Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Nov 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3589337)   #476
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

Quick question about the ACO Passion 24 VIP. Does anyone know if one were to purchase one of these passes, does it allow for a guest at no cost? Secondly, where are the "hospitality" areas located at the circuit? Will be travelling from the States - so, unfortunately, won't be able to pack much - so need to augment my supplies!
Old 9 Nov 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3589349)   #477
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Hi All,

Quick question about the ACO Passion 24 VIP. Does anyone know if one were to purchase one of these passes, does it allow for a guest at no cost? Secondly, where are the "hospitality" areas located at the circuit? Will be travelling from the States - so, unfortunately, won't be able to pack much - so need to augment my supplies!
Hi Brake,
Now, at Le MMans nothing is really free. You'll have to pay around 15€ for your hospitalities'guest access. All the hospitalities are not opened in the night.
You'll find the hospitalities on this map with the ACO sign http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi..._situation.jpg. One hospitality more along the track where the word "raccordement" is written.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3589352)   #478
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best thing at Le Mans is to talk to batmobile and it was free in 2013 Hello batmobile !
Old 9 Nov 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3589356)   #479
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Toropov View Post
Best thing at Le Mans is to talk to batmobile and it was free in 2013 Hello batmobile !
Hello Alex! How are you! No news more from you?
Old 10 Nov 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3589462)   #480
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Thanks / Merci Batmobile! Very much appreciate the information.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3589481)   #481
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Hello Alex! How are you! No news more from you?
Hello Eric! Nice to chat with you! I'm OK, ill at the moment (do not work because of this), but hope to get better. Positive side of being ill is now I have more time to watch motor racing and follow all of you here at Ten-Tenths Back to work on Friday, I suspect, but hey, there're 2 days left!!
Old 11 Nov 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3589666)   #482
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If when you fill in your application you include a "wife" you will get two ACO cards and each year either a friend or my daughter use that card. As for supplies there are plenty of shops close to the circuit and a major supermarket a few minutes tram ride away.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3593858)   #483
Brake dust
Racer

United States
OK I signed and paid for the ACO Passion 24 VIP. There was no additional information provided. Should I expect to receive something in the mail - like a membership card? Would that be sent closer to the month of June! Several posts indicated a wristband. Is that received during race week? Where would I pick that up?

Thanks!
Old 29 Nov 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3594148)   #484
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You will get your membership pack eventually, the aco is not that quick so perhaps early next year. the wrist bands are issued when you register at any of the aco centres at the circuit, once you have one then you can walk in or out of those area's. When you register you are given an other pack containing a programme, stickers etc, so don't buy them before you register
Old 1 Dec 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3594587)   #485
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Thanks GT6 - really appreciate your insight!
Old 1 Dec 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3594650)   #486
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Thanks GT6 - really appreciate your insight!
Always happy to help, hopefully we will see you at the meet on the saturday morning
Old 10 Dec 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3596834)   #487
Brake dust
Racer

United States
For those that stay for the podium ceremonies - where do you viewthem from? Was at the race in 2014. Watched the finish from the T34 tribune. Then made the tactical error of trying to go down and watch from the front straight. We were with a mass of people waiting behind the grandstands (towards the beginning of the front straight) - not being allowed to enter the track. Would like to see the ceremony from the track. Do you enter farther down - towards pit out or on the other side of the track?
Old 10 Dec 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3596842)   #488
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
For those that stay for the podium ceremonies - where do you viewthem from? Was at the race in 2014. Watched the finish from the T34 tribune. Then made the tactical error of trying to go down and watch from the front straight. We were with a mass of people waiting behind the grandstands (towards the beginning of the front straight) - not being allowed to enter the track. Would like to see the ceremony from the track. Do you enter farther down - towards pit out or on the other side of the track?
I watched the last 3 hours from opposite the Porsche pits this year (about half-way up the pit straight, between tribunes 18 and 19). Big mistake. One of the 3/4? gates that allow spectators to go onto the front straight was right there, but it was never opened. Had to jam up back to the spectator terrace and run down to the next gate (which was open, OBVIOUSLY) to get onto the track.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3596889)   #489
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not something I've ever really done, I confess. We normally make a break for blanc parking as the cars have crossed the line, in an effort to set a new record back to base - this year's record will be pretty hard to beat.....
Old 10 Dec 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3596907)   #490
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I always watch it from my GS 20 Leonard, it gives a good vieuw when sitting opposite to the first garages. On that spot the small gate to the track always opens and you are pretty close to the podium. I would wait for it there. Afterwards ofcourse you do my ritual by walking to the finishline, touch it, pick up some confetti, admire the winning car and walk with it when they pusch it back to parc ferme.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 00:50 (Ref:3597838)   #491
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Will have to try that this year Whitemr2 - thanks!
Old 14 Jan 2016, 19:51 (Ref:3604830)   #492
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if there's any plugs to charge your items in the ACO areas. Because as many people are aware it's difficult to keep your phone or tablet charged up because you may use it to take photos or listen to Radio Le Mans.

