Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Feb 2003, 23:51 (Ref:520967)   #1
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
New Courage C65

Good news / Bad News for the new LMP 675 class Courage.

First laps under the belt but a heavy accident have badly damaged the first car.

Dailysportscar.net has pics of the car before the accident (and very pretty it looks (or looked!) too.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 01:54 (Ref:521052)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks great a little smoother and overall looks more striking than the c60, ofcourse this is raging red in color...
too bad a bout the spin and shunt-hallyday? haven't heard much from that bloke...
Old 1 Mar 2003, 02:47 (Ref:521072)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Some cars look right, some you aren't sure about, and some look wrong. This one doesn't look right too me. Don't know why, but I hope I'm wrong.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 02:52 (Ref:521074)   #4
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
um ... its a c60 with only one turbo air intake
Old 1 Mar 2003, 04:59 (Ref:521127)   #5
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a great looking car and the red paint is awsome. Much better then the blue on the C60. I noticed that the car didnt have the formula style fenders like in the picture releaced awhile back. Does anyone know what series it will run in? I would love to see it here in the states.
I can't drive 55!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 07:05 (Ref:521169)   #6
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks awsome!
The headlights look a little small.

Last edited by IanGrohse; 1 Mar 2003 at 07:07.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 08:39 (Ref:521205)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a subtler C60 really. That paint job is brilliant though.
The whole car looks a lot rounder, and there are sublte changes here and there, but it is more of a C60 than i thought it would be.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 10:02 (Ref:521227)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to SpiritOf and David Legangneux :
http://www.spiritof.com.fr/spirit%20...5_280203_3.jpg
Here are the pics (also posted on DSC I assume) of the AWSOME Courage C65.

Ouest France says that Halliday and Alliot are in negociations with Yves Courage to drive the C65 at LM this year, even if they entered a Durango in the rpovisionnal entry list.

Sounds : great,
Car : wonderful,
Category : we HAVE now diversity we wanted (great MGs, WR, maybe a good Pilbeam, Courage C65...),
Pilots : could be better, but they are fast, even if not reliable and regular (Alliot made the 3'21' time on the track with chicanes, Halliday did not so bad last year in FIA-GT),
Reliability of the car : well, this is a strictly rookie car, let's wait a little bit, the future is open...

I'll cheer Courage team this year, and I'm glad some french team are here for the race, even if not the the overall.

Roll on June !
Old 1 Mar 2003, 20:10 (Ref:521615)   #9
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it looks pretty sharp. I also think it's ludicrous that anybody thinks they can take on an MG Lola that's had time to sort out the reliability issues. We shall see.

I'm assuming, because it never races in the States, that the Courage is a low downforce car. Can anyone elaborate?

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 1 Mar 2003, 20:50 (Ref:521638)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MG Lola have had two years, and they still haven't finished. The C60 (i know not the same car, but it's gotta be close) has been there 3 years and finished twice
Old 1 Mar 2003, 21:28 (Ref:521675)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chevyguy
I'm assuming, because it never races in the States, that the Courage is a low downforce car. Can anyone elaborate?
It doesn't have so much to do with downforce really, than with cash, or the lack of it.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 23:21 (Ref:525035)   #12
Chevyguy
Racer

Thanks, Cybers, and good to see your name again! When you say lack of cash, you mean more on the getting it shipped (w/ spares) and crewed, right? I wish Mr. Pescarolo would just take a chance and come oversees for Sebring or something.

Old 5 Mar 2003, 03:25 (Ref:525202)   #13
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo did come over in 2001 for Sebring, and it was a useless exercise. The C60 is pretty ill-suited to a track like Sebring.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 13:39 (Ref:525617)   #14
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chevyguy
Thanks, Cybers, and good to see your name again! When you say lack of cash, you mean more on the getting it shipped (w/ spares) and crewed, right? I wish Mr. Pescarolo would just take a chance and come oversees for Sebring or something.
Unfortunately Pescarolo's team doesn't have the budget to do much beyond Le Mans and a single-car effort in the FIA series at present- believe they lost some sponsors over the winter
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:22 (Ref:526136)   #15
Chevyguy
Racer

Guess that's why he's always the last to confirm Le Mans. Peugot should help them more away from Le Mans, then they would have a better shot when they get there.