Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3412022)   #151
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Or would an FM radio work just fine?
Simple FM radio will work. 91.2 FM.
Old 28 May 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3412023)   #152
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Any FM radio will work 91.2 fm
Old 28 May 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3412025)   #153
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm attending for the first time. Does anyone know if the race scanners I used to listen to RLM/team transmissions will work at Le Mans? I'm going for the first time and I'd love to be able to listen to RLM.

Any radio will do, just put it on 91,2 fm and you'll be fine!
Welcome to Le Mans, enjoy the greatest race in the world!
Old 28 May 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3412029)   #154
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm attending for the first time. Does anyone know if the race scanners I used to listen to RLM/team transmissions will work at Le Mans? I'm going for the first time and I'd love to be able to listen to RLM.

And if you want to you can listen to RLM on line at the moment
http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Le-Mans-s48714/

Mid week motorsport is on every wednesday at the same time
Old 28 May 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3412069)   #155
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Any radio will do, just put it on 91,2 fm and you'll be fine!
Welcome to Le Mans, enjoy the greatest race in the world!
Thanks! I'm 28 how and have wanted to attend since I first saw Panoz' LMP1 in an ALMS race in 1999, so it's been a long-time-coming!
Old 28 May 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3412075)   #156
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, if you arrive Wednesday, you might JUST have met everyone by Sunday night... Well met by moonlight, good fellow.
Old 29 May 2014, 00:45 (Ref:3412137)   #157
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are the seats in the grandstands numbered? My tickets have row and seat number but no section. Is the entire row numbered 1-xxx without sections?
Old 29 May 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3412166)   #158
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Scanners don't work in France. I tried bringing mine over in 2012 and was told that they are against the law. Not sure if that is true or not, but I wasn't able to pick anything up when I tried.
Old 29 May 2014, 03:41 (Ref:3412167)   #159
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
How are the seats in the grandstands numbered? My tickets have row and seat number but no section. Is the entire row numbered 1-xxx without sections?
Make sure to add your selection to the grandstand thread.

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question though.
Old 29 May 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3412178)   #160
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Which grandstand and which seat? Can make poctures of the viex to the track.
Old 29 May 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3412198)   #161
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
not completely sure they'll let you drive through, but this route seems shorter
Wow that route would be great if you can use the inner track roads. Anyone has tried this inner roads on Sunday night?
Old 29 May 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3412202)   #162
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Welcome on the forum kaseo88.

- Access to parking vert : according to the official map, you cannot take this way. You will have to take the famous chemin aux boeufs and find this green arrow. So, try this way and/or follow the green arrows

If you want to go to Arnage or Mulsanne (at 5am you will find place in the car parks) you cannot take inner roads.

Because of one way roads during the 24H week, it's better for you to go from parking vert to Arnage then from Arnage to Mulsanne. Sometimes, the gendarmes make people pass through Mulsanne. I know, it's not always easy .5 am is a good time and you will find place.
From Mulsanne back to parking vert.
The parking vert is not the best place to get to the others areas, but you can also try the navettes transportation.

- There is no specific mobile device for the live timing ; you can hear RLM or watch the screen. The 3G reception is impossible because of the high number of connections.
This is way i love this forum. THIS is a reply, this is information to everyone in the following editions. Thanks a lot.

More questions :

- I have T34 tand PVert tickets. If i go to arnage and mulsanne can i park there without ticketing problems?

- So there is no way to go to the inner track side of Indianapolis? I mean this point: https://www.google.fr/maps/place/47%...s0x0:0x0?hl=fr
Old 29 May 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3412205)   #163
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No during the race you can not drive on the inner roads to Mulsanne or Arnarge, you will have to take the diversion route from the circuit to Arnarge then Mulsanne, you are supposed to buy a special parking ticket but in practice you just show your parking/camping ticket and they let you park, but beware you will not be the only one doing it and you will spend hours listening to RLM in a queue of traffic
Old 29 May 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3412206)   #164
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No during the race you can not drive on the inner roads to Mulsanne or Arnarge, you will have to take the diversion route from the circuit to Arnarge then Mulsanne, you are supposed to buy a special parking ticket but in practice you just show your parking/camping ticket and they let you park, but beware you will not be the only one doing it and you will spend hours listening to RLM in a queue of traffic
Unless you go at about 5.00am...
Old 29 May 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3412223)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not so bad after about 1 am.....
Old 29 May 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3412255)   #166
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
- There is no specific mobile device for the live timing ; you can hear RLM or watch the screen. The 3G reception is impossible because of the high number of connections.
So buying a sim card using the network of Bouygues is in fact wasted money? Watching the race at home I always use the live tracker of Thomas Baekdal, but this year I'm attending the 24h as an Audi Gold VIP. I hope they have WLAN at their hospitality.
Old 29 May 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3412264)   #167
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
So buying a sim card using the network of Bouygues is in fact wasted money? Watching the race at home I always use the live tracker of Thomas Baekdal, but this year I'm attending the 24h as an Audi Gold VIP. I hope they have WLAN at their hospitality.
Not wasting money, but with so many people trying to connect their device, it's hard to get fluid network
Old 29 May 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3412265)   #168
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Thanks GT6… but I will go on Sunday race night (4 am), so will I need a special ticket for those parkings too? If needed, can I buy it there at night? How much it cost?
Old 29 May 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3412269)   #169
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I see the LM24 App is now available as a download or an update to the WEC one. I assume paying for the video stream would be pointless as the connection at the circuit via 3G will be very poor? Also if you did try and run it does anyone know how much data it would use?
Old 29 May 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3412279)   #170
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I see the LM24 App is now available as a download or an update to the WEC one. I assume paying for the video stream would be pointless as the connection at the circuit via 3G will be very poor? Also if you did try and run it does anyone know how much data it would use?
Ran the onboard streams for about 5 hours during Silverstone, used about 1.5-1.6 GB of data.
Old 29 May 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3412303)   #171
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I would like to buy a sim card (probably prepayed) for data (3g) what would be the best, cheapest to buy and where can I buy it?
Old 29 May 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3412366)   #172
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
If I would like to buy a sim card (probably prepayed) for data (3g) what would be the best, cheapest to buy and where can I buy it?
I'm not sure which operator is cheapest, but you can get a sim data prepayed card from the SFR shop at the shopping mall next to Carrefour just up the road from the circuit (accessible on the tram) http://www.centresud.com/
The SFR offer is 1Go for 7 days €9, 4Go for 30 days €30.
All the other operators have shops there so you can shop around.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3412439)   #173
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Which grandstand and which seat? Can make poctures of the viex to the track.
I have Stand 18 and seat 22.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3412443)   #174
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Tribune 23 here, seats D90 and D91.
Old 29 May 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3412506)   #175
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I have Stand 18 and seat 22.
We'll be neighbours or so because my seats numbers ( my brother and me ) 24, 25 but which row? I am rank H. We can't go into the Stand 18 excpted during the races. Perhaps some pictures on Sunday.

Last edited by batmobile; 29 May 2014 at 20:51.
Closed Thread