Plus how many areas does the ACO have for you to watch the race from. Is it just the one near Dunlop Bridge.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3604872)   #493
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Does anyone know if there's any plugs to charge your items in the ACO areas. Because as many people are aware it's difficult to keep your phone or tablet charged up because you may use it to take photos or listen to Radio Le Mans.

Plus how many areas does the ACO have for you to watch the race from. Is it just the one near Dunlop Bridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Just the one at the esses/dunlop bridge. There is also a ACO grandstand, where there is available power plugs, but then you need a grandstand ticket for the grandstand.

Another area before the Ford Chicane ( Raccordement on the map). http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi..._situation.jpg
Old 16 Jan 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3605371)   #494
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
ACO members don't need a grandstand ticket to get to the restaurant where the power points are.
Good thing, as I have Dunlop grandstand seats this year
Thats good, I just based it on that I always showed my GS ticket at the entrance, and never thought that the ACO wristband would do it too
Old 30 Jan 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3609277)   #495
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this road wide enough to be safe riding a bike with the cars? I'm sure nobody in the cars will have been drinking...
Old 30 Jan 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3609280)   #496
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
Is this road wide enough to be safe riding a bike with the cars? I'm sure nobody in the cars will have been drinking...
Proper lighting will defiantly be a good idea.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3609328)   #497
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hitch-hiking works too. About 20 years ago, I took some British pedestrians on the road to Arnage at night. The driver was clear, but the passengers... They were carrying big packs of Kronenbourg and gave me some when we arrived. I had to wait a while at Arnage corner before living the place and drive my car with safety. A great souvenir indeed.
You can ride your bicycle at night if you have enough lights to signal yourself.

Last edited by PascaLM; 30 Jan 2016 at 18:27.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3613445)   #498
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2015 was my first time at LM. I wanted to get as close to the podium as possible but not have to wait to cross the track. There's a gate behind the admin building at the entry to pit lane. As soon as the race was over they opened that gate which leads you to the gap between the admin building and the start of the garages/pit stands. The only downside is you end up behind anyone who had access to the garages. It worked out fairly well except for the folks who must wave gigantic flags which blocked my view of the podium.

Once the flags were gone it was great. I got there about 1 hour before the end and the line never got very large. Next time I'd wait until about 20-30 minutes prior to the end to queue up.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3613713)   #499
Cjd187
Rookie

Sweden
Köping Sweden
Cjd187 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going...for the first time!
Been a dream for 15years.

Thought I had time to look things up after the holidays, I didn´t!

Need some advice from you experienced people.
I haven´t booked anything yet and had the plan to bring my caravan and be there sunday evening but as I found out all the good campsites are fully booked.
Maybe just take the car and jump on [LM24] International ten-tenths camp III (2016) if there is any spot left.
Or book the GE ticket, grandstand and just see if I get something when I arrive.
Reading around a little I get the impression that you always can get a spot late at Beausejour, Arnage or Mulsanne campsites?

Some agencies state that caravans are not welcome in some campsites, true or false?

// Carl
Old 10 Feb 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3613721)   #500
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ok a few questions there, firstly caravans, some sites do not allow them others are difficult to get them into due to position. however there is a site especially for motorhomes/caravans and you may find spots there, as far as i am aware the ACO has some spaces left so try them first, if not try the various agencies, first tickets are one of the best and will find you something. But most of the agencies will sort you out.
The Grandstands are not my thing but well worth it for you first visit if you can get one opposite the pits on the main straight, get in quick as they will sell out soon, GE's are always available at the enterances so up to you if you buy with grandstands or not. When camping remember that some sites are allocated so you can get there later in the week but others are open so the earlier the better.
Any more questions just ask
Closed Thread