Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3908774)   #1251
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quest are showing a few hours around the start and again the finish, plus six hours from midnight to 6am BST. Thirteen hours in total.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 02:25 (Ref:3908952)   #1252
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
https://www.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml

The schedule I'm seeing might be localized, but it says the whole race is on Eurosport 1. Not much else going on besides some cycling (so no Carlton Kirby?) which is on Eurosport 2 and British Superbikes, which will be shown delayed on Sunday.

Or "whole" race rather because every couple of hours there is a 10-minute "Le Mans Studio" segment.

Last edited by deggis; 10 Jun 2019 at 02:39.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3909018)   #1253
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEC App commentators will be:
Toby Moody, Martin Haven, Jim Roller, Graham Goodwin, Allan McNish and Jamie Campbell-Walter.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3909098)   #1254
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For the US folks, Motortrend's on demand service is available with a free 14 day trial, so if you don't get the tv channel, you can still get free coverage:

https://www.motortrendondemand.com/f...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 10 Jun 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3909118)   #1255
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Please no Calton Kirby. Please no Carlton Kirby. Let there be no Carlton Kirby. Pleeease.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3909141)   #1256
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Toby Moody, Martin Haven, Jim Roller, Graham Goodwin, Allan McNish and Jamie Campbell-Walter.
I think Karun Chandock was pretty good last year when I was watching last years re run recently, shame he won’t be there this year
Old 10 Jun 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3909147)   #1257
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the WEC app streaming be available in the US? I seem to remember last year there was some concern about geo-blocking once Motor Trend bought the TV rights.

Last edited by neiltbag; 10 Jun 2019 at 16:45.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3909153)   #1258
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I think Karun Chandock was pretty good last year when I was watching last years re run recently, shame he won’t be there this year
Chandhok is this year with Sky F1 Sports, altough there is no GP next weekend but might be a contractual issue.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3909174)   #1259
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag View Post
Will the WEC app streaming be available in the US? I seem to remember last year there was some concern about geo-blocking once Motor Trend bought the TV rights.
Technically no. It is still geo-blocked. I use a VPN to enjoy the app.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3909186)   #1260
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Jim Roller that's interesting
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3909191)   #1261
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good group that.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3909193)   #1262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see Jim back, shame it's not with RLM.....
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3909195)   #1263
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully Graham will also have the microphone for more than mere minutes here and there
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3909200)   #1264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still wish we could have the 'Sam and Jim' show back again.....
Old 10 Jun 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3909238)   #1265
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy race week everyone - my favorite week of the year!!! Not sure if its been covered but I have Comcast Xfinity cable here in Colorado. It looks like MotorTrend TV will be covering flag to flag again this year. They finally updated the HD program guide and it shows uninterrupted coverage, at least in my area. If this has been covered, sorry I'm just getting my own schedule ready. The wife and kids will be gone all weekend so I have the house all to myself!!!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 01:16 (Ref:3909257)   #1266
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I went for Eurosport this year, after a less-than-stellar service from the app last year.

Seeing Jim Roller on the list has me questioning my choice though...
Old 11 Jun 2019, 01:26 (Ref:3909259)   #1267
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I went for Eurosport this year, after a less-than-stellar service from the app last year.

Seeing Jim Roller on the list has me questioning my choice though...
It is possible that the standalone feed on Eurosport Player has the same WEC comms, because 1-2 races this year had them (Silverstone and Fuji or Shangai), but then Spa again had no comms.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 02:21 (Ref:3909263)   #1268
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
Happy race week everyone - my favorite week of the year!!! Not sure if its been covered but I have Comcast Xfinity cable here in Colorado. It looks like MotorTrend TV will be covering flag to flag again this year. They finally updated the HD program guide and it shows uninterrupted coverage, at least in my area. If this has been covered, sorry I'm just getting my own schedule ready. The wife and kids will be gone all weekend so I have the house all to myself!!!
Do we know which commentators MotorTrend will have. Is it one of the other feeds, or does it have their own commentators?

I guess there are adverts on MotorTrend.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 02:43 (Ref:3909265)   #1269
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Do we know which commentators MotorTrend will have. Is it one of the other feeds, or does it have their own commentators?

No clue on the commenting team and motortrends scheduled programming has burned me this year while trying to watch the wec.

I'd assume there are adverts but I plan on getting the stream just in case that has no/less commercials.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 02:55 (Ref:3909270)   #1270
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too, but I thought it might be useful to have it on in another room
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3909334)   #1271
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Dear god there will be adverts, they can make NBCSports seem tame at times. And it, like Speed and FS1, is the same 5 adverts but thankfully I'm guessing no where near as many Farmers Only.com commercials
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3909336)   #1272
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If VPNs are available (deggis is the man in the know for that), I recommend Eurosport, especially if they have the no-commercials, no-commentators stream again. That was beautiful.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3909337)   #1273
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's kitchen demo weekend so there will have to be commentary to keep me in the race, but I'll probably be streaming it on my phone as I attempt to remove the cabinets with the least amount of damage. No damage means Habitat for Humanity will come take them instead of trying to get rid of them myself.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3909339)   #1274
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is what I’ll do
Old 11 Jun 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3909351)   #1275
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If VPNs are available (deggis is the man in the know for that), I recommend Eurosport, especially if they have the no-commercials, no-commentators stream again. That was beautiful.
The stream on Eurosport Player is ad-free, I think?

I'm quite sure I had a full 24hour ad-free race in 2 of the last 3 years.
I can't remember which one was the one with the ads, and why: it's possible that I forgot to subscribe to the player or that I had internet problems and watched via 'normal' TV but equally possible the also had ads on the player.

I just don't remember