Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Mar 2004, 00:48 (Ref:924626)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Courage C65

Has anybody seen the definative example of the Courage C65 . All the examples out testing so far are 675 cars and not LMP-2 . Im just wondering where are they going to get all these chassis from when we havent seen one yet ? It should have a double roll hoop and a rear end something similar to the WR if im thinking correctly ? ..... which I dont do very often

I just cant see 5 C65 being ready for the test day .

Lammers might get his entry yet , with a bit of luck !!!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 02:01 (Ref:924679)   #2
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I've read it seems like the changes from 675 car to LMP2 car aren't disastrously complex, so it's not gonna put them in too tight of a spot to get the cars ready in time. It'll probably be a bit of a push, but I know they already have three at 675 level. If the other two cars are already built I can't see it as being too much of a problem.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 02:08 (Ref:924686)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The LMP-2 car needs the so called "plank" under it , a double rollbar and an entirely new rear end with new wing . Lots of work for something that hasnt been seen yet . I think 5 is a lot to ask for something that hasnt been seen yet . I just cant see it .....
Old 31 Mar 2004, 05:22 (Ref:924776)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Courage C65

Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
I just cant see 5 C65 being ready for the test day .
Lammers might get his entry yet , with a bit of luck !!!
Forget it : the Courages will be ready. Yves focused on its customer programm to strenghten his financial capacity for the future...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:44 (Ref:925156)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes fab that might well be true, and the cars might well make it out in time for the LM test day, but its intresting to note that the cars havent been testing in LMP 2 spec as of yet, we all know that Yves sees the C65's as Courages immideate future but even if they are out in time for this years LM - will they be reliable? Doubtful, they need to do testing. U have to admit, it is a bit strange that the cars havent been testing in LMP 2 spec so far...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:51 (Ref:925169)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
U have to admit, it is a bit strange that the cars havent been testing in LMP 2 spec so far...
More : I'm surprised that ACO allowed to enter FIVE of them... (and only one RFH Dome)
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:59 (Ref:925182)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
maybe an explanation: they want to promote "new" cars, LMP1 and LMP2 instead of "older" LMP900 ...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:01 (Ref:925187)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
You make a point here, Bernard.
Old 2 Apr 2004, 21:46 (Ref:927888)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

According to Mr . Courage himself , three cars are testing at Magny Cours in LMP-2 trim , they have 5 built and are building another one at the minute . Well done to them to get them out so fast !!

Last edited by The Badger; 2 Apr 2004 at 21:47.
Old 3 Apr 2004, 19:43 (Ref:928717)   #10
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the thing of it is that the very ones that the C65 should be in contest with were,... persuaded, into LMP1, namely Lola B160(MG/Lola EX257) and the Zytec(DBA-04).

The lesser chassis, namely the newer WR & the older Lola 40's may just be no match for them, and it'll be some time before the new Lola LMP2 chassis hits the test track, muchaless actual racing.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 08:21 (Ref:931945)   #11
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Just seen a picture of the LMP2 spec C65 over at dailysportscar.com.
To be honest doesn't look too much different, has the similiar (to the nasamax) secondary "hump" in the passanger section, and the deep endplates.
You can see the sloping side sections, as the picture was taken almost looking up at the car. It does look a little strange with it seeming so high up, but i guess we'll get used to it....

Ed
Old 6 Apr 2004, 09:12 (Ref:931991)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

It looks to have side pods like the old Lancia LC2 . A huge deeper tail section like the rear end of the Audi and a plank or place for one under the car . I reckon the twin rollhoop looks like an afterthought . Dont like that bit at all . The rear wing looks kinda cool though . It might also have a more scolloped nose section that will enable the use of guerney flaps , like on the Pescarolo Courage from last year ?
I suppose that the changes dont look too bad at all . Cant wait to see how others will interpert the rules .

Last edited by The Badger; 6 Apr 2004 at 09:15.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 11:12 (Ref:932103)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

And its also sponsored by "Corona" beer . I thought that was illegal in Franch , beer advertizing ?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:22 (Ref:932398)   #14
Waco Racer
Rookie

Waco Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't there a Viper sponsored by Corona at Lemans a year or two ago? I believe Vanina Ickx was one of the drivers in that car.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 16:15 (Ref:932442)   #15
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Waco Racer
Wasn't there a Viper sponsored by Corona at Lemans a year or two ago? I believe Vanina Ickx was one of the drivers in that car.
I'm sure Corona have been one of the Belmondo team's sponsors for at least a couple of years, so, yes it would have appeared on their Viper
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:26 (Ref:932512)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I can remember Corona stickers on the Belmondo Viper's in Fia GT 2 years ago. Didn't have the Belmondo C65 "Gulf" colors?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:28 (Ref:932514)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

Corvette has Bully Hill wineyards and TRG has Adobe Road Winery !!! I thought it was illegal too !!!

About time we had "Jagermeister" back then .

Last edited by The Badger; 6 Apr 2004 at 17:28.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:43 (Ref:932542)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Isn't wine food in France?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 17:46 (Ref:932545)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
That's what I'm given to understand - that wine, being officially categorised as food, can legally be advertised. Don't know if that extends to beer, though (despite the fact that I know several people for whom beer IS food...)
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:09 (Ref:932778)   #20
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Corvette has Bully Hill wineyards and TRG has Adobe Road Winery !!! I thought it was illegal too !!!

About time we had "Jagermeister" back then .
these products are not sold in France, so advertising is not illegal

don't know about Jagermeister, though

and I even think that advertising is illegal only if it's on TV, that means if the race is not broadcast, you can advertise for alcohol (stupid french laws )
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:11 (Ref:932783)   #21
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
eh, it's turning to food and wine again !
Old 6 Apr 2004, 22:47 (Ref:932884)   #22
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We've had this discussion before, can't remember where though.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:30 (Ref:933016)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Karl Kling
We've had this discussion before, can't remember where though.
Here, probably, or in the "Le Mans tickets" thread !
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:35 (Ref:933021)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
eh, it's turning to food and wine again !
Whats the problem with that !!!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 07:28 (Ref:933078)   #25
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not turning to food and wine again, it's turning about sponsorship !!!

It alcohol or tobacco sponsorship were still allowed, some motoring projects such as Pescarolo one would be easier to fund and would be really able to compete and win LM especially this year.

PS: Admire the way to turn back from food to car racing !!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !