Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3827355)   #1101
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the link Chiana posted: Eurosport packs a pdf-document in a small JavaScript-window :-(
Here's the direct link to the pdf: http://media.eurosport.com:80/eurosp...fahp5ll9am.pdf
Old 7 Jun 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3827374)   #1102
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, as with last year I can view on Eurosport Player and get the RadioLemans commentary.

Anyone know if RSL is also streaming as it did on Youtube with Aston Martin?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3827418)   #1103
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
Regarding the link Chiana posted: Eurosport packs a pdf-document in a small JavaScript-window :-(
Here's the direct link to the pdf: http://media.eurosport.com:80/eurosp...fahp5ll9am.pdf
Chrome doesn't load that, but this works: https://asset-premium.keepeek.com/me...fahp5ll9am.pdf
Old 7 Jun 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3827419)   #1104
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
So, as with last year I can view on Eurosport Player and get the RadioLemans commentary.

Anyone know if RSL is also streaming as it did on Youtube with Aston Martin?
In past years the RLM studio feed has been here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/exint2/...&live_view=500
Old 7 Jun 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3827422)   #1105
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Although this technically doesn't fall under the category of "Televison & Streaming" this great video by the youtube channel DRIVE back in 2013 of a 30 Minute interview with Derek Bell and Guy Smith about their days racing at Le Mans (all while being filmed on the Eurotunnel train!) is always on my list for mandatory viewing in the run-up to Le Mans.

Do enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjN3hUrHc2k
Old 7 Jun 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3827529)   #1106
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ACO TV Distribution
https://press.fiawec.com/assets/file...952777b0f3.pdf

As usual it's not particularly helpful in broadcast details itself (such as vague "full race") but it does list all the minor channels

Quest is returning for some limited live UK coverage which is interesting as I thought I read they were done. But I guess that was ITV4 who axed it (despite IIRC not having bad ratings at all last year)

Last edited by Deleted; 7 Jun 2018 at 21:56.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3827530)   #1107
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will any of the support races be streamed?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3827531)   #1108
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Will any of the support races be streamed?
Only Road to Le Mans race 2
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnpjpV_6fTQ

It's pathetic but what can you do
Old 8 Jun 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3827690)   #1109
deggis
Veteran

Finland
1st race of Michelin Cup race was not streamed last year either. It is on Thrusday before the main event sessions, so at least the cameras can't be out of operation.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 01:54 (Ref:3827765)   #1110
Deleted
Veteran

Obviously not, and the _permanent circuit_ cameras aren't out of operation of course. BUT as per usual for Wed/Thu the _outer circuit_ won't have actual television cameras, only CCTV for the use of race control and commentary booths. LM24 sessions can make through that 'fine' because selected entries have onboard cameras to supplement the lack of trackside cameras. Plus in practice and qualifying cars are scattered all around the track, so there's always stuff happening in the television-covered permanent circuit. Not all of them are bunched together in a line at Mulsanne or wherever like they are in race situation, most certainly in short sprint race.

So with RTLM they probably figure out it would look relatively bad if they showed the race live without the cameras. Or at least that's the excuse I'm giving them. I still think it makes no sense to have that first race on Thursday if no-one outside the circuit can see it. It decreases my interest for the second race too, it's like jumping to watch NASCAR race only after the first competition caution 'stage' or whatever they're called

The real solution to everything would be to have permanent cameras for every session of Wednesday and Thursday, but unfortunately that looks to be too much asked. Obviously they are saving money here, to the detriment of most of all support races. HOWEVER at least I'm happy they fixed the situation for the actual weekend back in 2015. Before that the outer circuit cameras were always shut down between 10-11PM Saturday evening and only came back well into morning sunshine. Now we have the full race covered which is the most important thing. For that we should be grateful for the ACO, non-stop full circuit coverage from morning warm-up to checkered flag on Sunday

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2018 at 02:05.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 02:24 (Ref:3827767)   #1111
Deleted
Veteran

Here's the list of broadcasted sessions as it stands now
Code:
				TV	RLM	Alkamel LT**
LM24	Free Practice		X*	X	X
RTLM	Free Practice 1			X	X
LM24	Qualifying 1		X*	X	X
RTLM	Free Practice 2				X
AMRF	Free Practice 1
AMRF	Free Practice 2
RTLM	Qualifying 1			X	X
RTLM	Qualifying 2			X	X
AMRF	Qualifying			X
RTLM	Race 1				X	X
LM24	Qualifying 2		X*	X	X
LM24	Qualifying 3		X*	X	X
LM24	Morning Warm-Up		X	X	X
AMRF	Race				X
RTLM	Race 2			X	X	X
LM24	Race			X	X	X

* No outer circuit cameras
** Based on http://theracingline.net/timing/ schedule
Elsewhere Scrutineering 1 and 2 should be on ACO social media (Facebook stream) like for the last couple of years

