479)   #1107
Deleted
Veteran

Updates for the list after E-I rumour mill (however seriously suggested):
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/pro...f-a-lhoirizon/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So speaking of P1 entries for next year... who do we expect

Quaranteed

H Audi Sport Team Joest I
H Audi Sport Team Joest II
H Porsche Team I
H Porsche Team II
H Toyota Racing I
H Toyota Racing II
H Nissan Motorsports I
H Nissan Motorsports II
L Rebellion Racing I
L Rebellion Racing II
L Lotus

Almost quaranteed

H Audi Sport Team Joest III
H Nissan Motorsports III

Possibilities

H Porsche Team III
H Toyota Racing III
L SARD
L Lotus II
L Oak
L Another manufacturer (not Perrinn)
I guess you could also put fourth Audi to the possibilities (if they felt the need to field four cars in '12 against two fragile debut Toyotas to secure the first hybrid win, you could think they'd be ready if everyone else starts fielding three cars as well) but let keep that one on hold

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Sep 2014 at 21:30.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3457146)   #1108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The thought of so many top category cars is exciting but I always like the fact that it is not just 1 race going on but 4 or perhaps 5 if you consider the private lmp1's
Old 24 Sep 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3457206)   #1109
Deleted
Veteran

True, however my focus has changed. In years of past it was GT1 and GT2 (and before that old GT1 and old GT2/GTS) that were the number one priority for me and LMPs were just sideshow - well of course overall victory was still interesting but you know. Now that GT has gone crap it's P1 and P2 that take my attention while GTEs are there to fill the remaining grid... Increasing factory focus is obviously helping too

Last time I truly cared about GT at LM was 2010. I guess in 2011 sort of as well but the last three years.... mehhhh
Old 24 Sep 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3457268)   #1110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've always been a prototype man and for me the emphasis should always be on them, however, in my simplistic mind, the GT battle at LM this year was a long way from having 'gone crap' - in fact, it was probably the best GT (Pro) battle I've seen at Le Mans for a number of years.....
Old 24 Sep 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3457275)   #1111
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've always been a prototype man and for me the emphasis should always be on them, however, in my simplistic mind, the GT battle at LM this year was a long way from having 'gone crap' - in fact, it was probably the best GT (Pro) battle I've seen at Le Mans for a number of years.....
I'm sure it was but I'm not interested in battles determined entirely by BoP

Probably should've emphasized IMO
Old 24 Sep 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3457284)   #1112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But others probably are. I watched a battle that was determined by close hard driving. But we have registered your 'IMO'....
Old 24 Sep 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3457295)   #1113
Deleted
Veteran

Risi Comp winning and finishing 8 laps ahead of the next F430 or Corvette Racing eventually only winning after the dominant DBR9s had broken apart is infinitely more of a battle and definition of racing to me, than some fakery entertainment show with mediocre performance cars that don't comply with the regulations. But yeah there are many cups of tea...

Anyway it's not just P1, LMP2 has been growing up on me tbh

Last edited by Deleted; 24 Sep 2014 at 18:46.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3457296)   #1114
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
In a wildly transparent attempt to break this pointless and ever-repeating and never-ending and chasing-its-own-tail discussion about BoP...

... are we keeping the same gastronomical theme to the Saturday meet-up next year? And if a certain mr M Hedlund is racing at Le Mans next year, will we be somehow able to summon him to the meet-up?
Old 24 Sep 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3457353)   #1115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Highly likely Victor - well, the food, anyway!
Old 25 Sep 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3457460)   #1116
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did you really find that Coke bottle Ayse, or is it a photoshop?
Old 25 Sep 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3457488)   #1117
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anybody a) know Andrew Howard? b) Can get him to come to Le Mans and the meet and c) ask him to bring some ice cream?

Anyone?
Old 25 Sep 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3457491)   #1118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Did you really find that Coke bottle Ayse, or is it a photoshop?

It IS real - Craig found it and sent me the pic!
Old 25 Sep 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3457576)   #1119
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Few years ago when P1 bloomed in the twenties and there were plenty of P2s as well they just reduced the GT count instead of proto sacrifices. Which in the present BoP mess environment I REALLY wouldn't mind.

I really like this graph ...

Not necessarily what it shows, as cars that I had fondness for seem to die off over time, but I do like the way the info is presented.

Thanks.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3457598)   #1120
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I really like this graph ...

Not necessarily what it shows, as cars that I had fondness for seem to die off over time, but I do like the way the info is presented.

Thanks.
I have more here
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141456

Updated irregularly but I'll get back to it sooner or later
Old 27 Sep 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3458181)   #1121
Deleted
Veteran

Have they announced the support races for 2015 yet? I mean obviously the Legends race is gonna be 1949-1965 again cause they love recycling so very very very much, but the spec series slot? In the late years it's circulated a bit

2009 - FLM/LMPC
2010 - Porsche Carrera Cup France
2011 - Ferrari Challenge Europe
2012 - Aston Martin Festival
2013 - Ferrari Challenge Europe
2014 - Porsche Carrera Cup France + other nationals
Old 27 Sep 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3458195)   #1122
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd certainly take a few years of the Carrera Cup invitational.

This year's race was incredible. Start to finish action, past and future stars. I was almost reluctant to head off to the tenths meet-up as the racing was so good.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3458272)   #1123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Carrera cup for me too please - far better than anything else we've had in recent years.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3458370)   #1124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Did not see much of this years race but as long as it is competitive and a good full grid I will be happy
Old 2 Oct 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3459645)   #1125
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone got the DVD yet? My Blu-Ray arrived today. Just watching it back now.

Same great four-hour format we've had since 2011. Beautiful HD pictures, but the RLM comms really makes it emotive and brings back a lot of memories from watching trackside.

Long may these reviews continue.