Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Sep 2020, 18:36 (Ref:4005899)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Like every sports racing fan I have huge affection for the RLM crew and enjoy spending the long hours of a 24H race with them. I do though sometimes wish they'd concentrate a bit more on the actual race. I suspect that when he's in the middle of a long story, theory or pet peeve it would take a car literally exploding in flames to get Mr Hindhaugh's attention back on the track .
I say this every year, but it is still relevant.

It’s a long race and there is scope to talk about other stuff. Although they could just generally cut down the opinion piece stuff. They have MWM for that.

However, primarily they should talk about what is going on. Whether they see it on the track (if there), on telly, on timing screens, from sources, etc...

And this is the comparison I make every year. Test match special. They talk about all sorts of stuff, but never miss commentating on every single ball.

RLM don’t need to describe every corner taken, but when not highlighting something on track the other stuff should be how is x doing verses y (E.g. y was 40s behind an hour ago, now 10s). What is likely to develop with pit stops? Are we seeing any trends in sector times, driver times, etc... Or even some scene setters, the rising sun, the smell of the bbq, etc...

The cakes that have been sent in, or the number 8 bus coming round the corner. Oh wait that is TMS.

Oh, and I also say every year - RLM, where would we be without it.