Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 9 May 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1604572)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Predictions Threads - Testing the Water....

Old 10/10ths hands will remember the predictions threads that Fab and I used to run in the lead up to each year's Le Mans. Now, I appreciate that I've been AWOL for quite a while and Fab is off doing other things right now, but would there be any interest in the idea being revived this year?

For those who don't remember, we used to have two predictions threads, the first for the pole position car and time and the second for the top three (overall) and the number of laps completed. If there is interest, I'll be happy to organise it.......
Old 9 May 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1604646)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wouldn't be Le Mans without your predictions threads Ayse!

That's a definite yes from me.......
Old 10 May 2006, 00:06 (Ref:1604686)   #3
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye!
Old 10 May 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1604695)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One Word....

YES!!!!!

I was within .007 of the actual time to win in 2003, was 4th best in 2004 and was an "Honorable mention" last year (my prediction was within .015 of the Pescarolo "Test Day" time, but no one pushed them in quals so they didn't have to go for it last year...

Do It!

Please....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 May 2006, 03:36 (Ref:1604748)   #5
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES!!!
Old 10 May 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1604796)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep , just do it!
Old 10 May 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1604980)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, on the assumption that we are green for go, another question - do I wait until after the Test Day? I know that some cunning swines are always tempted to do so. Alternatively, we close it before the Test Day......???
Old 10 May 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1604992)   #8
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
before test day seems better (4th june 9am LMT)
maybe some of us will do the whole 2 weeks and want to play as well before leaving
Old 10 May 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1605012)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
OK, on the assumption that we are green for go, another question - do I wait until after the Test Day? I know that some cunning swines are always tempted to do so. Alternatively, we close it before the Test Day......???
My 2p (and sorry to disagree Bernard)........

Interest in Le Mans increases as we get nearer to the date. I reckon you'll have less participants if you close the thread before the Test Day.

Predictions are also a little more difficult this year with the change to the Dunlop chicane and so many new cars (especially those mysterious Audi's). So those 'cunning swine' will have an even greater advantage in 2006 if you open the threads before the Test Day.

I would suggest you open the threads on the Monday morning following the Test Day (5th June) with closure on Tuesday 13th June.

However, Bernard does makes a valid point about those (lucky people) who will be in Le Mans for the whole two weeks.
Old 10 May 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1605071)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My only concern is that some will deliberately wait until after the Test Day before putting in a prediction based on the up to date info - I'm not that fussed, but I wouldn't be having people who had already posted their predictions wanting to change their minds as a result of what happens at the TD.......
Old 10 May 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1605079)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
However you want to do it is fine with us, Aysedasi....

We do this for fun anyway....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 May 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1605096)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
However you want to do it is fine with us, Aysedasi....

We do this for fun anyway....
Quite so!
Old 10 May 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1605106)   #13
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely half the fun is making wildly optimistic guesses at cars' peformance without any form of skill or analysis.

I vote for a pre-TD deadline.
Old 10 May 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1605240)   #14
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Predictions are also a little more difficult this year with the change to the Dunlop chicane and so many new cars (especially those mysterious Audi's). So those 'cunning swine' will have an even greater advantage in 2006 if you open the threads before the Test Day.
for me anyway, nothing scientific, luck only can make it

and fwiw, during 2005 bikes (old Dunlop), best time was 1.38.623, in 2006 (new Dunlop): 1.38.174
not very significant...
Old 10 May 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1605271)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, let me have any other thoughts by all means, but I'll look to set something uip by the weekend. I'll run it until TD anyway, and see how it goes!