Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3419860)   #376
jee
Rookie

Denmark
jee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing behind there, they could easily move the barrier 50 feet wäre Duval crashed, it is past the bridge and only grass and a small lake there.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3419880)   #377
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
This cought my eye:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114410

Interesting explanation. Why was that fence there in the first place then and what would have happened if in theory another car could have gone off in the same place?

There's pure track behind (ahead??) where Duval crashed so I can see where he's coming from.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3419922)   #378
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post

There's pure track behind (ahead??) where Duval crashed so I can see where he's coming from.
I believe it's a school/trackday type of track that is right next to the main track and uses parts of it.

What the pic doesn't show is the elevation change coming off the bridge so creating more space between track and barriers might be possible but a lot of ground needs to be added in order to raise the surface on the sides.

With all the mayhem so far this year I'm sure it'll be under close review by the FIA/ACO.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3419936)   #379
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...-track-safety/
Quote:
At the official test day, a number of GTE cars were seen flying over the curbs at the Ford Curves, an area also changed since last year’s race. The ACO has since flattened that area to prevent cars from taking off again.

“It wasn’t the curb we altered at the Ford Chicane, but it was the chicane before,” Beaumesnil said. “We had an issue with the layout of the ground and the curb. We have made modifications, so now it’s flat and we have fixed the problem.”
Old 13 Jun 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3419943)   #380
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Great
Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3425366)   #381
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know I thought it was a GREAT race and got plenty of positives out of it... the new LMP regs worked surprisingly great and ACO hasd raised their game in many areas. Yes, Chiana is praising something! The only, only real letdown came from the circuit itself... not only was it depressingly sad to observe the rundown from Mulsanne corner all the way to the start of the Curves knowing it's all gonna be raped for next year, but also the amount of corner shortcutting everywhere else was really disgusting. Most obviously at the Corvette Corner of course (four wheels have been used outside the white line there for years however the recent extension of the runoff has just worsened it) but other parts of the track were notably more abused too, thanks to the ever more extending asphalt extensions . Most of them had been added unannounced so it was worse than I feared prior the race week.

Sam Hancock and Stuart Hall had great discussion about this on Eurosport during Q. The amount of accidents happening due to drivers pushing beyond track limits everywhere surely has some connection with the ever growing amount of tarmac runoff...

The only non-Grade1 WEC track sure is starting to resemblence all the others in this area.

Dunlop esses 2000's modification - OK!
Lowering of the Mulsanne hump - OK!
Chicane tightenings - OK!
New pit entries - OK!
Tetre Rouge tightening and modifications - OK!
Catch fencing upgrades - OK!
Barrier upgrades - OK!
Walls put further back in places - OK!
All grass and gravel replaced by asphalt - screw you

Last edited by Deleted; 23 Jun 2014 at 12:34.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3425373)   #382
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
What the pic doesn't show is the elevation change coming off the bridge so creating more space between track and barriers might be possible but a lot of ground needs to be added in order to raise the surface on the sides.
The bridge isn't at that part of the Porsche curves - it's between the first two left handers. The part where Duval and Calado crashed is ground-level and it's perfectly possible to push the barriers further back.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3425513)   #383
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Sam Hancock and Stuart Hall had great discussion about this on Eurosport during Q. The amount of accidents happening due to drivers pushing beyond track limits everywhere surely has some connection with the ever growing amount of tarmac runoff...
Dunno how that's particularly relevant to this year, I don't recall accidents involving people pushing tarmac runof, where Duval, Colado, Rees etc crashed for example doesn't have extra tarmac run off.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3427285)   #384
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The bridge isn't at that part of the Porsche curves - it's between the first two left handers. The part where Duval and Calado crashed is ground-level and it's perfectly possible to push the barriers further back.
Well, it has now been just over a year since I've been there and at my age the brain is skipping a beat or two every now and then .

However, I would suggest - or invite if you rather have that (we'll have to work on the details how to figure out such an arrangement) you take a walk up the ramp coming off the bridge and let me know how you feel about the elevation change afterwards!

Just to be clear: yes, I'm aware where exactly the bridge is and - no, the ramp at that point isn't as high as the bridge. The elevation change on the downhill ramp isn't nearly as great as, let's say Paddock Hill Bend or Radillon either but still enough to make alternations to the run off area substantial.

Anyways, I'm sure both crashes have triggered all the necessary alarm bells within the ACO and we'll see some sort of redesign in the not to distant future. Bring on the construction machines!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3439292)   #385
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche Experience Centre

Not exactly a track change, but might this affect the campsites in this area, or block any track views?

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/th...746_14360.html
Old 28 Jul 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3439306)   #386
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not exactly a track change, but might this affect the campsites in this area, or block any track views?

Looks like it will significantly affect the Maison Blanche campsite.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3439403)   #387
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Looking at this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

It looks more likely to affect the big wheel and the corporate area than the campsite. It depends on where they move those to, though
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3439424)   #388
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone got a clue about the banked oval on the infield? What is it, who uses it, when built etc?

I'm not talking about the hippodrome I'm talking about this…

https://www.google.fr/maps/@47.95342.../data=!3m1!1e3
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3439428)   #389
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
that's the Leon Bolle velodrome, opened October 2007
http://velodromedumans.free.fr/index...=894&Itemid=37
Old 28 Jul 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3439468)   #390
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Looks like it will significantly affect the Maison Blanche campsite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Looking at this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

It looks more likely to affect the big wheel and the corporate area than the campsite. It depends on where they move those to, though
The "corporate"site, Marshals site and "Empty" site is massive there! - so I actually don't think the Maison Blanche campsite will be that affected.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 01:29 (Ref:3439511)   #391
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I never noticed that oval, though I did see what seems to be a horse racing track nearby. What's the paved oval supposed to be used for?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3439539)   #392
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cycling...
Old 29 Jul 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3439786)   #393
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Click Bodysnatcher's link chernaudi........
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3453640)   #394
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some news about the works between Mulsanne curve and Porsche curve. The tendering procedure is now closed. The works would have to begin now or in october and there will be 2 parts : the first one from Mulsanne to Arnage. The second one from Arnage to Porsche curve could follow the first one but because of financial plan they would have to proceed in April. What about these works? Ground stripping, track cutting and recovering all the parts with tarmac. No details about the tarmac width to disappear. It seems that all the parts of ground will be recovered.
To be verified in the next days.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3453642)   #395
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you very much Eric!
I really hope that the track will remain as close to it's current layout.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3453647)   #396
Deleted
Veteran

Thanks.

Still early, but I just wanted to say my appreciation and condolences to all the grass obviously about to be teared apart. You offered iconic imaginary and will be dearly missed, as you and your friend gravel now are on most parts of the circuit.

Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3453686)   #397
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too will mourn the impending loss of what to others may just appear to be grass verges. They're grass verges because for close to 51 weeks of the year, it's just a road in France from A to B, not a racetrack. It is an iconic view and I'll be sad to lose it.....
Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3453687)   #398
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we definitely losing all of it?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3454020)   #399
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry about it. The new tarmac will be painted green.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3454022)   #400
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Don't worry about it. The new tarmac will be painted green.
Pascal, thats a mean joke