Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3740868)   #851
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And you should be able to switch between Quest and ITV4 during the adverts hopefully
Old 13 Jun 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3740906)   #852
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For some reason there is no monthly subscription for Eurosport Player anymore. Now I can pay the same for one day access, what is this nonsense?
Old 13 Jun 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3740923)   #853
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
For some reason there is no monthly subscription for Eurosport Player anymore. Now I can pay the same for one day access, what is this nonsense?
The prices vary between countries. I don't know if that was a recent change but in some countries (UK and Germany at least) there is now a 9,99 e Le Mans pass:

https://i.imgur.com/P48PrRM.png

And my country (Finland) still has the old 6.99 eur / 1 month pass.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3740958)   #854
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, in my country (Netherlands) they removed that option. So I turned on the ol' VPN and just bought a month package from 'Sweden'. Still valid for the Dutch language website too.

Kind of an annoying move though to just get rid of the monthly subscription offer for no apparent reason.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3741000)   #855
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you haven't already seen it here is a summary of all broadcasters and official streamers

http://assets.lemans.org/explorer/pd...-mans-2017.pdf
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3741004)   #856
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anyone know who the broadcast team for the official WEC steam is? I can't find anything saying who is on it.

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/new-we...-for-2017/4830

This has the WEC team, but I can't find Le Mans.

Edit: Can't find the roster for Eurosport or RLM either, or what ITV and Quest will be using. I wish we could just get RLM on the official stream and be done with it.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 13 Jun 2017 at 21:22.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3741008)   #857
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Does anyone know who the broadcast team for the official WEC steam is? I can't find anything saying who is on it.

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/new-we...-for-2017/4830

This has the WEC team, but I can't find Le Mans.

Edit: Can't find the roster for Eurosport or RLM either, or what ITV and Quest will be using. I wish we could just get RLM on the official stream and be done with it.
I have not seen it mentioned anywhere.

EDIT: didn't read the link

Eurosport team:

The English language service, both for the UK and international, will this year be fronted by Mark Cole, Martin Haven, Carlton Kirby and David Addison, supplemented by driver experts Sam Hancock, Damien Faulkner and Liz Halliday, with Chris Parsons on the night watch, and guests to the on-site commentary cabins.

David Addison (does Blancpain) is great. And looks like no clashing cycling event = Kirby is back.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/e...-from-le-mans/

Last edited by deggis; 13 Jun 2017 at 21:52.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3741009)   #858
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Should be the same as for other races, minus Martin Haven who is on Eurosport unless he is going to double-duty. This was one of the reasons for the change so that team is the same for LM too and not like before when Hindy went back to do RLM and then they had cheap replacements.

Altough I can't believe McNish & Moody (the weakest link) can do the whole 24 hours, they have to have some rotation.
I assumed that, but the website says they aren't.

Mcnish - cover all eight rounds of the WEC – the 24 Hours of Le Mans broadcast package being a separate entity.

Moody - and for this season will cover the 6 Hours of Silverstone, the 6 Hours of Nürburgring and the 6 Hours of Bahrain.

Haven - will cover the WEC 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, 6 Hours of Mexico, 6 Hours of COTA, 6 Hours of Fuji and 6 Hours of Shanghai.

It keeps saying Le Mans is a different package, but doesn't say who will be doing it. If it ends up as being Moody then I'll be moving to Eurosport, as he's absolutely useless. They might've said the change was for continuity, but it's more fractured than ever. Can we just get RLM please. Just pay RLM as much money as they want, and put the RLM audio into the stream.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3741011)   #859
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Just seen your Eurosport edit. Cheers for that. Looks good for Eurosport so that'll most likely be the route I go. £6 for coverage is very reasonable.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3741014)   #860
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Bleugh, Kryptonite Kirby. I'd sooner they put a fog horn in front of the microphone.

Addison does very well. But is Jeremy Shaw somewhere on someone's rota?
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3741015)   #861
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
I assumed that, but the website says they aren't.
Oops, didn't read the link... and I think I never read it back when this was announced. It isn't about continuity then for sure.

I'd put bets on all the names that have appeared as LM replacements in the past years. From last year I only remember that one guy who does WRC and even his name I don't remember.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3741019)   #862
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I assume Shaw will be on the RLM radio coverage. It is a shame all the best are on RLM. I hate muting the TV to sync radio. It never syncs correctly and loses ambient sounds.

