Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 May 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2205306)   #401
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicely written down. Indeed it was a great race to attend
Old 18 May 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2205524)   #402
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another thing...

I had the chance to watch the midweek highlights program on Eurosport the other day and I was fairly impressed. OK, I was probably always going to say that because I like Martin Haven's commentary. Putting that aside, the show felt much more compact, precise, disciplined, taut, succinct somehow. The pictures were even in sych with the audio!

There was footage of the incidents which brought out the red flags during the qualifying (the KSM Lola Mazda incident as well as Pla's incident in the Quifel Lola). The main turning points in the race were also covered, I would go as far as saying all the incidents (big and small) which helps to tell the story of the race were covered e.g. the incident between the Lamborghini and the Euskadi (first time I saw any footage of it) as well as Vanina's moment at La Source.

I also watched the highlights program on Motors as I normally do if I miss a race and I must say, if the Eurosport coverage was of the same length as the Motors program and it had the same commentator each time, I would watch that every single time instead. You wouldn't catch Martin repeatedly identifying cars incorrectly - IMSA Porsche as the 77 Felbelmayr car, Creation-AIM apparently runs in LMP2 hence Lapierre overtaking it easily in the early stages of the race in the Oreca-Courage.

Don't get me wrong, if Motors wasn't here this time tomorrow I would miss it dearly. I've got nothing against the gentlemen who cover the race either. They do a respectable job but it could be much more focused with less digressions. Maybe I'm being harsh because to be fair, I don't know the exact circumstances they have to work under during the race and perhaps with the Eurosports version, there is time to edit together things with new commentary and not the commentary as taken from the live race.

I did laugh a bit though when the guest commentator said all the non-coupe LMP cars look the same to the man on the street. Really? I'm pretty sure the front of the R10 looks very different from the Oreca Courage's or the Lavaggi's to anyone who looked hard enough.

I will put my soapbox away now! Its a Sunday afternoon and I've got nothing better to do so I thought I'd get that off my chest.
Old 19 May 2008, 07:48 (Ref:2206182)   #403
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone un-sticky this thread? I think all that can be said about this race has been said, and it's already very crowded in the sticky-section. Thanks.
Old 19 May 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2206190)   #404
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Another sequence of the Wurz crash: http://www.sportscarpros.com/notes-f...-1/default.htm