Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jan 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3010187)   #251
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a personal digi radio somewhere, it's great when there's good reception, but it's binary, there's either signal or none, it is quite a few years old though.

Moot point though with no digi in France. The coverage for FM is fine at the track.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3010851)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've never had any problem with the radio coverage at or around the circuit. Obviously if you leave the circuit, you'll lose the coverage reasonably quickly.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3010860)   #253
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
when we leave after the race we still get RLM until a good few miles north of Le Mans and sometimes a good deal further
Old 13 Jan 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3011042)   #254
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
when we leave after the race we still get RLM until a good few miles north of Le Mans and sometimes a good deal further
From memory, crackly reception around St. Saturnin - but even so, it's one of those "goosebump" moments when you finally get reception as you approach LM each year.

Our campsite is about ten miles from the start/finish line as the crow flies and reception is loud and clear on the car radio, but barely audible on a small portable radio
Old 13 Jan 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3011283)   #255
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think I'm in love with the poster http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...13683081_n.jpg
Old 13 Jan 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3011299)   #256
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Shock horror, they got someone good to design the poster for once.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3011453)   #257
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm back this year after a two-year sabbatical for exams!

Still have an exam on Weds 20th mind, but I'm prepared to risk it.

I absolutely can not wait to be back. Being stuck in the UK for the race in the first time in my living memory wasn't pleasant. Can't wait for that feeling I get when I first see the Starship Enterprise, the Tribunes and the Dunlop Bridge from the motorway.

I've posted on this forum since 2009 and it would be brilliant to meet some of you if I get the chance.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3011512)   #258
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets hope you finally make it to the saturday meet or perhaps if we manage to sort something out for the friday pit visit, only 5 months to go now and everything booked, it will be many years since I have been an ACO member so looking forward to seeing the advantages
Old 17 Jan 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3013010)   #259
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I can now officially confirm that I would be in Le Mans this or in 2013 as there is going to a new arrival in the Jones household at the end of July.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3013213)   #260
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Well I can now officially confirm that I would be in Le Mans this or in 2013 as there is going to a new arrival in the Jones household at the end of July.
Congratulations.

Well there is always one who doesn't heed the warning on Club Arnage about keeping a certain thing locked away in October and November each year!!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3013376)   #261
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Congratulations.

Well there is always one who doesn't heed the warning on Club Arnage about keeping a certain thing locked away in October and November each year!!
Or using what the same Club mentions around 2-3 times in the guide
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3013605)   #262
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For my 24th edition the 2012 race now looks a lot less appealing due to Pugs decision today.
Not sure how easy it will be to convince the rest of my group as to how good the battles will be now too...
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3013618)   #263
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm wondering how hard it will hit attendance. Not only due to the battle but also there French public. There's the possibility that neither Peugeot or Pescarolo will be there. Most of the big French drivers are without seats.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3013621)   #264
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm wondering how hard it will hit attendance. Not only due to the battle but also there French public. There's the possibility that neither Peugeot or Pescarolo will be there. Most of the big French drivers are without seats.
Wouldn't worry about that for the moment, according to Endurance-Info Pescarolo will be running one car for the full WEC and a second car at Le Mans.

https://twitter.com/#!/EnduranceInfo...91612014903297
Old 18 Jan 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3013730)   #265
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well if pesco has two cars there in June that is good news perhaps one might be a redundant pug
Old 19 Jan 2012, 01:53 (Ref:3013893)   #266
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I would imagine French vistors will be down a bit but they still have Henri to cheer for. As for vistors from the rest of Eurpoe and the UK I doubt it will have a big impact.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3014046)   #267
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
As I mentioned somewhere else I hope it won't turn out to be a complete Audi festival but I fear the worst now...
Old 19 Jan 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3014050)   #268
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
As I mentioned somewhere else I hope it won't turn out to be a complete Audi festival but I fear the worst now...
Yep could be the Aston Martin festival followed directly by the Audi one on the Saturday.

I just hope they will be allowed to fight between them but I have to agree with Hindy's point last night that, a regular R18 wouldn't be allowed to race the hybrids.

I'm absolutely gutted. It put a complete dampener on my day yesterday but I'm still excited to go to Le Mans and see if for myself - for better or worse.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3014441)   #269
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Congrats to you and Mrs Jones, well done the both of you!

Is this part of an agreement made in the prenups?
Old 22 Jan 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3015152)   #270
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm absolutely gutted. It put a complete dampener on my day yesterday but I'm still excited to go to Le Mans and see if for myself - for better or worse.
Will this year be the spectacle that 2008, 2010, and 2011 were? I suspect not.

Am I still very much looking forward to my trip in June - absolutely.

Too many years as a historian mean I spend many an evening nosing through footage and reports of sportscar races gone by, and ultimately a lot of them have the result decided a long time before the flag falls. I suspect this might be the case in 2012, but this isn't unusual historically, and no reason why we can't find solace in great races elsewhere through the grid, and what will always be amazing cars doing incredible things.

I'm happy to lay a quiet bet that come Thursday night qualifying I'll be standing at the apex of Tertre Rouge with a vast smile on my face. Sure it would be better with Peugeots there to mix it up, but I don't expect I'm likely to be bored.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3015217)   #271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With you there all the way Ian.....
Old 22 Jan 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3015395)   #272
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes the lack of pugs will change the race but not spoil it, last year two of the 3 audi's had problems no result is certain and I was there when some of the biggest upsets happened so never expect everything to go as predicted.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3015462)   #273
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Let's be honest, Le Mans is special no matter what. Whether the race is good or bad watching it is special.

Also, having been stood next to the pass as it happened, the Audis were fighting each other pretty hard in the lead up to Nishy's crash last year. I think they'll be allowed to race unless they're reduced to two cars.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3020037)   #274
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, got the race tickets booked two weeks ago. Got the transportation and hotel booked today. All I have to do now is book the flight, the Paris hotel, and finish distilling the moonshine for the gathering and I'm done.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3020273)   #275
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
and finish distilling the moonshine for the gathering and I'm done.