Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1251998)   #1
pD F1
Racer

pD F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV F1 presenting studio?

Out of interest, does anyone know why the ITV F1 team haven't been using the studio for the past year and if it will be used this season?
I remember they used it for Silverstone last year, but no other races and for once, they actually attended every race, and didn't use the London studio. Is it to do with North One ALL3MEDIA taking over the production of the programme from Chrysalis in 2003? Just interested to know, if anyone knows.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1252165)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a decision from the hierarchy within ITVF1/ITV Sport - in order to give it more of a feel of "being there" in the paddock.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 08:42 (Ref:1252212)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And saved money as well.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1252380)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It saves a small amount in terms of not having to transport the thing - but the cost of producing the programme is largely the same.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1252468)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I wonder how much money Ferrari would save by not taking any of their cars to races.

I actually preferred it when they were in the studio,seemed more professionel that way.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1252482)   #6
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has the coverage been better now as ITV are "being there" at the track? I thot there seems to be more action now...otherwise, it used to be curt and to the point!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1252507)   #7
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a well and good presenting the programme from the paddock but people walking past in the background and the Australian Air Force doing a display overhead does rather distract the viewer.

If I watch the talking heads section I tend to see who I can recognise in the background or just watch something else till 5 minutes before the start when the world feed takes over.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1252595)   #8
pD F1
Racer

Yes I like the 'being there' feel in the paddock. But 'The Count' just seems worse when standing, presenting in the paddock. Its really annoying when hemoves/twitches about all over the place while talking - he can't stand still ever! I hate the new founded grin/laugh he puts on while having a serious discussion with TJ, Mark etc - usually means he's impatiently waiting for them to finish so he can either ask another question, or get on with the programme - if he asks a question he should wait for them to fully answer and not cut half of it short - he doesn't that interested either! I also wish they would have a fixed area at easch race to present! Great summariser in Martin Brundle though and a truly excellent commentator in James Allen! I don't think anyone can get close to how good James is at commentating for Formula 1 racing!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1252629)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As much as I like the paddock feel, I can't help feel this was done for costs purely.

I mean ITV, wanting to recreate the paddock feel? Give me a break!

This is the company that seems to have great difficulty broadcasting F1, despite having three channels and then hiding behind some excuses that are so obviously ridiculous you'd have to have your eyes gouged out to fail to see them.

pD F1.....I trust your last comment on James Allen was a joke?

I agree with your twitchy Jim assessment though. I get the impression he doesn't listen to a word his co-presenters say, so eager is he to get onto the next banal question.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1252640)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
As much as I like the paddock feel, I can't help feel this was done for costs purely.

It's not "recreating a paddock feel" - it's being in the paddock!

The costs of doing an OB like that are very similar to doing it in a studio.

Quote:

This is the company that seems to have great difficulty broadcasting F1, despite having three channels and then hiding behind some excuses that are so obviously ridiculous you'd have to have your eyes gouged out to fail to see them.
Which "ridiculous" excuses are these?

The only "problem" with ITV F1 is the lack of qualifying 2 live coverage - and that's the FIA and teams' fault for lumbering everyone with this ridiculous timetable.

The race is the important thing - and you'll see all of those live.

Last edited by Kicking-back; 15 Mar 2005 at 17:24.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1252777)   #11
pD F1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

pD F1.....I trust your last comment on James Allen was a joke?

I agree with your twitchy Jim assessment though. I get the impression he doesn't listen to a word his co-presenters say, so eager is he to get onto the next banal question.
Of course the James Allen bit was a joke, although sometimes I seriously feel that some of the criticism is a bit harsh, I feel he would have preferred to stay as pit reporter and in a way reluctantly, or forced to move into the commentary gantry, he isn't made for commentary though!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1252789)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

James move into commentary was certainly not "reluctant" on his part - it was his dream job.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1252795)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
James move into commentary was certainly not "reluctant" on his part - it was his dream job.

I don't think he's woken up yet.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1252825)   #14
pD F1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Do you reckon Jim rates him highly, or does even he probably think he is too???well how shall I put it?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1252843)   #15
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In australia it was a new season, new cars, new drivers and James Allen still come up with the same old rubbish when the lights go out "GGGGGGGGGGGOooooooooooooooo"

Same **** different season.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1252884)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the Paddock feel with the stupid head microphones. Why don't they go the whole hog and wear pointed party hats on their chests to perfect the Madonna image.

But I do miss things like that huge water vapour fan they had last year in Malaysia. That was fantastic!
Old 16 Mar 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1253419)   #17
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking Back

The only "problem" with ITV F1 is the lack of qualifying 2 live coverage - and that's the FIA and teams' fault for lumbering everyone with this ridiculous timetable.

The race is the important thing - and you'll see all of those live.
Pff. I think ITV copied the wandering paddock idea from RTL - who do it much better, incidentally.

The problem with ITV is their lack of committment to F1 - can I possible mention the 12 hours of RTL coverage on race day in Melbourne one more time?
Old 16 Mar 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1253537)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See Logrence, Germany isn't so bad after all!
Old 17 Mar 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1254440)   #19
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only they were in 'the paddock'. I swear they seem to pick the smoking corner in the paddock. There's always someone standing behind them smoking a fag!