Eurosport for me it looks like. Annoyingly they still haven't fixed the Eurosport Player app for the Xbox 18 months later.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3741026)   #863
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I assume Shaw will be on the RLM radio coverage. It is a shame all the best are on RLM. I hate muting the TV to sync radio. It never syncs correctly and loses ambient sounds.

Eurosport for me it looks like. Annoyingly they still haven't fixed the Eurosport Player app for the Xbox 18 months later.
Can you link Eurosport player with a laptop to your TV? There is a feed with just ambient sounds. You can pause it live to sync it up with RLM.

I've bought the LM-package for £5.99. Well worth it to have RLM coverage and ambient sounds IMO.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 22:26 (Ref:3741027)   #864
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Can you link Eurosport player with a laptop to your TV? There is a feed with just ambient sounds. You can pause it live to sync it up with RLM.

I've bought the LM-package for £5.99. Well worth it to have RLM coverage and ambient sounds IMO.
I can do that which is a good idea Yeah. Are RLM doing a video stream with a timer? They did that for a race last year and it helped sync up. Without it, it's just a guessing game.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3741043)   #865
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I can do that which is a good idea Yeah. Are RLM doing a video stream with a timer? They did that for a race last year and it helped sync up. Without it, it's just a guessing game.
I hate when they're ahead and they spoil a pass before you see it on 'live' TV! Grrr Can you purchase this Eurosport thingy in the U.S.?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 00:02 (Ref:3741045)   #866
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Honestly no idea if you can. It only comes up with UK options here.

http://eurosportplayer.com/

See what happens when you load that in the US. They usually offer a monthly pass for about £7. They're now offering a Le Mans only pass for £6. Sounds like it has different camera options (normal, onboard, no commentary). Does have adverts and commercials, but less than what you're used to in the US. If it works I highly recommend this one.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3741051)   #867
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hate when they're ahead and they spoil a pass before you see it on 'live' TV! Grrr Can you purchase this Eurosport thingy in the U.S.?
With a VPN yes.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3741106)   #868
The ginger prince
Rookie

The ginger prince should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick heads up that Amazon prime now carries the Eurosport player, and they (in the UK at least) are offering a free 7 day trial. You can also take out the Prime 30 day trial alongside it - Free coverage of Eurosport, providing you cancel the membership within 7 days.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3741168)   #869
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone 'down under' in Australia, there is a similar two week free trial with Foxtel Now which will give you the Eurosport coverage :

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/shop.html
Old 14 Jun 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3741195)   #870
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons707 View Post
Does anybody know if FSGo is going to have the Wednesday and Thursday sessions? Last year they weren't listed like this year but they lshowed them on FSGO.

I don't see a listing for it, anyone know where to watch the practice sessions?

Also, if I download the WEC app and purchase the race pack for IPad, can I open it up on PC? Or are they exclusive to platform?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3741196)   #871
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I don't see a listing for it, anyone know where to watch the practice sessions?

Also, if I download the WEC app and purchase the race pack for IPad, can I open it up on PC? Or are they exclusive to platform?
Shouldn't be exclusive to the platform. Used to be, but not now. I bought it on the PC and it loads on my iPhone.

However...the site is terrible, and I'm never completely confident it'll work, so I can't be 100% sure. But in my experience, I bought on a PC and it works on PC and iPhone.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3741198)   #872
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It keeps saying Le Mans is a different package, but doesn't say who will be doing it. If it ends up as being Moody then I'll be moving to Eurosport, as he's absolutely useless. They might've said the change was for continuity, but it's more fractured than ever. Can we just get RLM please. Just pay RLM as much money as they want, and put the RLM audio into the stream.

Lol!!! I thought in the past, the problem was that RLM don't want their stream behind a paywall.

Although I can't figure why it's so hard to get RLM on a television broadcast, they are gold.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3741202)   #873
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have the wec app, but there isn't video coverage of this first practice. RLM it is
Old 14 Jun 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3741209)   #874
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have live video on my WEC android app, no announcers - but good car/background sounds. Well, nevermind, here come the announcers now.

I have NOTHING on the WEC website.

And I have a paid LeMans pack.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3741210)   #875
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have the wec app, but there isn't video coverage of this first practice. RLM it is

I just downloaded the app for iPad , they are live streaming the practice session as far as I can see