Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4005570)   #1176
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Andy Blackmore has announced there will be no more Le Mans spotter guides. Lack of cooperation from the teams causing increased workload and time to put into it. IMSA guides will continue.
Nooooooooooooooooo!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:32 (Ref:4005571)   #1177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is there anything in the pipeline to replace it?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4005579)   #1178
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Irreplaceable.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 14:54 (Ref:4005611)   #1179
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one by "Great Dane" not quite the same, but along the same lines...
Old 23 Sep 2020, 21:43 (Ref:4005925)   #1180
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else quite enjoy the extended night time running that a September race brings? Makes the 6/7 hours of darkness in June seem quite tame in comparison
Old 24 Sep 2020, 07:20 (Ref:4005987)   #1181
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Did anyone else quite enjoy the extended night time running that a September race brings? Makes the 6/7 hours of darkness in June seem quite tame in comparison
Yes absolutely. I love this about Daytona and it’s why I prefer the Nürburgring 24 to be in May. The night running (and long twilights) is very special. Only caveat is that I think it needs an earlier start time. Daytona starts at 1340. This Le Mans at 1430 was great.

Personally I’d have Le Mans in Sep every year!
Old 24 Sep 2020, 07:24 (Ref:4005989)   #1182
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I always prefer the transition time anyway, the hour or so both in the evening as the light fades and turns to darkness and in the morning as it slowly goes into getting lighter before the sun rises. Must admit total darkness is ok for a short time but at the circuit it is almost impossible to tell the cars apart as the lights just dazzle you, so if there i would say prefer minimum of night time.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 08:54 (Ref:4006009)   #1183
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Yes, that was the real highlight for me. I only wish we could have that much night running in June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Must admit total darkness is ok for a short time but at the circuit it is almost impossible to tell the cars apart as the lights just dazzle you, so if there i would say prefer minimum of night time.
As you would expect Simon, I completely disagree. The night is the real magical time at Le Mans. I don't struggle much to identify the cars as by that time I'm pretty used to the liveries and if you follow the race closely you often know where they're running anyway. I also tend to be looking at them quite a lot through a long lens. There is simply nothing like sitting on the bank at Indianapolis in the dead of night, preferably without the French commentator warbling incessantly over the sound of the cars. I'd be very happy to have a night that is twice as long.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4006018)   #1184
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There we have always parted, i love the transition periods and always have, it is those periods i am always at the edge of the track, night racing is interesting for a few hours but changing light conditions is what le mans is all about for me.
Old 9 Oct 2020, 09:23 (Ref:4009289)   #1185
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly belated news, but I only just stumbled across these two post-race penalties in LMP2 and figured others might have missed them too.

Cool Racing’s Am driver Coigny exceeded the permitted four hours in a six-hour period by 2m03.880s, which was been added to the #42 crew’s overall race time. This dropped the Cool Racing entry one position, elevating Algarve Pro to seventh in the final Le Mans classification.

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...20Car%2042.pdf

The No. 34 Inter Europol Ligier-Gibson was penalized 9 laps plus 56 seconds for René Binder failing to meet his minimum drive time of six hours. The penalty demoted the car one position.

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...20Car%2034.pdf
Old 9 Oct 2020, 13:22 (Ref:4009334)   #1186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting, thanks for that.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4068297)   #1187
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't get the fancy timing screen to load? Any alternatives without downloading an extension?
Old 21 Aug 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4068299)   #1188
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Timing 71 won’t be live until just before the start.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4068303)   #1189
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Well, since the 2020 threat has been exhumed, I might as well share this.

Last night, to set the mood, I watched the Official Le Mans 24h 2020 Film from ACO. I must say, I'm rather impressed. I have a collection of LM24 race review videos going back at least 4 decades, and this one is rather more than just a dry retelling of the race week. The race itself wasn't a classic so I didn't expect much, but it was very nicely done. A lot of behind the scenes moments you don't usually see in the broadcast. A bit like Netflix's F1 Drive to Survive, except actually tasteful.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4068307)   #1190
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I hadn’t noticed that we’d unearthed this!