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2018 at 02:48.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 23:27 (Ref:3827887)   #1112
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Can't wait to find out live on board streaming from Porsche, Ford, Corvette (if there is any). In 2018 all of them should have it.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3827892)   #1113
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This weekend I made sure both the ACO and Eorosport streams cast to my TV. So as per last year I'll have Eurosport Player for TV and RadioLemans for commentary.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 04:57 (Ref:3828005)   #1114
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I just want to be able to see the practice and qualifying sessions somehow on the internet. Hopefully you guys here have some sources to share for us in the states. At least Velocity has the entire race on the TV.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3828052)   #1115
Deleted
Veteran

Scrutineering 1 about to go LIVE
LIVE STREAM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGG6TZDwbmo

+

Complete ACO Feed Schedule from lemans.org and some added bits:

Sunday
Scrutineering 1 (lemans.org, youtube, facebook)

Monday
Scrutineering 2 (lemans.org, youtube, facebook)

Tuesday
-

Wednesday
Free Practice (Pay Feed)
Qualifying 1 (Pay Feed)

Thursday
Qualifying 2 (Pay Feed)
Qualifying 3 (Pay Feed)
Drivers Press Conference (lemans.org, youtube, facebook)

Friday
ACO Press Conference (lemans.org, youtube, facebook, fiawec.com)
Drivers Parade (lemans.org, youtube)

Saturday
Morning Warm-Up (Pay Feed)
Road to Le Mans Race 2 (Youtube)
Starting Procedure (Pay Feed)
Race (Pay Feed)

Sunday
Race (Pay Feed)
Old 11 Jun 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3828325)   #1116
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
A bit of information on Eurosport's Coverage - http://corporate.eurosport.com/news-detail/?id=6985 - still no news if Carlton Kirby is part of the team.....
https://f1broadcasting.co/2018/06/09...rs-of-le-mans/

"Carlton Kirby and Mark Cole lead Eurosport’s commentary"

Glorious for those enduring (ha-ha get it ) that

Anyway it states the "pre-race" coverage as such on ES:
=> 12:00 – Build-Up
=> 12:45 – Legends of Le Mans Highlights
=> 13:00 – On the Grid with Tom Kristensen
=> 13:45 – Race
(GMT)

It also states the Quest TV broadcast slots as per from the ACO TV Distribution pdf

Elsewhere people are asking Bob Varsha about the US TV deal and he seems somewhat clueless now that he's out
https://twitter.com/bobvarsha/status...75723401302019
https://twitter.com/bobvarsha/status...38980414033920

Last edited by Deleted; 11 Jun 2018 at 09:37.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3828343)   #1117
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to hear us freeview peasants will be able to watch parts on Quest
Old 11 Jun 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3828375)   #1118
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This weekend I made sure both the ACO and Eorosport streams cast to my TV. So as per last year I'll have Eurosport Player for TV and RadioLemans for commentary.
Did this work ok? This will be my first attempt at running this setup (I'm usually there)
Old 11 Jun 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3828380)   #1119
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm in Albania and yes it worked fine. I was able to watch Roland Garos without problems. So for me its Eurosport Player on the lappy, cast to the TV and RadioLemans commentary on the tablet.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3828394)   #1120
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm in Albania and yes it worked fine. I was able to watch Roland Garos without problems. So for me its Eurosport Player on the lappy, cast to the TV and RadioLemans commentary on the tablet.
Great - thanks.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3828407)   #1121
Deleted
Veteran

It should be way easier than it used to be years ago thanks to their youtube studio cam feed nowadays which you can sync up
Old 11 Jun 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3828435)   #1122
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I just want to be able to see the practice and qualifying sessions somehow on the internet. Hopefully you guys here have some sources to share for us in the states. At least Velocity has the entire race on the TV.
Motortrend on Demand will show Wednesday practice and all qualifying sessions. It's confirmed on their schedule.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 01:39 (Ref:3828553)   #1123
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thursday
Drivers Press Conference (lemans.org, youtube, facebook)

Friday
ACO Press Conference (lemans.org, youtube, facebook, fiawec.com)
Drivers Parade (lemans.org, youtube)
What are the times?

https://www.lemans.org/en/program/schedule/95 only had the events at the track intended for spectators.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3828567)   #1124
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
What are the times?

https://www.lemans.org/en/program/schedule/95 only had the events at the track intended for spectators.
Drivers Conference - Thursday (= Friday) 12.15 AM CET
ACO Press Conference - Friday 10 AM CET
Drivers Parade - Friday 5 PM CET

Other conferences:
https://press.fiawec.com/assets/file...9249de7354.pdf
Old 12 Jun 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3828581)   #1125
Deleted
Veteran

Toyota will have onboard camera feed (race only) here:
https://toyotagazooracing.com/wec/sp...oard-live.html

Various scrutineering reports:
SC365 Sunday (video)
SC365 Monday (video)
ACO Live Replay (video, upload incomplete)
RLM Sunday (audio)
RLM Monday (audio)
Pruett-Goodwin Podcast Monday (audio)

Confirmation of no Liz Halliday on ES for the first time in 10 years
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj5MhI6ApAU/
Normally this time of year I’m on my way to Le Mans 24 with @eurosport, and although I’m really sad to not be with the TV crew this year, I’m very excited to be taking Deniro to his first 4*!!!!