Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3644367)   #1726
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Learned that the Club Arnage Guide will be released on Friday 10th of June.
Old 27 May 2016, 03:16 (Ref:3644736)   #1727
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't particularly understand why they have to start so early on Thursday considering the FP2 for the LMP3/GT3 support won't start until 2:30 PM
The French like their little lunch break - which usually only lasts from noon to 2pm...
Old 27 May 2016, 05:44 (Ref:3644765)   #1728
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The French like their little lunch break - which usually only lasts from noon to 2pm...
You forget the nap.
Old 30 May 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3645902)   #1729
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since I cannot directly comment on the LM Predictions thread, may I say that I very much miss the opportunity to predict putting Risi Competizione (on behalf of Matteo Crashy Malucelli) as the first retirement of the race!

Even though that is actually the single car I have real want for somehow winning LMGTE, due past glory of the team.
Old 31 May 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3646071)   #1730
Deleted
Veteran

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/737552927900864516

I feel like there are a bit too many possible hashtags for Le Mans to know that this is the right one. Even that tweet is using multiple versions of it.
Old 31 May 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3646156)   #1731
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I might be imagining this, but didn't they have #24LM and #LM24 on the go last year. This was presumably the French and English versions

#hastagetiquette
Old 1 Jun 2016, 20:11 (Ref:3646419)   #1732
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

#hastagetiquette

As opposed to

#hastogettheresoon

?
Old 1 Jun 2016, 22:10 (Ref:3646441)   #1733
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Not that you can get decent internet during the race. It's like any big event the bandwidth gets sapped by the thousands of people.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3646523)   #1734
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spirit of Le Mans

Spirit of Le Mans, a new magazine about endurance and Le Mans. Four issues per year, il will be available in English too !
I will subscribe ASAP.

PS : the French magazine "Le Mans Racing" has disappeared for a while now.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3646537)   #1735
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Not that you can get decent internet during the race. It's like any big event the bandwidth gets sapped by the thousands of people.
Mobile internet has been a complete waste of time at Le Mans for quite a few years now - the downside to cheap roaming and massive adoption.

I did however notice at Silverstone WEC there were quite a few temporary cellphone masts around, and one likes to think that some of the French operators might see commercial reason / be persuaded to install a few for the week.

Equally struck that you don't have to go far to get onto another much less congested node (generally about half way to the big Carrefour) and then you get all the 4G bandwidth you could wish for...
Old 2 Jun 2016, 10:59 (Ref:3646538)   #1736
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw this video at the 24 HR website and found it
quite interesting. The subject is how the Ford GT
drivers physically prepare themselves for the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCquV3FriA
Old 2 Jun 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3646584)   #1737
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just to say, there are still a few nice people out there!

I've just received an e-mail from the landlady of the gîte I've rented this and last year in the vicinity of the Spa circuit, telling me there were some people interested in renting the gîte the first weekend of may 2017.

Landlady: 'Monsieur S., isn't this your weekend for the 6 Hours?'
Me: 'Yes it is! Please put my name down for that weekend!'

Thank you very much, Mme B.!
Old 2 Jun 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3646607)   #1738
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Get in early Vince, if you end up with spare places might even join you if you will have me
Old 2 Jun 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3646609)   #1739
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Mobile internet has been a complete waste of time at Le Mans for quite a few years now - the downside to cheap roaming and massive adoption.
I had no issues last year - uploaded videos and pictures to instagram at both the Esses at the start and Arnage in the small hours. And I took a snapchat at the warm-up on the pit-straight.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3646617)   #1740
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Get in early Vince, if you end up with spare places might even join you if you will have me
Duely noted
My dutch friends are first in line, then batmobile, kpy and you. But I think their bosses (read: OHs) will prevent a substantial part of them to go, so I think you have a great shot of securing a bunk.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3646633)   #1741
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just to say, there are still a few nice people out there!

I've just received an e-mail from the landlady of the gîte I've rented this and last year in the vicinity of the Spa circuit, telling me there were some people interested in renting the gîte the first weekend of may 2017.

Landlady: 'Monsieur S., isn't this your weekend for the 6 Hours?'
Me: 'Yes it is! Please put my name down for that weekend!'

Thank you very much, Mme B.!
She is as nice as her gîte is clean and comfortable!

Last edited by batmobile; 2 Jun 2016 at 18:29.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3646648)   #1742
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just have read that there will be more people than last year, lot of controls at the entrances so it could be difficult to bring some delicious brewerages and then cashless cards will be needed at the food shops. Take care of your change when you will get the card back at the end of the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Jun 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3646651)   #1743
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought they had dumped the use of the cashless cards Eric?????
Old 2 Jun 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3646659)   #1744
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Eric where did you get that info on the cashless cards from, i get emails from the ACO almost weekly and no mention of it on any of them
Old 2 Jun 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3646663)   #1745
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I read elsewhere (on FB) that they tried them previously (at the Truck race?) and it was such a disaster that they gave up on them. With the crowd we expect for the 24 Hours, we could all starve queuing to get cards.....
Old 2 Jun 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3646666)   #1746
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If they were intending to do it surely they would have told people by now
Old 2 Jun 2016, 21:27 (Ref:3646691)   #1747
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
I read it on facebook in a thread on facebook. To be verified. On Saturday I'll verify on the circuit.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3646696)   #1748
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Testing cashless cards in the bussiest weekend ever On LM circuit, typical Frence
Old 2 Jun 2016, 23:54 (Ref:3646707)   #1749
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I just have read that there will be more people than last year, lot of controls at the entrances so it could be difficult to bring some delicious brewerages and then cashless cards will be needed at the food shops. Take care of your change when you will get the card back at the end of the event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have read that there will be more controls at the entrance. So don't bring any glass bottle and get ready to have your bag or rucksack explored. I don't know what will be done for the contain of the cars entering camping sites.

If the cashless cards are used I will get one before the beginning of the practice sessions.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3646764)   #1750
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were some half-hearted bag searches last year at the gate between Houx and the circuit proper so it sounds like they are just ramping them up for this year.

I'm sure the cashless cards will come along sometime in the future as they are a massive benefit to the organisers - no need for each stand to deal with money, no staff pocketing the odd note, and best of all they earn thousands of Pounds/Euros/Dollars at similar events from the small amounts left over on cards at the end of the event that people can't be bothered to queue up and get refunded.