Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Dec 2001, 22:22 (Ref:185657)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 2002 - Latest News (!!)

With only 6 months now to go (!).........

For those like Paulzinho who didn't manage to get their Autosport this week, it's reported that the Bentley began testing "in earnest" at Jarama last week, with Andy Wallace and Eric van de Poele doing the driving.

If that's an indication that Andy and Eric will remain with the project, that sounds like good news to me. More info on the tests in due course, I guess.
Old 14 Dec 2001, 00:13 (Ref:185690)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

BMW have been asking for some slacking of the rules from Don Panoz for the M3, but the ACO have said the current rules affecting the V8 M3 will stand, no questions asked. So if BMW want to go to LM, I'd say GET BUILDING!!!!
Old 14 Dec 2001, 07:58 (Ref:185785)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're not entitled to any relaxation of the rules. They've won the race before, fair and square, and I agree with you pink, if they want to win it again, they'd better build another proper sports car.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 09:22 (Ref:186824)   #4
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Exactly. I guess there isn't a lot of sympathy for BMW after they abandoned LMP racing the minute they won Le Mans. Why should the organisers support them, when BMW behave like spoiled children.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 09:37 (Ref:186828)   #5
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, just look at BMW's actions in the ALMS series this year. Porsche were somewhat annoyed that the M3 V8s could be run before they were properly homologated.
Old 17 Dec 2001, 10:17 (Ref:186835)   #6
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not forgetting MG/Lola's little 675. According to recent testing that little car may well steal the scene if it finishes next year.

I wonder if the Calloway will be entered again? as far as I can remember it gave the Porches a bit of a run didn't it?
Old 17 Dec 2001, 13:44 (Ref:186885)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sadly not for long enough!
Old 18 Dec 2001, 11:50 (Ref:187241)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I like the BMW cars enormously, as an Alex Job Racing fan I am not broken hearted that BMW won't be allowed to race their current car next year -- we were smoking the GT class until they showed up with their out-of-rules bomber!

And I'm absolutely delighted that Bentley will be back, and that Panoz will be racing something resembling a real race car this year -- it should be a wonderful race all taken together.

And plans are under way for the 10-Tenths Pilgrimage so it can't be that long until we go!
Old 18 Dec 2001, 14:37 (Ref:187298)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

it can't be that long until we go!
Well, only another 25 weeks or so!!
Old 18 Dec 2001, 19:52 (Ref:187392)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Le Mans 2002 - Latest News (!!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
With only 6 months now to go (!).........

For those like Paulzinho who didn't manage to get their Autosport this week, it's reported that the Bentley began testing "in earnest" at Jarama last week, with Andy Wallace and Eric van de Poele doing the driving.

If that's an indication that Andy and Eric will remain with the project, that sounds like good news to me. More info on the tests in due course, I guess.
Thanx Aysedasi, I got Autosport the next day!!!!

From what I gather Bentley are going to be the only GTPs again. Why oh why?!!!!
Old 29 Dec 2001, 17:30 (Ref:191094)   #11
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Le Mans 2002 - Latest News (!!)

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
From what I gather Bentley are going to be the only GTPs again. Why oh why?!!!!
Yeah I know what you mean, it's dumb. Fortunately, Bentley will be hoping to compete for the overall win, so in their case classifications like GTP aren't so significant anyway.

I don't favour too many different classifications. We don't want it getting as silly as boxing!
Old 29 Dec 2001, 22:47 (Ref:191264)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boxing is a bit of a farce really, there should just be one championship.

A similar thing could be said for sportscars with the ALMS and the FIA World Sportscar Championship.

The ALMS seems to have more influence than the World Championship.

Is this right? In my opinion it isn't but I am not really in a position to decide. I feel that sportscars need a bit more organisation and with this their popularity could grow.
Old 29 Dec 2001, 23:06 (Ref:191275)   #13
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but look who's running the World Sportscar Championship..

FIA

Say no more...
Old 29 Dec 2001, 23:21 (Ref:191290)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
They really need to have a shake up of motor racing and decide where they want to go based on what the teams, drivers and above all else the fans really want.

It doesn't do motor racing any good to have two series competing against each other because both are weaker than a unified series. Look at CART and the IRL.

They have both suffered because of the split and casual fans have become disillusioned. This needs to stop.
Old 30 Dec 2001, 14:06 (Ref:191466)   #15
Blue2
Rookie

This is why I take little interest in either series and just focus on Le Mans. It's all too confusing for us "casual fans"!
Old 30 Dec 2001, 14:27 (Ref:191479)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue2
This is why I take little interest in either series and just focus on Le Mans. It's all too confusing for us "casual fans"!
I have to say I'm with you there, Blue!
Old 1 Jan 2002, 01:28 (Ref:192146)   #17
Blue2
Rookie

More News...

Dick Barbour has this to say about his team's entry into the LMP900 class, with two Panoz Mugen Prototypes:

It is every team's dream to compete for an overall championship and we have worked very hard the past couple of years and now feel that we are ready and able to move to LMP 900. We are delighted that Mugen has chosen Dick Barbour Motorsports and I am confident that the beautiful Panoz 07 will be a very competitive car. Our technical partnership with Multimatic will give us the support that we need to challenge the factory efforts. This is a multi year program, and we know that we will be competing with the best and we are eager for the challenge.

I for one would like to see his team, or indeed any other independent entrant shake up the works teams, Team Joest / Audi Motorsports in particular.

I have nothing to say against the Audi team you understand, but indies getting in amongst the corporate weight of works teams can only be good for racing, and for us fans.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 16:26 (Ref:192277)   #18
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dutch Spyker company will also race 2 cars at Le Mans:

www.spykercars.nl