Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:07 (Ref:3414142)   #201
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Plenty of parking
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3414145)   #202
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Plenty of parking
Cheers, do you just park by the side of the road or is there a designated car park?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3414146)   #203
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche curves car park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
On Thursday night we want to view from the Porsche Curves spectator banking. Is there anywhere to park around there?
You can park here. Coming from the round about, the entrance is 100 m further, on your left. I think it requires any car park ticket.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3414161)   #204
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
You can park here. Coming from the round about, the entrance is 100 m further, on your left. I think it requires any car park ticket.
Thanks very much Pascal, looks like Thursday sorted! Must be the same sort of arrangement as the parking at Arnage and Mulsanne.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3414309)   #205
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What kind of restrictions are there on items that may be brought into the track? I received a list of campsite instructions but nothing about what can actually be brought inside.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3414313)   #206
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They do have a bottle ban in place but it is not very well inforced
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:58 (Ref:3414315)   #207
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
They do have a bottle ban in place but it is not very well inforced
The amount of bottles littering the grandstands after a couple of days certainly confirms this.

I suppose it depends how/where you enter the track too.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3414324)   #208
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All right. I will try to find some plastic bottles to bring bourbon for the meet up then.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3414330)   #209
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think they are really trying to stop the cases of dumpy beer bottles that create masses of glass debris everywhere
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3414360)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not as much as there used to be though, IMO.....
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3414363)   #211
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post
All right. I will try to find some plastic bottles to bring bourbon for the meet up then.
I never had any problem at the entrance with glass bottles. I always take the enter near the parking Blanc, facing the control tower.
And there are special containers for them inside the circuit... when they are empty.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3414463)   #212
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Thanks very much Pascal, looks like Thursday sorted! Must be the same sort of arrangement as the parking at Arnage and Mulsanne.
Tribunes to Arnage.
Arnage to Mulsanne or this, depending on the traffic organization and provisional one way roads. If you are lost in Mulsanne, in the middle of the houses, find and ask the gendarmes, they will help you.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3414555)   #213
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can anyone tell me whether someone coming to the train station can come to the front of the station (the side with the tram stop) to pick me up? If not, where should they go?
thanks!
Keke
Old 3 Jun 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3414591)   #214
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Can anyone tell me whether someone coming to the train station can come to the front of the station (the side with the tram stop) to pick me up? If not, where should they go?
thanks!
Keke
If they park in the station car park on that side of the station they get 30 minutes free, so you should be fine.

They could also orbit of Blvd Robert Jarry across the open bit on front of the station, but realistically the car park us going to be the best bet.

If they need longer the multistory beyond the car rental places is very reasonably priced.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 06:21 (Ref:3414601)   #215
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not as much as there used to be though, IMO.....
That would be because we now bring draft beeer
Old 3 Jun 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3414624)   #216
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
thanks!
Keke
Used the free car park last year when i picked up Victor, you just drive in and then walk back to the station (30 seconds or so) works very well
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3414665)   #217
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks GT6... but I will go on Sunday race night (4 am or so), so Iwill I need a special ticket for those parkings too? If needed, can I buy it there at night? HOw much it cost?
Someone can say something about this, please?

I have PVert ticket, and I haven’t seen any Arnage nor Mulsanne parking tickets for sale on ACO site…
Old 3 Jun 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3414952)   #218
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
Someone can say something about this, please?

I have PVert ticket, and I haven’t seen any Arnage nor Mulsanne parking tickets for sale on ACO site…
As far as I know there'll be no fee's to pay for parking near Arnage or Mulsanne. I for one have never had to pay anything to park near those parts of the track.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3414960)   #219
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few questions for you all...
- Are you able to get into the Paddock at all with General Admission tickets?
- When is the best time to go to the Museum?
- Any good attractions in Le Mans? Restaurants? Other museums?
- Are you able to get onto the track when the track is closed on Friday or any other day? As thinking of walking the track if possible?

Thank you to all who can answer!

Joshua Smith
Old 3 Jun 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3414963)   #220
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
As far as I know there'll be no fee's to pay for parking near Arnage or Mulsanne. I for one have never had to pay anything to park near those parts of the track.
We buy the Arnage/Mulsanne ticket which should guarantee you a place in then nearest car park during the race - provided it isn't full. But there are always overflow car parks..... I don't expect there are any available now. I don't think they sell that many - for obvious reasons - the field isn't all that big!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3414966)   #221
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
A few questions for you all...
- Are you able to get into the Paddock at all with General Admission tickets?
Ordinarily not - unless you're a very good blagger.
- When is the best time to go to the Museum?
Out of race or qually, I'd say. In 2010 (the only time I've been in 28 years) we went on the Tuesday.
- Any good attractions in Le Mans? Restaurants? Other museums?
The old town is worth a look around. Eric (batmobile) would be the best one to reply - as he lives there!
- Are you able to get onto the track when the track is closed on Friday or any other day? As thinking of walking the track if possible?
Not as far as I'm aware, aside from the public parts, e.g. along the Mulsanne or Arnage/Indianapolis.

Thank you to all who can answer!

Joshua Smith
See above
Old 3 Jun 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3414967)   #222
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We buy the Arnage/Mulsanne ticket which should guarantee you a place in then nearest car park during the race - provided it isn't full. But there are always overflow car parks..... I don't expect there are any available now. I don't think they sell that many - for obvious reasons - the field isn't all that big!
Indeed. We mostly arrive there somewhere around 01:00ish and are then directed to the overflow fields. Just a five minute stroll to the track then.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3414974)   #223
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for walking around the track. They seem to shut the road between Mulsanne corner and the start of the Porsche Curves around midday on Weds and Thurs.

The same section is shut most of Friday as well to discourage hi-jinx.

I think the main Mulsanne Straight is open pretty much all the time the racing isn't taking place as it is a more major road than the rest of the track.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3415099)   #224
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I think they close the public roads at 1pm, uncluding the Mulsanne straight. They need to set armco and fence
Old 4 Jun 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3415102)   #225
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Indeed. We mostly arrive there somewhere around 01:00ish and are then directed to the overflow fields. Just a five minute stroll to the track then.
Yes, my plan is to arrive by 03/04 am. I recall that i couldnt see any parking tickets for Mulsanne nor Arnage.

Thanks GTfour & Aysedasi for your answers.
Closed Thread