Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Aug 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3665390)   #1826
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Splendid!
Old 13 Aug 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3665487)   #1827
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post

Now imagine Le Mans without GT cars, how would that be?"[/I]

It wouldn't suit some, but as a fan brought up on Group C - it works for me.......

I'd welcome the LMP3s personally - I think they're terrific.

PS It is now exactly 300 days until my 2017 Le Mans holiday begins......
Old 13 Aug 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3665489)   #1828
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
By the way, let's try and keep this thread going - that's why I created it in the first place. Otherwise I'll have to spend months reading F1 threads.....
Old 13 Aug 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3665500)   #1829
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well how about comment on the grid prospects then
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1823

Old 14 Aug 2016, 16:15 (Ref:3665625)   #1830
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
By the way, let's try and keep this thread going - that's why I created it in the first place. Otherwise I'll have to spend months reading F1 threads.....
yes Andrew the late summer period is always a little dead for the le mans forum, but next round of the wec will be with us soon
Old 14 Aug 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3665636)   #1831
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, if you are bored, here's some reminders of this year's race. Have to say, I liked the parc ferme arrangements as it gave a chance to look round the cars in peace and quiet after the noise and drama of the race.
Enjoy and dream of 2017 !

General gallery
https://flic.kr/s/aHskySVD6Q
Gulf pit stop
https://flic.kr/s/aHskCrn93i
Atmosphere
https://flic.kr/s/aHskBFEDQC
Parc Ferme
https://flic.kr/s/aHskF1gT8L
Old 14 Aug 2016, 19:15 (Ref:3665652)   #1832
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very nice indeed!
Old 16 Aug 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3666012)   #1833
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Third Audi - extremely unlikely given the indication recently
Third Porsche - moderately unlikely given the Audi lead
Third Toyota - there's some indication of it happening but this is Toyota we're talking about so...
Second CLM - ehh
Other privateers - there's no reason for anyone to commit before 2018 (if even then)

So I guess very optimistically we can hope for 11, mildly optimistically 10, and realistically/pessimistic 9. Anything above those pleasant surprise and obviously anything below disappointment.
http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...017-third-cars

So now the BEST we can hope is 10 (if Toyota gets their act together) but the standard 9 is looking ever more likely.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3666138)   #1834
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think we already knew each team would only field two cars next year but there is still the remote possibility of another manufacturer coming along soon although very remote fo 2017.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3666152)   #1835
Deleted
Veteran

The only one we knew for sure was Audi

There is pretty much zero possibility for new manufacturer in 2017 AND 2018, the timescale is just too short now. I think *the best* we can hope for 2018 is new privateer participant, and that Rebellion doesn't get bored until that
Old 17 Aug 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3666185)   #1836
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...017-third-cars

(if Toyota gets their act together)
Aww, c'mon. Le Mans was evvvverrrr so close to theirs this year......

And I shall never fergit Dan's IMSA MkIII's in '92 and '93.... (I know, I know, there was nobody left. But they were blindingly fast.... )

jimclark
Old 1 Sep 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3669006)   #1837
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
DVD and Blu-Ray out on Monday.........
Old 1 Sep 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3669026)   #1838
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the reminder.

I'm looking forward to re-watching almost all of it...
Old 3 Sep 2016, 06:08 (Ref:3669343)   #1839
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know what you mean. Had a despatch notification from Duke yesterday.
Old 3 Sep 2016, 09:49 (Ref:3669357)   #1840
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And it arrived this morning
Old 3 Sep 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3669417)   #1841
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
And it arrived this morning
something to watch this evening? or you could watch the mexico round of the wec
Old 3 Sep 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3669659)   #1842
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
(Whoops! Meant to post it in here, not in the LM2017 thread...)

Any word on whether there will be an RLM discount code for Duke? I might hold off until next week's MWM just to make sure there isn't before ordering.
Old 4 Sep 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3670033)   #1843
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
(Whoops! Meant to post it in here, not in the LM2017 thread...)

Any word on whether there will be an RLM discount code for Duke? I might hold off until next week's MWM just to make sure there isn't before ordering.

I've sorted the other post.....

I'm about an hour and a half in and really enjoying it. Certainly a lot more than the Italian procession this afternoon.......
Old 4 Sep 2016, 18:12 (Ref:3670053)   #1844
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I've sorted the other post.....

I'm about an hour and a half in and really enjoying it. Certainly a lot more than the Italian procession this afternoon.......
How can you talk about that race when the one in mexico was so much better Andrew, hope you at least watched some of it
Old 6 Sep 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3670575)   #1845
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, saving that for a rainy day Simon!
Old 6 Sep 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3670585)   #1846
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
don't leave it to long, the american round will be along soon
Old 7 Sep 2016, 09:00 (Ref:3670709)   #1847
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Finished off the last three hours last night - highly worthwhile and pleasantly surprised about how a WEC round worked around Mexico City. Obviously, remembering the good old days of the track, it's a shadow of what it was, but there's still enough appeal to the place to make it hang together nicely.

As Simon says, don't leave it too long and miss out...
Old 7 Sep 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3670761)   #1848
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
don't leave it to long, the american round will be along soon
Which I am looking forward to being at next week! The Friday of race weekend is my 40th birthday. Looking forward to spending the day at the track, then going for a birthday dinner at the world famous Salt Lick BBQ.

And then might have to head down to Sixth Street so that I can have a nice hangover for race day.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3670764)   #1849
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i will have to watch the recorded version as i will be in spa for the 6 hour classic race, provided the channel is not blocked by protesters and or illegal immigrants, should be a nice weekend if i get there
Old 15 Oct 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3680192)   #1850
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't say I liked Audi always winning, but am really shocked by them leaving WEC. We knew it was comming but still shocked.