Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2023, 05:09 (Ref:4159914)   #1376
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tested the very splendid new Porsche footbridge yesterday, which is an excellent addition for accessing the infield 'karting' trackside stretches as far as the old karting building.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 06:33 (Ref:4159918)   #1377
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Will have to give that a try, must admit been a few years since i have been to the karting area
Old 5 Jun 2023, 07:07 (Ref:4159926)   #1378
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Will have to give that a try, must admit been a few years since i have been to the karting area
It's accessible too, has lifts.

Stop by the Porsche Experience Centre, there were some interesting cars lined up outside yesterday, including a DHL liveried Penske RS Spyder (such a pity the Penske Spyders never crossed The Pond).
Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:02 (Ref:4160051)   #1380
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Having not seen any pitstop footage, is it too much to hope they do driver changes via the windows in the style of The Dukes of Hazzard? :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The usual road from Arnage to Arnage/Indy area will be closed for 2023
New traffic plan :

https://www.sarthe.fr/sites/default/...AUTO23v2_0.pdf
Good to know, thanks. Although I usually get lost in the middle of the night down there anyway.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4162039)   #1381
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Many people using the bigger run-off at Indianapolis.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4163357)   #1382
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Did not visit as mucjh of the track as usual due to the heat but the new fan zone at the old stage area was much improved with paved area steps and ramps down rather than gravel/unmade up lose stuff. A big screen loads of food and drink outlets, deck chairs but just one major problem. The loo's were swamped with massive q's and eventually they had to allow ordinary people to use our posh new facilities in tertre rouge campsite, very annoying as it ment no real security at that entry/exit to the site
Old 12 Jun 2023, 22:47 (Ref:4163445)   #1383
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The access to the old stands of the karting was forbidden this year. It's a shame because the view on the Corvette/karting turn is wonderful there. And I took the new Porsche bridge only for that purpose ! This new installation is practical though.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 23:40 (Ref:4163450)   #1385
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is actually a good idea. Make the shuttle buses a good thing. Have more and give them a dedicated route. Then I’m totally up for it.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 10:53 (Ref:4163498)   #1386
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New Porsche bridge was good too. Excellent 6ft square murals there on Thursday, with just one missing. Think they must have removed them shortly afterwards.

Concert area behind Dunlop stand greatly enhanced and ACO Chappelle area had much improved capacity - still rammed though
Old 13 Jun 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4163516)   #1387
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The access to the old stands of the karting was forbidden this year. It's a shame because the view on the Corvette/karting turn is wonderful there. And I took the new Porsche bridge only for that purpose ! This new installation is practical though.
I'm not sure where the old stands were as I've never been over there, but twice we went over the bridge and wandered down and stood on the top of buildings there at the final part of the Curves?
Old 13 Jun 2023, 14:27 (Ref:4163540)   #1388
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm not sure where the old stands were as I've never been over there, but twice we went over the bridge and wandered down and stood on the top of buildings there at the final part of the Curves?
Stands = pits, so if you made it to the somewhat ramshackled derelict building on the outside of the final right hander before the straight leading to the Ford chicane, you were there. Exciting vantage point IMO.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4163642)   #1389
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good spot on the roof of the pits for a nice view to the Corvette curve (ex karting)
Attached Thumbnails
toit_pits_karting_spot.png  
Old 14 Jun 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4163643)   #1390
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Good spot on the roof of the pits for a nice view to the Corvette curve (ex karting)
Is there no other places round there you can watch that section of track?
Old 14 Jun 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4163651)   #1391
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is there no other places round there you can watch that section of track?
Accredited photographers can go further to the Porsche curves. Otherwise there are the fences and you are still at the ground level.
The view from this roof is over the fences. Sad it became inaccessible this year. Too much prevention from a huge crowd ?
Old 14 Jun 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4163668)   #1392
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
It was in dire condition 10 years ago when I flagged there most recently, as I remember it was already closed for the general public in '13. I'm kinda shocked that structure is still up considering its poor condition and the amount of work the ACO has put into the facility over the last 10 years.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 04:17 (Ref:4163936)   #1393
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sad to hear it closed! Was one of my favorite spots .
Old 16 Jun 2023, 04:41 (Ref:4163937)   #1394
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sad to hear it closed! Was one of my favorite spots .
Seems it was closed only for the race. I was there on Test Day and I believe Ayse was there for one of the practice sessions.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 04:53 (Ref:4163938)   #1395
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Seems it was closed only for the race. I was there on Test Day and I believe Ayse was there for one of the practice sessions.
That could make sense, to avoid an overload and therefore a potential accident.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 05:00 (Ref:4163940)   #1396
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
That could make sense, to avoid an overload and therefore a potential accident.
Yes, health and safety at play, potentially.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 05:01 (Ref:4163941)   #1397
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sunday morning one or two had gained access when we walked down there. I stuck to shooting through the gate with reasonable results.
New Porsche bridge good and well located - next to it was an ACO bar and viewing area open to all with few takers. Nice view of the cars into the final chicanes
Old 16 Jun 2023, 05:42 (Ref:4163947)   #1398
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
New Porsche bridge good and well located - next to it was an ACO bar and viewing area open to all with few takers. Nice view of the cars into the final chicanes
Annoying, I convinced myself that ACO facility was not open to me and that it was for guests/VIP's invited by the ACO, not ordinary ACO members, because it wasn't promoted in the same way as the Chapelle and Durand facilities. I walked past it several times and would certainly have explored it, had I known. I believe it's been located there for several years.

Next year then...
Old 16 Jun 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4163966)   #1399
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Annoying, I convinced myself that ACO facility was not open to me and that it was for guests/VIP's invited by the ACO, not ordinary ACO members, because it wasn't promoted in the same way as the Chapelle and Durand facilities. I walked past it several times and would certainly have explored it, had I known. I believe it's been located there for several years.

Next year then...
The bar was open on Wednesday, Vincent and I had a drink in the shade while watching the cars from the Porsche bridge to the braking zone. A part of the room was private... and empty.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 12:02 (Ref:4163986)   #1400
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We stood in the private bit for a while on Wednesday before they kicked us out - leaving it completely empty.