Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Feb 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3504590)   #526
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Ditto.

More catch fence aswell.

Jeez, starting to look like outside perimeter of sellafeild.
Nice spot!
I fear this means that pictures like this, is history:
Old 13 Feb 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3504619)   #527
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I suspect that there will be some 'discouragement' to use the new tarmac on a normal lap.
Don't make me laugh, ACO doesn't care rats ass how much they violate the F1 luxury zones.

This is all from randomly picked ONE lap @ pro #51 AF Corse last year, and it doesn't even include the minor slips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7kP_tplnH0

Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3504636)   #528
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423854036.212591.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	44400Like this shot.

Whatever I'll reserve my full judgement until when it's finished.

Let's hope they don't paint the edge white.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3504763)   #529
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of topic, I know you can walk the public roads parts of the circuit but can you walk through porsche curves etc? I've driven round up to the barriers before that they put out but never walked. Obviously this is normally on the Sunday a week before race day.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 07:44 (Ref:3504770)   #530
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
A bit of topic, I know you can walk the public roads parts of the circuit but can you walk through porsche curves etc? I've driven round up to the barriers before that they put out but never walked. Obviously this is normally on the Sunday a week before race day.
You can do it just after the race have ended, but I don't know if you can do it on a "regular" day. I know you can't do it up to the race.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3504883)   #531
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Like this shot.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 16:09 (Ref:3504884)   #532
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you for putting so much effort and time into finding and posting so many photos.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3504887)   #533
Deleted
Veteran

All of that happens during two lap period, and not all of the infractions are even covered as the camera didn't always pan out to show were they went, or they switched to some garage reaction shot
Old 14 Feb 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3504907)   #534
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we've got the drift now......
Old 20 Feb 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3506958)   #535
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have zero problem with the vast majority of instances shown in the pictures.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3506962)   #536
Deleted
Veteran

That's your view so fine whatever. But when you consider that

A) the most gross violations no-one can deny - ie Corvette Corner & Tetre Rouge & first Mulsanne chicane - happen on NEARLY EVERY LAP in pro LMP and GT cars, 99% of the time with at least two wheels, sometimes all four
B) that's without the extended 2015 modifications
C) no-one ever gets penalized

it's adds up to pretty sad figures

I've said it before but last year when I saw GT4 racing cars at Zandvoort, those slow ass cars still felt infinitely more on the edge than high speed single seater or LMP at neutered Spa or wherever
Old 20 Feb 2015, 13:30 (Ref:3507025)   #537
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with a part of this forum : in my opinion these asphalt areas are ugly. Le Mans circuit is famous for its greenery and its forest, but the nature is more and more uncommon around the track. Okay, it's for safety. But with these areas, the pilot can say "okay, it's safe, no grass, so GASSSSS" and go fast on the curve.
Also on the public area, nature is uncommon. For example at the "Esses de la forêt", after the Dunlop curve, all trees are done. It's like the Sahara .
Or in the Village : before 2005, the Village was green :

Nowadays, its modern, great, but it's like the Defense Area in Paris : a huge desert place with grey cement and rare little trees here and there...

I understand the necessary to build news areas, but why cut all trees and not to replant new trees after the work ?
Old 20 Feb 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3507031)   #538
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chiana, half those images are cars going over white lines to get to the curbs, and that's nothing new. The curbs have been a metre over the white lines on the Mulsanne Chicanes ever since they were built in 1990.

You could screen-shot this lap and show Jurgen Barth's multiple white-line infringements. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9f9siBJfs

Although I do agree with your point about the Porsche Curves, in many of your screenshots, twas ever thus...
Old 20 Feb 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3507037)   #539
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
I agree with a part of this forum : in my opinion these asphalt areas are ugly. Le Mans circuit is famous for its greenery and its forest, but the nature is more and more uncommon around the track. Okay, it's for safety. But with these areas, the pilot can say "okay, it's safe, no grass, so GASSSSS" and go fast on the curve.
Also on the public area, nature is uncommon. For example at the "Esses de la forêt", after the Dunlop curve, all trees are done. It's like the Sahara .
Or in the Village : before 2005, the Village was green :

Nowadays, its modern, great, but it's like the Defense Area in Paris : a huge desert place with grey cement and rare little trees here and there...

