Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Sep 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4002501)   #1
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Dutch agency Ticket Plus Travel bankrupt

Hello fellow racefans,
I found out that Dutch ticket agency Ticket Plus Travel an official ACO ticket partner has gone bankrupt.
People that have bought tickets for this years race and had their tickets sent to them will have nothing to show for.
The tickets will as it seems not be valid for next years race, so money will be gone down the drain...
I contacted the ACO and at first they told me that they could only do something if the agency was an official partner.
I told them that indeed it was as it was featured on the ACO website.
Then they told me I have to arrange it with the (bankrupt) agency, something that is impossible to do.

It looks like no more Le Mans for me, I have had it with this way of treating loyal fans.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 00:21 (Ref:4002528)   #2
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'm sorry to hear this Nobby. It's unfortunate that there are casualties as a result of the virus.

I hope you'll reconsider as I can't imagine going to Le Mans and not seeing you there. Besides, you'd have to travel much further for Sebring or Monterey Car Week...
Old 15 Sep 2020, 06:45 (Ref:4002535)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I'm sorry to hear this Nobby. It's unfortunate that there are casualties as a result of the virus.

I hope you'll reconsider as I can't imagine going to Le Mans and not seeing you there. Besides, you'd have to travel much further for Sebring or Monterey Car Week...
What really ****es me off is that the ACO first says : we can only do something if the agency is an official partner and then after finding out it is indeed an official partner say that we have to go to the selling point / agency for a sollution.
But as it has gone bankrupt it is not doing business right now and you cannot reach out to them.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 07:44 (Ref:4002541)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That really sucks, I found out it helps sometimes to call again. Thats how I maneged to split my ticket amount to this weeks race. Wich offcourse got canceled again..... Anyway, some at the helpdesk, do/know more than others.
In case of bankrupt, you have to find the curator but I dont think that will help you in this case.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 07:59 (Ref:4002544)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep bit of a problem to be sure, but if the ACO has been paid for the tickets (that is agent has paid for them) then you should be in the same position as the rest of us, it may take a while to sort out but do not give up hope. Keep an eye on here and perhaps something can be sorted for next year, if of course there is a next year.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 10:43 (Ref:4002564)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't quite follow. If the purchasers have paid for their tickets and had them physically sent to them, why wouldn't the ACO honour them for next year? Or have I missed the point?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4002578)   #7
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember that if you paid for your tickets with a credit card, you may be able to claim through your bank for "services that haven't been delivered".

https://www.visa.co.uk/chargeback.html
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4002585)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But Nobby was suggesting that they have been delivered....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
People that have bought tickets for this years race and had their tickets sent to them will have nothing to show for.
So if the tickets have been bought and delivered, I still don't get why they cannot be transferred to next year, the same way as if they had been bought direct? Have the ACO not been paid for the tickets by the agency?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4002600)   #9
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But Nobby was suggesting that they have been delivered....

So if the tickets have been bought and delivered, I still don't get why they cannot be transferred to next year, the same way as if they had been bought direct? Have the ACO not been paid for the tickets by the agency?
Yes tickets have been sent to my adress, so I guess they are also paid to the ACO
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:45 (Ref:4002665)   #10
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobby, I know you'll come back!! Before the end of week I'll go to the ticket office at the main entrance to try to get some positive response. No guarantee but we can try.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4003424)   #11
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Nobby, I know you'll come back!! Before the end of week I'll go to the ticket office at the main entrance to try to get some positive response. No guarantee but we can try.
Let's hope for some good news Eric....
I have put myself on the long list of people that Ticket plus Travel should pay back but things do not look good....
Old 20 May 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4052390)   #12
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Hi all, been a while since I showed up here.

Just read Nobby's concerns. We too have ordered tickets with these criminals(for that's what they are) and received about a third in actual tickets in 2020, after it got known the date was changed to august. Quite a large part of our group were not able to rearrange for that time, so they opted for money back and no tickets send,
The ones that were never send, I concider gone for ever. The ones we received however, I will take to Le Mans and I will get in with those.

My reasoning is as follows: It's all fine and dandy these ticketboys have gone belly up but we received these tickets before they went bust. This means we had no way of knowing this company went bankrupt after and so our tickets are valid, as far as we're concerned.

I will show up with a small party and I will be granted entrance or I'll raise a scene at the centre des expositions at the track they've never experienced before...

No way they can refuse us entry with a wad of official ACO tickets worth many hundreds of euro's.
Old 20 May 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4052400)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd like to hope you're right. But I thought that ticketing had effectively been completely reset?
Old 20 May 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4052403)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think Andrew is right, think your best bet would be to contact the ACO with the ticket numbers and ask them to confirm that you have credit to use on new tickets.
Old 20 May 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4052436)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a tough situation. But I don't know anyone who hasn't lost at least some money during the last year due to COVID. A lot of people lost a lot more than that.

If one person bought a load of tickets on behalf of others and wasn't reimbursed - that's a really bad situation. Personally if someone had done that for me I'd pay that person. I'm not sure if that's what has happened here.

Turning up with year old tickets is tough because I have a year old ticket in my possession. Thousands of people do. But I also have a credit notice for that GE ticket that should, in theory, turn into a refund at the end of the month. So if I demanded to get in with my old ticket then I'd be getting free entry to the circuit.

Agree with the others in trying to turn those tickets into a credit notice.
Old 21 May 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4052509)   #16
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd like to hope you're right. But I thought that ticketing had effectively been completely reset?
true...
there are no valid tickets at the moment...only valid credit notes....
which will not help in case of a bankrupt agency...
Old 21 May 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4052545)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Twice I've bought tickets with them, no problem. A bit expensive, but I got what I wanted. They seem to be back in business though, because they started spamming my mailbox again, on a regular basis.
Old 22 May 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4052737)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[mod]post deleted[/mod]
Old 23 May 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4052844)   #19
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Twice I've bought tickets with them, no problem. A bit expensive, but I got what I wanted. They seem to be back in business though, because they started spamming my mailbox again, on a regular basis.
Another agency bought only the company name after the bankrupt. That's why you get mail again.
Last year I had contact with the ACO about this. Ticket Travel got all their money back from the ACO just before the bankrupt and made all the tickets send to Ticket Travel invalid.

In april I got mail from the curator, apparently in the end there is some money left for creditors like us. About €25 for me
Old 24 May 2021, 00:01 (Ref:4053009)   #20
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Still, if I half know the ACO, they will provide us with entrance.
I've been coming there for twentyfive years straight. I simply don't believe they're going to turn me away, with a set of valid 2020 tickets, after travelling 700 kilometers, arriving there with my 9 year old son(his maiden visit!), my wife and me.
Old 24 May 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4053095)   #21
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personaly, I would not take that Risk, this year is different and security will be tight. Besides that, if you are bringing a kid, I would like him to have the full experience. Better to take him next year when things are back tot 'normal'.
As far as tour tickets concern, sorry, that is part of life (and I can understand your anger) nobody ever thought this could happen. Everybody had some loss this year, ACO of non ACO related. I think ACO made the best decision to cancel all tickets, your argue is with T&T, not ACO.
Old 27 May 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4053545)   #22
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This story has to be officially reported to a consumers association.