Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1386817)   #51
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps it is just engine conservation, seeing as, if my thinking above is correct, they have already decided compounds thus there is less need for running?
Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1386818)   #52
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Great Lap by Monteiro. Ony 2 seconds slower that P1.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:43 (Ref:1386819)   #53
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah probably
Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1386821)   #54
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

does anyone no if williams r running diff versions of their car again?
Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1386824)   #55
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Whats Ferrari's fastest lap so far, from glancing at the times they look to be in serious trouble...?
Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1386825)   #56
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

schumi 1.28.155 down 1.869 on kimi

looks bad
Old 20 Aug 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1386826)   #57
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
1:28.155s is their fastest so far this weekend (i.e. Michael's quickest this session).

Indeed they are struggling. last I heard it was meant to be grip problemos.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1386827)   #58
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Istanbul Practice 2.2 has finished. Next will be Qualifying which starts in 2 hours.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1386847)   #59
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the times, either Ferrari are sandbagging or they are truly buggered.

Why hasn't NK ran today?
Old 20 Aug 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1386885)   #60
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1SPECIAL
are there any rules regarding tyres in practice?
They have two types of dry-weather tyres.
And from both types, they have two sets.

On friday, they can use one set of each type.

For saturday and sunday, they have to choose which type of tyre they will be using.
From that point forward, they only have the two sets of tyres (one used, one unused) for practice 2.1, practice 2.2, Qualifying and Race.
For the race, they have to use the same set they used for qualifying.

In other words:
Throughout saturday practice, these are 2 sets of tyres to choose from:
- The unused set of the chosen type (which they will be using for Qualifying and Race.
- The used set of the chosen type (which they have used on fridays).

-------------------

Of course, all of this changes when there is a wet session.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1410133)   #61
mughettina
Rookie

Turkey
istanbul
mughettina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday&the muslims in Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Why can I not see a single spectator around the circuit? Vast empty stands-and I thought Friday was rest day in Moslem countries?
i was trying to find sth on marshals in the world and searching and searching i found this site and checkin it out i saw this msg and i thought I'VE GOT TO REPLY

so here it is :

-UNFORTUNATELY- Friday is not a rest day in Turkey and i was there that day in the circuit, in the first curve and to be exact i was in post nr 4 as a Dep. Chief Marshal BUSTING MY ASS OFF = which is not a very muslim thing to do as we can see from ur msg. I was there and almost 1000 other muslims were there doing the best we could.

And about the spectators, the tickets weren't all that cheap and many people chose to stay home and enjoy themselves before the tv.

From istanbul with love,
a turkish female muslim marshal
Old 18 Sep 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1410222)   #62
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mughettina
i was trying to find sth on marshals in the world and searching and searching i found this site and checkin it out i saw this msg and i thought I'VE GOT TO REPLY

so here it is :

-UNFORTUNATELY- Friday is not a rest day in Turkey and i was there that day in the circuit, in the first curve and to be exact i was in post nr 4 as a Dep. Chief Marshal BUSTING MY ASS OFF = which is not a very muslim thing to do as we can see from ur msg. I was there and almost 1000 other muslims were there doing the best we could.

And about the spectators, the tickets weren't all that cheap and many people chose to stay home and enjoy themselves before the tv.

From istanbul with love,
a turkish female muslim marshal
Thanks Mughettina, for putting us right on that! So Turkish racing is normally on Sundays? Guess you are busy today with the WTCC & GTs.
BTW: Are there any females driving in Turkish racing?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1410237)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to 10 tenths mughettina Nice to have another marshal amongst us. I see you have already found our Marshals forum

Apart from some traffic problems the first modern Turkish GP was a great success. Well done to all involved.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1410615)   #64
mughettina
Rookie

Turkey
istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Thanks Mughettina, for putting us right on that! So Turkish racing is normally on Sundays? Guess you are busy today with the WTCC & GTs.
BTW: Are there any females driving in Turkish racing?
Turkish racing is normally at the weekends cuz in Turkey the workdays are monday to friday. Some unfortunate people have to work also on saturdays. As you can guess rallies start on friday and end sunday.

We had a cup called Polo Ladies Cup this year a circuit race. And there are women in different levels of karting and if i'm not mistaken there are like 3 or 4 female teams in Turkish rally championship. And there are also a few women co-drivers.
+ Many female marshals (and we rock!!)

I didn't go to the WTCC&GT this weekend, cuz i'm in another city and i sadly am (at least was) busy.

A question : do you get paid for marshalling? Especially in F1 ?
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1410639)   #65
mughettina
Rookie

Turkey
istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Welcome to 10 tenths mughettina Nice to have another marshal amongst us. I see you have already found our Marshals forum

Apart from some traffic problems the first modern Turkish GP was a great success. Well done to all involved.
Thanks for the lovely words Adam. I agree that it was a success, but i think it would have been a lot better if they waited one more year. They couldn't build the roads on time, so it was obvious that there was gonna be a big traffic problem.They couldn't even find time to cover the grounds with grass..It looked like The turkish GP was held in a desert circuit. Apart from those negative things we trained really hard and tried to do our best during the race. At the end of the race Charlie Whiting thanked us all and said we were perfect. (Actually we were very good in all the situations and with the flags and all..)
I hope next year it's gonna be even better.
Come to our circuit next year

Hugs