I understand the necessary to build news areas, but why cut all trees and not to replant new trees after the work ?
The circuit is still remarkably green if you compare it to other circuits!

At TR, following developments there, they did replant some trees and they should grow in a few years. But I too lament the loss of the trees as the Esses, and I have no idea why they had to go

The real test of these developments is how they'll look and feel in 20 years time. Greenery and shrubbery does grow back; things grow old and gain character. Would anyone actually want to go back to the old pits now? And this "let's asphalt everything" obsession doesn't bother me too much for one reason - either a.) they're actually right, it's safer, and we'll all get used to it or b.) the increased risk drivers take will show it to be a mistake, and we'll view it like we do now with straw bails and grass will be planted everywhere again.

I make no apology for enjoying every visit to La Sarthe in the meantime, which is still a magical place.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3507039)   #540
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmmmmm .......... got to say from my point of view, I don't really have an issue with any driver stretching the limits of the track wherever they can in order to put in a fast, spectacular lap. Use too much of the kerbs and it will unsettle the car anyway. 'Twas always thus ........................

I certainly don't want the race broken up by numerous penalties for infringements that most of the audience don't get to see. Leave that for the really dangerous manoeuvres like punting someone off or speeding in the pit lane etc ............. Running over a white line, grabbing a couple of feet of the kerb/grass/run off ........... BRING IT ON!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3507121)   #541
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Chiana, half those images are cars going over white lines to get to the curbs, and that's nothing new. The curbs have been a metre over the white lines on the Mulsanne Chicanes ever since they were built in 1990.

You could screen-shot this lap and show Jurgen Barth's multiple white-line infringements. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9f9siBJfs

Although I do agree with your point about the Porsche Curves, in many of your screenshots, twas ever thus...
I counted five mild shortcuts on the 1977. None on the hard braking zones or straights though

Anyway, while the Mulsanne white lines are definitely the least place to see it going on, it does mean that the same thing is gonna be continue to be happening over and over from Mulsanne Corner to the start of the Curves (and within couple of years time from there onwards as well)

I think Corvette Corner right now might be the worst respected corner in all of racing? Can't think of anything else where huge 4 wheel off violations are repeated so often and everyone gets away with it, can you? I mean maybe some F1 tilkedrome somewhere, but...

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Feb 2015 at 18:10.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3507132)   #542
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think we've got the drift now......

It seems not.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3507138)   #543
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
It seems not.
What the frell is this, people commented on it and I'm not allowed to make counter comments?
Old 20 Feb 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3507156)   #544
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
La Sarthe/Bugatti Circuit track changes

We already understand your position and point.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3507333)   #545
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It really is time to move on, surely. I realise there are strong views held, and we've taken those on board now many times and repeating it over and over again isn't going to change the situation. Write an open letter to Eduardo Freitas......
Old 21 Feb 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3507406)   #546
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Works update today. Between 2 showers, enough sunny to go to the circuit.
First, the Porsche Center from the Ford curve grandstand:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...22742228712026
The Porsche Center from the Grandstand 21 :
A small movie of the point of view from the Ford curve grandstand:

Then the Porsche Curve:
disassembled barriers https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...22742228712026

The dream of all the photographers :
Old 21 Feb 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3507423)   #547
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for those Eric
Old 21 Feb 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3507448)   #548
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God that porsche centre is a reet eyesore! Horrible.

Old 21 Feb 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3507454)   #549
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope my seat isn't in the top right of the grandstand where you were stood Eric. It will take some getting used to let's put it that way.

I just hope they give something back to the fans and use it for more than just VIPs during race week.
Old 21 Feb 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3507463)   #550
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Bad ! The public will be far away