Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4027459)   #26
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
My prediction for GTE-Pro:
- 2x Porsche factory entry
- 1x Porsche Weathertech
- 2x Corvette factrory entry
- 2x Ferrari factory entry
- 1x Ferrari Risi Competizione
- 1x Ferrari Cetilar

sadly far away from recent years....(Ford, BMW, Aston)
I guess GTE-Pro is agonising and on the way to turn into a GT3 category, which means a merge with GTE-Am.....

how do you see it?
GTE Pro could go away and NOT be replaced maybe? Between LMDH, LMH, and LMP2 you can get a grid of 45-50 cars right there. Fill the rest wtih GTE AM. Or maybe even go back to the 1980's with 100% prototype grids
Old 8 Jan 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4027561)   #27
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Depends on how many LMH and LMDH teams bite and how many customer cars end up in the class.

Or resurrect GT2 by combining pro/am into one class with no limitations on driver ratings and have a pro-am cup like Grand Am had for GT and DP?
Old 19 Jan 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4030001)   #28
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...i-entries.html

they are LM entries as well...
I tought Cetilar will be GTE-Pro
Old 19 Jan 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4030023)   #29
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
I tought Cetilar will be GTE-Pro
They have always told, that their car will race in GTE Am...
Old 19 Jan 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4030027)   #30
Lutzvic
Racer

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...te-am-program/

Keating is back with an Aston. Nice
Old 19 Jan 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4030039)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Good news at least aston will be there was beginning to think we might not see them in 2021
Old 20 Jan 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4030160)   #32
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the less structured car numbering system in place. I wonder if Corvette team can actually be "3" and "4" at Le Mans this year.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4030178)   #33
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
With the less structured car numbering system in place. I wonder if Corvette team can actually be "3" and "4" at Le Mans this year.
Not if ByKolles use their usual number 4. And they actually turn up....
Old 20 Jan 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4030223)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
ByKolles will be there i am sure, they are the perennial underdog but always turn up unlike some other teams
Old 20 Jan 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4030224)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not if ByKolles use their usual number 4. And they actually turn up....
Everything looks like they plan to be there running #4:

Old 20 Jan 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4030246)   #36
Lutzvic
Racer

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...le-mans-debut/

another participant
slowly we have almost half of the field...
Old 21 Jan 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4030419)   #37
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will we get the LM24 Grid announced today aswell as the WEC Entry list ?? Also, anyone know what time the announcement is, and can we watch it ?? TIA.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4030422)   #38
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read on reddit that about 2 hours ago ACO released by mistake the entrylist on youtube, but now is set to private. For what I've read in comments glickenhaus designed drivers are briscoe and menezes, but don't know how much true are those statements since in the same comments someone wrote kolles is in, someone else wrote that there is no kolles
Old 21 Jan 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4030436)   #39
Lutzvic
Racer

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...1-fia-wec.html

so 33 cars sure for LM
+ 2 Corvettes
+ Risi
Old 21 Jan 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4030437)   #40
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
ByKolles will be there i am sure, they are the perennial underdog but always turn up unlike some other teams
You managed to jinx this haha! Certainly from a WEC perspective. Hopefully they'll stick in an entry for Le Mans still.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4030448)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
You managed to jinx this haha! Certainly from a WEC perspective. Hopefully they'll stick in an entry for Le Mans still.
Well i would still bet that they will get a le mans entry
Old 29 Jan 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4031895)   #42
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I've read on reddit that about 2 hours ago ACO released by mistake the entrylist on youtube, but now is set to private. For what I've read in comments glickenhaus designed drivers are briscoe and menezes, but don't know how much true are those statements since in the same comments someone wrote kolles is in, someone else wrote that there is no kolles
BRISCOE - DERANI - DUMAS - MAILLEUX - MENEZES - PLA - WESTBROOK

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 30 Jan 2021, 23:04 (Ref:4032241)   #43
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Who is going to Garage 56 this year?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4032410)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've not heard of a Garage 56 entry.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4032912)   #45
WyldStallion
Veteran

So if you are a joe-schmo with lots of money somehow and some way. And you want to run in this year's Le mans 24 hours. But you don't run in any of the series. What would be the best way to gain an entry? My guess would be to enter with a GTE car that is not Porsche, Ferrari, or Aston Martin.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4033071)   #46
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So if you are a joe-schmo with lots of money somehow and some way. And you want to run in this year's Le mans 24 hours. But you don't run in any of the series. What would be the best way to gain an entry? My guess would be to enter with a GTE car that is not Porsche, Ferrari, or Aston Martin.
Not sure that’s really possible. I mean, the strength in depth and quality of the grid compared to what it once was is incredible - even the amateurs are the very best of the amateurs. The teams we know well if we follow the local series and many arrive at their first Le Mans as a slick operation; they had to be, because they earned their entry by finishing well in a championship the season before.

With that, I do miss seeing the entry list and thinking what the hell is that. I think we lost something in gaining so much.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4033073)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just buy your way into an AM entry. They normally have a place holder driver entered. Albeit you can't really turn up off the street anymore you'd need to do enough racing to get that bronze grading. You'd need to already be active in the sportscars.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4033197)   #48
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Just buy your way into an AM entry. They normally have a place holder driver entered. Albeit you can't really turn up off the street anymore you'd need to do enough racing to get that bronze grading. You'd need to already be active in the sportscars.
Indeed. I can sleep easy at night knowing a Noel Edmunds can get nowhere near Le Mans ever again.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 02:25 (Ref:4033788)   #49
WyldStallion
Veteran

So on the GTE side of things right now (pro and am)... I think the field we know of is the WEC entry list plus the 2 P&M Corvettes, Weathertech Porsche, and Risi Ferrari. Any other safe bets at this point in addition to what I mentioned?
Old 7 Feb 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4033847)   #50
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would RLL file two GTE-Pro BMW entries now that they scaled back their IMSA program?